《老友记》视听精讲第601期:我的捐款让乔伊上了电视
日期:2015-08-20 13:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

PBS Telethon.
公视电视募款
Hi,Joey.
嗨,乔伊
Hey,Phoebe.
嗨,菲比
I'd like to make a pledge. I would like to donate $200.
我要捐钱 我想捐200元
Two hundred dollars? You sure? After what Sesame Street did to you?
200美元?你确定?“芝麻街”可是伤你不浅
I'm still mad at them, but they bring happiness...
我还是很生气
...to lots of kids whose moms didn't kill themselves.
不过我也知道 很多妈妈没自杀的小孩很爱看
By supporting them,I'm doing a good thing,but I'm not happy about it.
为了支持这节目 我决定做件好事 不过我自己可不开心
So there! A selfless good deed.
你看,这就是无私的善行
You don't feel good about donating the money?
难道你捐钱没有一点开心?
No,it sucks! I was saving up to buy a hamster.
难过死了 我本想用那笔钱买支黄金鼠
A hamster? Those things are,like,$10.
黄金鼠?那种宠物 10元就买得到
Not the one I had my eye on.
我喜欢那支可没那么便宜
It looks like we have surpassed last year's pledge total.
看来今年的募款 已经超过去年总额
Thank you!
谢谢各位
And the pledge that did it was taken by one of our volunteers.
打破纪录的捐款是由 我们的义工募得
Oh,boy! And may I say, one of our sharpest dressed volunteers. Mr. Joseph Tribbiani!
而且这位还穿得很体面 ,这位就是乔伊崔比亚尼
Oh,look! Joey's on TV! Isn't that great?
看呀 乔伊上电视了 太棒了
My pledge got Joey on TV! That makes me feel so
我的捐款让乔伊上了电视
Oh,no!
这真是让我…糟糕

影视精讲

save up to 节省
This could save up to 140 litres a week.
这样每周可以节约140升水。

He said he'll spend about$ 300 on a cheap pc and then save up to buy a more expensive computer from apple.
他说他将花300美元左右买台便宜的pc,然后存钱买一台更昂贵的苹果电脑。

分享到