《老友记》视听精讲第218期:世事难料 You never know
日期:2013-02-26 11:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Phoebe: You name one woman that you broke up with for a real reason.
你与哪个女友分手是因为正当的理由?
Chandler: Maureen Rosilla.
Maureen Rosilla。
Ross: Not hating Yanni is not a real reason.
因为她不讨厌音乐家Yanni这不是个正当的理由。
Monica: Hello, Mr. Heckles.
嗨,Heckles先生。
Mr. Heckles: You're doing it again.
你们又来了。
Monica: We're not doing anything.
我们什么都没做。
Mr. Heckles: You're stomping. It's disturbing my birds.
你们脚步声太响吓到了我的鸟儿。
Rachel: You don't have birds.
你没有养鸟。
Mr. Heckles: I could have birds.
我可以养鸟。
Monica: Ok, Mr. Heckles, we'll try to keep it down.
我们会小声一点。
Mr. Heckles: Thank you. I'm going to rejoin my dinner party.
谢谢。我要回去继续宴客了。
Rachel: All right, byebye.
好,再见。
Chandler: Ok, Janice. Janice. You gotta give me Janice. That wasn't about being picky.
对了,Janice,Janice可以证明我并没有乱挑剔。
Ross: We'll give you Janice.
我们同意你与Janice分手。
Phoebe: I miss Janice though. "Hello, Chandler Bing."
但我蛮想Janice的,“嗨,Chandler Bing”。
Rachel: "Oh, my, god."
喔,我的天!
Joey: "Oh, Chandler, now, now, that's it. There, faster!"
喔,Chandler, 现在就要。对了。对了!快一点!
Monica: Stop with the broom, we're not making noise.
别用扫把了!我们没有制造噪音。
Rachel: We won. We won!
我们赢了。
Monica: Mr. Heckles.
Heckles先生。
Rachel: How did this happen?
怎么发生的?
Mr.Treeger: He must have been sweeping. They found a broom in his hand.
他一定在扫地,他们发现他抓着一把扫把。
Monica: That's terrible.
真糟糕。
Mr.Treeger: I know. I was sweeping yesterday. It could have been me.
我知道。昨天我也在扫地,搞不好也会一命呜呼。
Ross: Sure, sweeping. You never know.
扫地,真是天有不测风云。
Mr.Treeger: You never know.
世事难料。

影片简介

Chandler说现女友鼻孔大得可以看见她的脑汁儿所以甩掉了她——他总是善于用这种表面化的理由来逃避真正的男女关系。Mr. Heckles 又上楼来抱怨噪音太大,别吵他的鸟儿了(他真的喂鸟了吗?)Phoebe、Rachel和Joey 模仿Janice。Mr. Heckles 死了,手里仍然握着扫帚。很显然他是在捅楼顶抗议时猝死的。Phoebe不相信进化论,这可急坏了Ross:他相信作为科研人员自己有义务对Phoebe进行科普教育。

重点讲解

1. mess with: 搞糟;干扰

eg. You are messing with people's religion and they don't like that.
你正在干涉人们的宗教信仰,他们不喜欢你这样做。

eg. Be confident, don't let anyone mess with your dream
要自信,不要让任何人干扰你的梦想。

2. keep down: 控制

eg. The government tried to keep down the rebels.
政府试图镇压反叛者。

eg. Economies of scale and limited investment choice will keep down charges.
规模经济和有限的投资选择会控制费用不会太高。

3. You never know. 世事难料

eg. I'd like to hope that but you never know.
我希望如此但你永远也不知道结果如何。

eg. But the world is full of wonders, so you never know.
但是,世界无奇不有,所以你永远不会知道会发生什么。

分享到
重点单词
  • disturbingadj. 烦扰的;令人不安的 v. 干扰;打断(dist
  • confidentadj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的 adj. 易
  • limitedadj. 有限的,被限制的 动词limit的过去式和过去
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登