《老友记》视听精讲第114课:每人一瓶
日期:2012-08-13 16:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Lorraine: You know, ever since I was little, I've been able to pick up quarters with my toes.
知道吗,我从儿时就能用脚趾夹起25美分。
Joey: Yeah?Good for you. Uh, quarters or rolls of quarters?
是吗,真厉害。一个硬币还是一卷硬币?
Janice: By the way, Chandler. I cut you out of all my pictures. So if you want, I have a bag with just your heads.
对了,Chandler,我把照片上的你都剪掉了,如果需要,我有一袋你的头。
Chandler: That's OK.
不用了。
Janice: Oh, are you sure? Really? Because you know, you could make little puppets out of them, and you could use them in your theater of cruelty.
哦,确定?真的?你可以用它们做傀儡,也可以在你的“残酷戏院”中用它们。
Joey: We can't do that.
不能那样做。
Chandler: What? What can't you do?
什么?不能做什么?
Joey: Uh, can I talk to you for a second, over there?
能过去和你谈谈吗?
Joey: Uh, we might be leaving now.
嗯,我们得先离开。
Chandler: Tell me it's "you and me" we.
告诉我这是“你和我”,我们。
Joey: She said she wants to slather my body with stuff and then lick it off. I'm not even sure what slathering is, but I definitely want to be a part of it.
她说她想要在我身体上涂满东西,然后舔干净。我不知道她想要涂什么东西,但我绝对不想错过任何部分。
Chandler: OK, you can not do this to me.
好吧,但你不能这样对我。
Joey: You're right, I'm sorry.
你说的没错,对不起。
Lorraine: Uh, can we have three chocolate mousses to go please?
恩,能给我们三份巧克力慕思外带吗?
Joey: I'm out of here. Here's my credit card. Dinner's on me. I'm sorry, Chandler.
我要走了,给你我的信用卡,晚饭算我请。对不起,Chandler。
Chandler: I hope she throws up on you.
我希望她吐在你身上。
Chandler: So...
那么……
Janice: Just us.
就剩咱俩了。
Chandler: Oh, what a crappy night!
哦,真是糟糕的一夜!
Janice: Although, I have enjoyed the fact that, uh your shirt's been sticking out of your zipper ever since you came back from the bathroom.
但我还是一直欣赏你拉链里的衣服,自你从洗手间回来后。
Chandler: Excuse me. How ya doing?
对不起。近来可好?
Janice: So, do we have the best friends or what?
他们是我们最要好的朋友?
Chandler: Joey's not a friend. He's...a stupid man who left us his credit card. Another drink? Some dessert? A big screen TV?
Joey才不算是朋友。他……这个笨蛋把他的信用卡留下了。想再来一杯?甜点?大屏幕电视机?
Janice: I will go for that drink.
我想再来一杯。
Chandler: You got it. Good woman! Could we get a bottle of your most overpriced champagne?
没问题,好女人!能给我们来一瓶你们最贵的香槟吗?
Janice: Each.
每人一瓶。
Chandler: That's right, each. Oh, and a uh Rob Roy. I've always wanted to know.
对,每人一瓶,哦,还有,每人各一瓶Rob Boy。我一直想品尝一下。

重点讲解

词组学习:

1. be able to: 能够
2. a roll of: 一卷 roll: 卷

eg. While in flames, he grabbed a roll of lottery tickets and fled.
但是在火光中,他还是抓住了一卷彩票然后逃走了。

3. by the way: 顺便说

eg. By the way, have you done anything behind my back?
顺便问一下,你在我背后做什么事吗?

4. lick off: 舔掉

eg. Though honey is sweet, don't lickoff a briar.
蜂蜜虽甜,但千万别舔野蔷薇刺上的蜂蜜。

5. throw up: 呕吐

eg. Be careful forcing yourself to throw up, as it can cause many serious healthy problems.
逼迫自己呕吐时要小心,因为它会造成许多严重的健康问题。

6. up and down: 上上下下

eg. Jump up and down if you need too.
如果有必要的话,你还可以上下跳动。

7. turn around: 转身

eg. You are going east; to go west, you have to turn around.
你正在向东走,去西边的话,你得转个身。

单词回顾:

1. zip: 扣上拉链
2. patron: 顾客
3. ya: =you只被用于口语
4. overpriced: 将……标价过高

eg. So most homes will find buyers – but not overpriced prime accommodation.
因此,多数房子将找到买家,但这不包括定价过高的豪宅。

5. or what: 还有别的什么

eg. Who or what have you sacrificed for your art?
你为艺术牺牲了哪个人或什么事吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • crueltyn. 残酷,残忍,残酷的行为,虐待
  • primeadj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的 n. 青春,壮
  • patronn. 赞助人,保护人,老主顾
  • robv. 抢劫,掠夺
  • accommodationn. 住处,膳宿;适应,和解
  • lotteryn. 彩票
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽