(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Rachel: Really. Mindy, if it'll make you feel any better, when I was engaged to him he went through a whole weird thing too.
真的?如果这样能让你好过点,我和Barry订婚时他也变了样。
Mindy: Oh God! You see, that's what I was afraid of!
瞧,这就是我最担心的。
Rachel: What? What's what you were afraid of?
什么?你担心什么?
Mindy: Okay, okay... when Barry was engaged to you, he and I...kind of... had a little thing on the side.
Barry和你订婚时,我跟他正在偷偷恋爱。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Mindy: I know. I know, and when he proposed to me, everyone said "Don't do it, he's just gonna do to you what he did to Rachel," and now I feel so stupid.
我知道,他向我求婚时,每个人都劝我别接受,我觉得我真笨。
Rachel: Uh... Oh, Mindy, you are so stupid. Oh, we are both so stupid.
Mindy,你真笨,我们两人都笨。
Mindy: What do you mean?
什么意思?
Rachel: Smell familiar?
是不是熟悉的味道?
Mindy: Oh no.
噢,不。
Rachel: Oh, I am so sorry.
抱歉……
Mindy: No me, I am so sorry...
抱歉……
Joey: Oh , my.
噢。
Ross: Four letters: "Circle or hoop".
四个字母,圈圈或圆圈。
Chandler: Ring damn it, ring!
快响呀,该死的,快响呀!
Ross: Thanks.
谢啦。
Joey: Hey, you know our phone's not working?
我们的电话坏了。
Chandler: What?!
什么?
Joey: I tried to call you from the coffee shop, and there was no answer.
我从咖啡店打给你,没有应答。
Chandler: I turned it off. Mother of God, I turned it off!
我关机了,天啊,我关机了。
Monica: Just like you told her you did! ... Just pointing out the lie irony.
和你告诉她的一样。
Joey: Hey, so listen, I went across the street and talked to the doorman I got the peeper's name! Can I use the phone?
真是讽刺。我和对街门房谈过了,他告诉我那偷窥狂的名字,电话能借用吗?
Chandler: Nngghhh!!!!!!!
啊。
Joey: Can I use your phone? Yeah, the number for a Sidney Marks, please.
电话能借用吗?请帮我查辛尼马克斯的电话。
Ross: "Heating device."
热装置?
Phoebe: Radiator.
散热器。
Ross: Five letters.
五个字母。
Phoebe: Rdtor.
是Rdtor吗?
Joey: Yeah, is Sidney there? Oh, this is? Sidney's a woman.
辛尼是个女的。
Monica: So she's a woman! So what?
是女的又怎样?对,那又怎样?
Joey: Yeah. Yeah, so what? Look, I live across the street, and I know all about you and your little telescope, and I don't appreciate it, okay? Yeah, I can see you right now! Hello!
我住在对街,我注意到你拿着望远镜,而且我很不喜欢你这样。我现在就看的见你,这里!
影片简介
大家在争论花生酱饼干和咸味饼孰优孰劣时,发现有人在用望远镜向室内偷窥:Joey发现那是个不错的女人。众人埋怨偷窥者举止下流,Phoebe窥见丑陋裸男穿着重力靴,大家又蜂拥去看。Chandler和Danielle约会感觉非常好,他很想打电话给她却又不想显得太猴急。Rachel想安慰Barry,结果却和他上了床;当她与Barry的现任未婚妻Mindy碰面交谈之后,Rachel发现Barry惯于脚踏两船,真不是个东西。
重点讲解
词组学习:
1. afraid of: 担心,担忧
eg. There is nothing to be afraid of. We are all rooting for you.
没有什么可怕的。我们全都支持你。
eg. Do not be afraid of the loneliness of enlightenment.
不要害怕因造诣深而产生的孤独感。
2. propose to: 向……求婚
eg. I think it might be the most romantic thing to propose to her at the end of such a fantastic performance.
所以我想在这样一场精彩的表演之后向她求婚是一件最浪漫的事情。
eg. The space is just a little too small, propose to add one more square meter.
只是空间实在有点小,建议可以再增大一个平方米。
3. turn off: 关上
eg. I hate it when people forget to turn off their pagers at the movies.
我非常讨厌别人在看电影的时候忘了关掉呼机。
简单口语:
Mother of God! 表示惊讶,惊呼。译为“天啊”。
天啊的各种表达法:
Oh, my God! = Oh My. = Gosh! = My goodness. = Jesus! = Jesus Christ!
天啊,这个兔斯基把萝卜当成斧子了!!