(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Ross: So, uh, does it do anything, you know, special?
有没有什么特殊功能?
Chandler: Why yes Ross, pressing my third nipple opens the delivery entrance to the magical land of Narnia.
只要压我的第三个乳头,就会开启了仙境之门。
Julie: You know, in some cultures having a third nipple is actually a sign of virility. You get the best huts and women dance naked around you.
在有些文化中第三个乳头象霉了男性雄风。有最好的住所女人绕着你跳脱衣舞。
Chandler: Huh? Are, uh, any of these cultures, per chance, in the tristate area?
这些文化是否可能在美国中部?
Ross: You know, you are so amazing, is there anything you, you don't know?
你真是博学多间有什么是你不知道的?
Rachel: Ooh, Julie's so smart, Julie's so special.
Julie好聪明!Julie好特别!
Monica: Look honey, I wanted you to hook up with Ross as much as you did Ross. But he's with her now and you're just gonna have to get over it.
宝贝,我也希望你能与Ross复合。但现在她与他在一起,你必须忘了她。
Rachel: Ohh, I'm gonna have to get over it. God, see I didn't know that's I had to do, I just have to get over it.
哦,原来我必须忘了他。天啊,我不知道该怎么办,原来只要忘了他就好。
All: Woah.
哇。
Joey: Foxy lady.
性感的女士。
Julie: Where you going?
你要去哪里?
Phoebe: Um, I'm gonna go meet Duncan, he's skating tonight at the Garden, he's in the Capades.
我要去见Duncan,他参加了冰上剧团。
Joey: The Ice Capades?
白雪溜冰团吗?
Chandler: No, no the gravel capades. Yeah, the turns aren't as fast but when Snoopy falls... funny.
不,在柏油路上表演。转得不会很快,史努比跌倒时非常好笑。
Monica: I can't believe you're dressing up for him. I mean, you're just, you're setting yourself up all over again.
我不相信你竟然为他打扮,你又要重蹈覆辙了。
Phoebe: OK, no. For your information I'm going to see him so I can put all those feeling behind me. OK, and the reason I'm dressed like this is because I think it's nice to look nice for your gay husband.
好的,不是。我去看他就是为了能彻底忘了他。我这样打扮是因为……我要让我的同性恋丈夫有面子。
Ross: Oh, damn it, we're all out of milk. Hey Chandler, would you fill me up here?
该死,没牛奶了。
Chandler,能不能给我一点?
Chandler: Oh I see, I see, because of the third nipple thing. Ha ha ha ha...
我懂了,因为第三个乳头。
Ross: OK sweetie, I'll see you later.
甜心,待会见。
Julie: See you later Rach.
待会见,Rachel.
Rachel: Byebye Julie.
再见,Julie。
Rachel: Hey.
嘿。
Ross: Hey.
嘿。
Rachel: Hey, c'mon, cut it out.
嘿,够了,别闹了!
Ross: Hey?
嘿?
Rachel: What?
什么?
Ross: Can I ask you something?
我能问你一件事吗?
Rachel: Sure.
好啊。
Ross: Naa.
啊。
Rachel: What? C'mon, talk to me.
什么?对我说吧。
影片讲解
想不到Phoebe竟有个丈夫叫Duncan,此人是个同性恋,是Phoebe的加拿大朋友,她帮他拿美国绿卡所以结婚。Phoebe从始至终一直暗恋他。六年过去了,他却回来说要离婚。原来他并非同志,现在爱上了别的女人,要重新结婚。Phoebe的地下婚姻的曝光成了导火索,其余人的秘密相继暴露。
划红精讲
背景介绍:
1. Narnia: Chandler被发现有第三个乳头。Ross好奇地问,那你这个多出来的乳头有没有什么特别的功能。又气又急的Chandler反讽说:“按一下我的第三个乳头,就会打开通往纳尼亚(Narnia)神异王国的通道。”纳尼亚是西方著名的儿童魔幻小说,描述了四个小孩经由衣橱到达神奇的纳尼亚王国的故事。
2. tristate area: 三洲地区,即纽约州,新泽西州和康涅狄格州。上述三州现为美国东部最具购买力和强劲发展的经济区域。
3. Ice Capades: 白雪溜冰团,美国著名的冰上舞蹈表演团体
4. Snoopy: 史努比一只和善、憨直,喜欢做白日梦的卡通小猎犬
5. per chance=by chance: 或许,可能
6. set somebody up: 是设计,陷害某人的意思,set yourself up这里是说Monica怕Phoebe又陷入对Duncan的感情,不能自拔,也可以说是把自己有赔进去了
短语精讲:
1. hook up with: 用钩钩住,与……恋爱
eg. As I was saying, Virgos are friendly and like to hook up with people.
就像我所说的,处女座很友善,喜于和其他人混在一起。
eg. For Fat Cap I didn't have any desire to hook up with Adidas. I just wanted the flavor of that classic shoe.
我没想要和阿迪达斯合作,我只是喜欢那双经典运动鞋的风格。
2. as much as: 差不多,尽……那么多
eg. We want to succeed and do well just as much as you want us to.
我们想要获得成功,我们想要尽量表现得好就像你想要的那样。
3. get over: 熬过,忘却(感情)
eg. It is the best way to let out your emotions and get over the death.
因为这是释放你的感情和克服亲人死亡带来痛苦的最好方法。
4. dress up: 盛装打扮
eg. She may not be royalty but she does get to dress up as the queen of Naboo.
她可能不是皇室但是她确实打扮的像纳布女皇。
eg. Use garnishes to dress up your meal and add the finishing touches.
用一些配菜来把你的佳肴装饰一番,再加上一些最后的润色。
5. for your information: 仅供参考,告诉你好了
eg. I'm perfectly able to look after myself,for your information.
我完全能够照顾自己,特此奉告。
6. cut it out: 够了,省省吧
eg. Cut it out. Stop fucking around and go for a job. That is your most important thing.
省省吧。别再胡闹了,去找个工作吧。这才是你最重要的事。