《老友记》视听精讲第215期:把奶瓶给我 把毛巾给我
日期:2013-02-22 11:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: Hi, who's this? Hi, Joanne. Is Rachel working? It's Monica. Yes, I know I did a horrible thing. Joanne, it's not as simple as all that, ok? No, I don't care what Steve thinks. Hi, Steve.
嗨,哪一位?嗨,Joanne,Rachel在吗?我是Monica。是,我知道我做了很糟糕的事。Joanna,事情远远没这么简单。我才不在乎Steve怎么想。嗨,Steve。
Carol: How did we do?
我们最近如何?
Phoebe: Oh, I tasted Ben's milk, and Ross freaked out.
我尝了Ben的奶水,Ross发癫了。
Ross: I did not freak out.
我没有发癫。
Carol: Why'd you freak out?
你为什么发癫?
Ross: Because it's breast milk. It's gross.
因为那是母乳。很恶心。
Carol: My breast milk is gross?
我的奶水很恶心?
Susan: This should be fun.
这会很好玩。
Ross: No, no, Carol. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't think breast milk is for adults.
不,不,Carol。这没什么不对。我只是不认为母乳是给大人喝的。
Chandler: Of course the packaging does appeal to grownups and kids alike.
当然母乳的包装确实很吸引大人与小孩。
Carol: Ross, you're being silly. I've tried it, it's no big deal. Just taste it.
Ross,别傻了,我试过,没什么,你尝一尝。
Ross: That would be no.
不行。
Phoebe: Come on. It doesn't taste bad.
来嘛。又不难吃。
Joey: Yeah, it's kinda sweet, sort of like, uh—
对,有一点甜,很像,嗯——
Susan: Cantaloupe juice.
哈密瓜汁。
Joey: Exactly.
一点没错。
Ross: You have tasted it? You've tasted it.
你尝过了喔,你尝过了。
Susan: Uh huh.
嗯哼。
Ross: Oh, you've tasted it.
喔,你尝过了。
Susan: You can keep saying it, but it won't stop being true.
你完全可以一直这样说,但它永远不会变成假话。
Ross: Give me the bottle. Give me the towel.
把奶瓶给我。把毛巾给我。

影片简介

Carol给本喂奶,Joey和Chandler赶紧回避。Phoebe为确认奶水的温度,尝了尝奶瓶里的母乳,Ross反应强烈,成人怎么可以喝人奶呢?Julie邀人购物,Phoebe怕得罪Rachel,借故推脱,Monica为表示友善答应同去:虽然偷偷摸摸,但却欲盖弥彰,Rachel最终发现真相,感觉自己被背叛。两人的争吵听来仿佛Monica有了“外遇”。

划红精讲

1. it's not as simple as all that: 事情远远没有那么简单 as: [表示比较]像……一样

2. freak out: 使处于极度兴奋中;崩溃

eg. So you're super busy, totally tired, and ready to freak out.
你的工作异常忙碌,你觉得很累,快要崩溃了。

eg. Going to a funeral naturally makes you freak out about your future.
参加葬礼一般都会让你对未来感到崩溃。

3. appeal to:

(1) 诉诸;求助于:

eg. We appealed to reason to win our argument.
我们靠诉诸于理性赢得了辩论。

(2) 请求;要求;呼吁:

eg. The company is appealing to everyone to save power and water.
公司正呼吁大家节约水电。

(3) 向……上诉:

to appeal to a higher court
向上一级法院上诉

(4) 有吸引力,有感染力;引起……好感;(某人)认为好:

eg. He doesn't appeal to her.
她并不喜欢他。

分享到
重点单词
  • appealn. 恳求,上诉,吸引力 n. 诉诸裁决 v. 求助,诉
  • appealingadj. 引起兴趣的,动人的