《老友记》视听精讲第206期:昨晚我做了一件蠢事
日期:2013-02-04 15:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Joey: You know, I think I was sixteen.
我想我是十六岁。
Monica: Please, just a little bit off the back.
求求你,只要剪后面一点点。
Phoebe: I'm still on "no".
我还是坚持不要。
Rachel: Uh, morning. Do you guys think you could close your eyes for just a sec?
早安!你们能不能闭上眼睛一秒钟?
Joey: No no no no no, I'm not fallin' for that again.
不,不,不,我可不要再上当。
Phoebe: What's going' on?
怎么回事?
Rachel: Well, I sort of did a stupid thing last night.
昨晚我做了一件蠢事。
Chandler: What stupid thing did you do?
你做了什么蠢事?
Paulo: Bon giorno tutti!
意大利语。
Phoebe: Ewe!
恶!
Rachel: Ok, Paulo, why don't you just go get dressed, and then you be on your way, ok, byebye.
好的,Paulo,你为什么不穿上衣服,然后就可以走了,再见。
Monica: Rachel how did this happen?
Rachel,怎么发生的?
Rachel: I don't know, I just kinda ran into him last night.
我不知道,我昨晚凑巧碰到他。
Phoebe: Where?
在哪里?
Rachel: At his apartment. Is this juice?
在他的公寓。这是果汁吗?
Joey: Whoa, whoa. And the fact that you dumped him because he hit on Phoebe?
你忘了他勾引Phoebe所以你才甩了他。
Rachel: Oh God, I know I'm a pathetic loser.
天啊,我知道我是个可悲的失败者。
Monica: Honey, you're not pathetic, you're sad.
甜心,你不可悲,你只是伤心。
Chandler: People do stupid things when they're upset.
大家伤心时都会干蠢事。
Monica: My god, if I had a nickel for every guy I wish I hadn't but this is about your horrible mistake.
天啊,如果每个我不该上床的人都给我五毛——但这是关于你的大错误。
Ross: Hi. Sorry we're late but we werewell, there was touching.
嗨。对不起,我们迟到了——我们在那里有过接触。
Paulo: Hey, hey Ross.
嘿,嘿,Ross。
Ross: Hey, Paulo. What are you doing here?
嘿,Paulo,你在这里干什么呢?
Paulo: I do Raquel.
和Rachel做爱。
Ross: So, uh, he's back.
对,他回来了。
Rachel: Yeah, he's back. Is that a problem?
对,他回来了。有什么问题吗?
Ross: No, not a problem.
没,没问题。
Rachel: Good! I'm glad it's not a problem.
很好!很高兴没有问题。
Phoebe: Ok, you're gonna have to not touch my ass.
你不能再碰我的屁股。
Chandler: Well, in spite of the yummy bagels and palpable tension, I've got pants that need to be altered.
尽管有美味的面包与浓厚的紧张气氛,我要去改裤子了。
Joey: Hey, Chandler, when you see Frankie, tell him Joey Tribbiani says hello. He'll know what it means.
嘿,Chandler,你见到Frankie时替我问个好。他会明白我的意思。
Chandler: Are you sure he's gonna be able to crack that code?
你确定他能解得开密码吗?
Monica: You know it's funny, the last time Paulo was here, my hair was so much shorter and cuter.
上次Paulo来这里时我的短发要可爱多了。
Phoebe: All right.
好吧。

影片简介

Rachel兴冲冲去机场接Ross,满怀期待想和他书写新篇章,但Ross带着Julie(华裔女孩)回国,却使她美梦破碎。泄露Ross喜欢Rachel的大嘴巴是Chandler,在Ross出国前劝他忘了Rachel的也是Chandler,Chandler为此愧疚不已。大家一起看相扑节目。Phoebe给Joey和Chandler做发型;Monica眼红要凑热闹。Phoebe说Monica你太挑剔,我怕搞砸被你骂,却又在后者的再三哀求下让步。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

1. crack: 打开(对密码的破解,对软件的破解等等都可以称为crack。在网络世界,也存在一些从事这些活动的伪黑客cracker。)

2. bagel: [美国英语](过水)硬面包圈,百吉面包圈(先水煮后烤的发面圈)

短语讲解:

1. fall for:

(1) 爱上

eg. He was fantastically handsome—I just fell for him right away.
他帅极了——我对他简直就是一见钟情。

(2) 被骗

eg. It was just a line to get you out here, and you fell for it!
那只是一个让你到这儿来的谎言,你被骗了!

2. be on your way: 去吧,走吧

eg. You can create one in five minutes and be on your way to organizing your day.
你能用五分钟做一个记事本,用你的方式管理你的一天。

eg. If done right and if you are prepared, you can be on your way to teaching shortly after your graduation.
如果你决定好了、准备好了,也许在你毕业后不久就可以当老师了。

3. run into: 碰巧遇见

eg. Be careful not to run into one of these big cats in the jungle!
当你走在丛林里,一定要小心啊,可不要碰到这只“大猫”哦!

eg. If you concentrate on either one too much then you can run into problems later on.
如果你过分集中于其中的任何一个,那么稍后你就会遇到问题。

4. hit on:

(1) 想出

eg. After running through the numbers in every possible combination, we finally hit on a solution.
将数字排列出了所有可能的组合后,我们终于找到了答案。

(2) 挑逗[非正式]

eg. She was hitting on me and I was surprised and flattered.
她挑逗我,这既让我吃惊又感到荣幸。

分享到
重点单词
  • crackv. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑 n.
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • combinationn. 结合,联合,联合体
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • tensionn. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压 vt. 使
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • palpableadj. 易觉察的,明显的
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • spiten. 恶意,怨恨 vt. 刁难,伤害
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物