(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
RACHEL: Here. I thought you might be cold.
来,我想你可能会冷。
PHOEBE: Thank you.
谢谢。
RACHEL: Whoa, look at you, you did pretty well.
看看你,干得不错嘛。
PHOEBE: Eight dollars and 27 cents. But not really, 'cause I put in the first two,
这里一共是八块又二十七分。
just to, you know, get the ball rolling, and to make myself feel better.
其实没那么多啦,头两块是我放的。只是让钱滚滚来还有让自己舒服一点。
RACHEL: Do you?
结果呢?
PHOEBE: No. This whole like playing-for-money thing is so not good for me.
为了钱演奏这码子事对我非常的不好。
You know, I don't know, when I sang "Su-Su-Suicide", I got a dollar seventy-five.
我不知道当我唱到”自杀”,我得到一块七十五分钱。
But then, "Smelly Cat", I got 25 cents and a condom.
可是”臭臭猫”呢?十五分钱跟一个保险套。
So you know, now I just feel really bad for Smelly Cat.
所以现在我为”臭臭猫”感到很难过
RACHEL: Well, you know, honey, I don't think everybody gets Smelly Cat.
我不认为大家都会懂”臭臭猫”啊。
You know, I mean, if all you've ever actually had are healthy pets, then, whoosh!
我是说如果你只要养过健康的猫的话。
PHOEBE: It's not even that. I used to do my songs because it made me happy,
可是根本就不是那个嘛。本来我唱歌只是因为我很高兴,
but now it's like, it's just all about the money.
可是现在却变成全都是为了钱
影视精讲
![[圣城家园][老友记][中英双字幕]壁纸011.jpg](http://pic.kekenet.com/2013/0407/56671365305692.jpg)
菲比丢了工作,中央咖啡馆的泰瑞经理找来职业歌手史蒂芬尼驻唱,取代了菲比的位置。 瑞秋点唱菲比的臭臭猫来安慰她。 菲比到街边卖唱。
1. get the ball rolling: 开展新的活动
eg. She was anxious to get the ball rolling.
她急着开始谈起话来。
2. feel really bad for: 感到难过
eg. Honey, I feel really bad for giving a piece of my mind to Henry.
老婆,为了我给亨利一顿排头使我真的感到很不安 。
3. condom: 避孕套
eg. Open the package carefully, so that you do not tear the condom.
仔细打开,以免安全套破损 。
