《老友记》视听精讲第119课:不要"但是"
日期:2012-08-20 18:34

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Carol:It's not true. I never called your mother a wolverine.
这不是真的。我从没有叫过你妈狼獾。
Ross:You did so. I swear, I swear... How long has she been in the bathroom?
你叫过。我发誓,我发誓,她去洗手间多久了?
Carol:Uh, I don't think she's in the bathroom. Her coat is gone.
嗯,我想她不是去洗手间了,她的外套不在了。
Ross:Well maybe it's cold in there. Or maybe I screwed up the first date I had in 9 years.
嗯,也许那里很冷。或者,我把九年来的第一次约会给搞砸了。
Carol:That could be it.
可能吧。
Ross:Oh, god. You know, this is still pretty hot.
哦,天哪。你知道么,这里还是很烫的。
Carol:Mushroom.. Smile. They won't all be like this. Some women might even stay through dinner. Sorry, that's not funny.
蘑菇。笑一下。并不是所有约会都像这样的,有些女人会把晚餐吃完的。对不起,这并不可笑。
Ross:No, it's just...you know the whole "getting on with your life" thing. Well, do I have to? I mean, I'm sitting here with this cute woman, and, and, and she's perfectly nice, and, but that there's, that's it.And um, and then I'm here talking to you, and, and it's easy, and it's fun, and, and I don't, I don't have to...
不,这只是……人们老说要继续你的人生,我必须吗?我和这位美女坐在这儿,她是那么好,但就这么吹了。我现在又和你聊天,轻松又自在,我何必……
Carol:I know.
我知道。
Ross:You know?here's a wacky thought. Um, what's say you and I give it another shot? No no no, I know what you're gonna say, you're a lesbian.But what do you say we just put that aside for now you know? Let's just stick a pin in it, okay? Because, we're great together, you know. You can't deny it.I've got a ring at home that fits you. I've got lots of pictures with both of us in there.And best of all, you're carrying my baby. I mean, how perfect is that? But see, you know, you keep saying that, but there's something right here. I love you.
你知道?我有个疯狂的念头。我们再试一次好吗?我知道你要说你是个女同志。但何不暂时将它摆在一旁,完全不去想它,好吗?因为我们在一起很开心,这不容你否认。我有一个适合你的戒指。我有无数我俩一起的照片。最美妙的地方是,你又怀了我的孩子,这样不是很完美吗?虽然你一直回绝,但我仍然想对你说我爱你。
Carol:Oh, I love you too. But...
哦,我也爱你,但是……
Ross:No but, no but.
不要但是,不要但是。
Carol:You know that thing you put over here with the pin in it? It's time to take the pin out. You'll find someone, I know you will. The right woman is just waiting for you.
你知道,暂时放到一旁的事迟早会出现的。你会找到对象的,我知道你会的,合适的女人正在等着你。
Ross:That's easy for you to say, you found one already.
你说的倒轻巧,你已经找到好女人了。
Carol:All you need is a woman who likes men and you'll be set.
你只需找到爱男人的女人即可。
Carol:Not her.
不是她。

重点讲解
词汇回顾:

1. through: 从头到尾,在(整整一段时间)中

2. wacky: 荒诞的

3. best of all: 最好的

4. carry a baby: 怀孕

5. stick a pin: 按下一枚大头针,就像用大头针把什么东西固定住,也就是保持这个话题
stick: 插于 pin: 别针

词汇学习:

1.screw up: 搞乱

eg. That cute girl (or boy) won't eat you if you screw up this date.
那个可爱的女孩(男孩)又不会吃了你如果你搞砸了这次约会。

eg. The truth is that most people mean well, even if they screw up every now and then.
事实上,许多人都是好意,即便他们是不是地把事情办砸。

2.get on with: 继续(做某事)

eg. What should you do if you really cannot get on with your boss at work?
如果你在工作中实在无法和老板处好,你应该怎么办?

3.put aside: 暂不考虑

eg. Put aside this question for a moment.
这个问题先撇开不谈。

4.put over: 推迟

eg. You have to put over the project by the end of this year.
你必须在今年年底完成这项工程。

5.take out: 拿出,取出,拔出

eg. If you like what you see, why not take out a print subscription?
如果你喜欢你看到的内容,何不出一份打印费呢?

口语简单句:

1. That's it. 就这样。

2. You'll be set. 你就可以了,即可。

分享到
重点单词
  • mushroomn. 蘑菇,菌菇状物,暴发户 vi. 扩张,迅速增加,采
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧