《老友记》视听精讲第282期:我那时脑袋已经摔得稀巴烂了
日期:2013-06-04 14:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

ROSS: C'mon.
开门
RACHEL: Joey.
乔伊
ROSS: Open up. We want to talk to you.
开门,我们想跟你谈一谈
JOEY: I don't feel like talkin.
我不想谈
RACHEL: Oh c'mon Joey, we care about you.
别这样了,乔伊我们关心你
CHANDLER: We're worried about you.
我们很关心你
MONICA: And some of us really have to pee.
我们有些人真的很急呀
MONICA: Sorry Joey.
抱歉,乔伊
JOEY: Hey.

PHOEBE: Listen, sorry about your death, that really sucks.
听着,很遗憾你的死真的很惨耶
CHANDLER: We came over as soon as we saw.
我们一看到就赶过来了
ROSS: How could you not tell us?
你怎么不告诉我们呢?
JOEY: I don't know, I was kinda hopin' no one would ever find out.
我不知道我有点希望没有人会发现
RACHEL: Well, maybe they can find a way to bring you back.
或许他们可以让你起死回生
JOEY: Naa, they said that when they found my body, my brain was so smashed in that the only doctor that could have saved me was me. Supposed to be some kind of irony or somethin.
他们说当找到我尸体的时候我的脑袋已经摔得稀巴烂了…而唯一救得了我的人是我,说是故意要看起来讽刺什么的。
PHOEBE: But Joey, you're gonna be fine. You don't need that show, it was just a dumb soap opera.
乔伊,你不会有事的,你不需要那个节目那只是个蠢的肥皂剧嘛。
JOEY: Phoebe, this was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.
菲此,那是我这辈子最棒的事。
PHOEBE: Yes, I was going to incorporate that. Oh good, here's Monica, she'll have something nice to say.
没错,我本来还要那样说的。很好,摩妮卡来了她会说句好听的啦。
MONICA: Um, I straightened out your shower curtain so you won't get mildew. What? To me that's nice.
我把你的浴帘拉直了以免发霉,怎么了?那是好事啊。
CHANDLER: It's gonna be ok. You know that?
不要紧的,你也知道嘛。
JOEY: No, I don't. It's like, ya know, you work your whole life for somethin' and you think that when you get it it's never gonna be as good as you thought it would be. But this so was. Ya know, it changed everything. Like the other day, I got this credit card application, and I was pre- approved. Huh? I've never been pre-approved for anything in my life.
不,我不知道,像你奋斗了一辈子去追求…当你认为你办到的时候…永远不会像你想的一样好,不过这个是啊,它改变了一切,前几天呢,我去申请信用卡…我竟然被保送过关了,我这辈子从没被保送过关过
CHANDLER: I'm sorry man.
很遗憾,老兄
RACHEL: Yeah, Joey honey, I don't know if this'll mean anything to you but you'll always be pre-approved with us.
乔伊我不知道这对你有没有意义…但我们总是会保送你过关。

影视精讲

JOEY饰演的角色在剧中死掉了,JOEY很伤心,需要大家的安慰。

1. irony n.讽刺
eg.The irony in all this?
还有比这更讽刺的吗?
SYN satire
2. soap opera 肥皂剧
eg.They can be people in an entirely fictional world - they can be soap opera characters.
他们可以是纯虚构的世界里的人,可以是肥皂剧里的人物。
3. incorporate vt.包含,吸收
eg.It allows you to harness existing technologies and incorporate them into one application.
它允许您利用现有的技术并将它们合并到同一个应用程序中。
4. mildew vt.使发霉
eg.The grain is liable to mildew when the humidity in the barn is too high.
仓库里潮气太大, 粮食就容易发霉。
5. straighten out 清理;使成直线
eg.Straighten out these distortions and the picture is grim.
澄清这些扭曲和图片是严酷的。
6. shower curtain 浴帘
eg.Look at the shower curtain on kelly beach.
看看凯丽沙滩的浴帘就知道了。
7. pre-approved adj.预先核准的;预先批准的
eg.Only a few tourists may enter the park at a time, with a pre-approved guide, and roadside cameras monitor traffic entering and leaving the park.
一次只有少数游客能进入公园,跟着一个事先批准的向导,路边的摄像头从进入到离开全程地监视着车辆。

分享到
重点单词
  • fictionaladj. 虚构的,小说的
  • harnessn. 马具,系在身上的绳子,甲胄,安全带 vt. 束以马
  • ironyn. 反讽,讽剌,讽剌之事
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • liableadj. 有义务的,应负责的,有 ... 倾向
  • operan. 歌剧 n. 挪威Opera软件公司的浏览器软件
  • incorporateadj. 合并的,公司组织的,具体化的 v. 合并,组成
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • humidityn. 湿度,湿气
  • mildewn. 霉病,发霉 v. (使)发霉,(使)生霉