《老友记》视听精讲第11期:我恨男人
日期:2011-11-21 13:58

(单词翻译:单击)

双语剧本[Scene: Central Perk, everyone but Rachel is there.]

-Joey: (sitting on the arm of the couch) Of course it was a line!
当然那是个谎言
-Monica: Why?! Why? Why, why would anybody do something like that?
为什么?为什么有人会做这样的事情?
-Ross: I assume we're looking for an answer more sophisticated than 'to get you into bed'.
我想更复杂的答案是和你上床
-Monica: I hate men! I hate men!
我恨男人,我恨男人

-Phoebe: Oh no, don't hate, you don't want to put that out into the universe.
不,不要这样,你还不会希望把他们赶出宇宙的
-Monica: Is it me? Is it like I have some sort of beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?
是因为我吗?是因为我有某种导向类的东西,只有狗,有感情问题的男人才会发觉?
-Phoebe: All right, come here, give me your feet. (She starts massaging them.)
好啦,过来这里,把你的脚给我
-Monica: I just thought he was nice, you know?
我只是以为他是个好人
-Joey: (bursts out laughing again) I can't believe you didn't know it was a line!
我真不敢相信,你不知道那是个谎言

(Monica pushes him off of the sofa as Rachel enters with a shopping bag.)

-Rachel: Guess what?
猜猜怎么样?
-Ross: You got a job?
你得到工作啦
-Rachel: Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.
开玩笑吗?我一点经验都没有!我今天被十二个招聘的嘲笑
-Chandler: And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.
而且你还这么高兴
-Rachel: You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!
你也会高兴的如果你发现 John和David牌的皮靴打五折
-Chandler: Oh, how well you know me...
是呀,你多了解我….
-Rachel: They're my new 'I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I've got great boots' boots!
这就是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,我不需要父母,我有我的新皮靴
-Monica: How'd you pay for them?
你用什么付账的?
-Rachel: Uh, credit card.
恩,信用卡
-Monica: And who pays for that?
那谁付账单呢?
-Rachel: Um... my... father.
恩…我…爸爸

讲解注释arm: 扶手
couch: 沙发
line: 骗人的话
assume: 设想
Let's assume it to be true.
让我们假定这是真的。
We assume his guilt.
我们假定他是有罪的。
sophisticated: 复杂
universe: 宇宙
sort of: 有几分地
beacon: 灯塔,信号台
severe: 严重的
He's suffering from severe mental disorder.
他患有严重的精神病。
A severe storm turned the small village down to ground.
一场剧烈的风暴把小村夷为平地。
She received severe head injuries in the accident.
她在事故中头部受了重伤。
emotional: 感情的
The conference came to a close with an emotional speech.
会议在有感情的演讲词中结束。
I hope her emotional wound will heal with the passing of time.
我希望她感情上的创伤能随时间的流逝而治愈。
His emotional language reduced many of the audience to tears.
他满怀感情的话语使许多观众流下眼泪。
massage: 按摩
burst out: 突然...起来
push off: 推开
sofa: 沙发
train: 培训
interview: 面试
surprisingly: 惊人地
upbeat: 乐观的
The presentation ended on an upbeat note.
展示简报以乐观的语调结束。
The doctor should keep the conversations with the patient as upbeat as possible.
医生应该用尽可能乐观的言辞与病人交流。
boot: 靴子
on sale: 廉价出售
percent: 百分数

翻译练习在这种情形下我们无法作任何揣测。

他的严重的错误导致了重大的损失。

他们相互提供感情上的支持。

我父亲真是一位乐观的人。

参考答案We cannot assume anything in this case.
在这种情形下我们无法作任何揣测。

His costly mistake resulted in severe loss.
他的严重的错误导致了重大的损失。

They offer each other emotional support.
他们相互提供感情上的支持。

My Dad is really an upbeat guy.
我父亲真是一位乐观的人。

分享到
重点单词
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为
  • sophisticatedadj. 诡辩的,久经世故的,精密的,老练的,尖端的
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • burstn. 破裂,阵,爆发 v. 爆裂,迸发
  • costlyadj. 昂贵的,代价高的
  • disordern. 杂乱,混乱 vt. 扰乱
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • severeadj. 剧烈的,严重的,严峻的,严厉的,严格的
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界