《老友记》视听精讲第557期:谛笑皆非的文化碰撞
日期:2015-04-14 19:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


The Waltham residence.
华森公馆
Is this Emily's parents' house?
是艾蜜莉的父母家吗?
This is the housekeeper speaking.
我是管家
And,by the way,that is not how one addresses a person on the telephone.
还有,小姐 讲电话不能这样讲
First one identifies oneself...
先表明身份
and then asks for the person with whom one wishes to speak.
再请你想找的人过来
What are you saying?
你在说什么?
Now,let us try that again,shall we?
我们重来一次
No!
不!
Oh,my God!
天哪
The Waltham residence. -Hello.
华森公馆
This is Phoebe Buffay. I was wondering,please...
我是菲比布非,我是想麻烦你
if it's not too much trouble,please...might I speak with Miss Emily Waltham,please?
如果不是很麻烦的话,我能和艾蜜莉华森小姐通话吗
Miss Waltham is at the rehearsal dinner.
华森小姐去排练餐会了
And it is not polite to make fun of people. Goodbye.
嘲弄别人的口音是不礼貌的 再见
I'll be nice,I swear. Could you just give me the number for where they are?
不!我会有礼貌,我发誓 可以把现场的电话给我吗?
I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.
我恐怕没有权利泄露这项讯息
Somebody is on their way to ruin the wedding,and I have to warn somebody.
有人正要去破坏婚礼 我得警告他们
So if you don't give me that number, I'm gonna come over there... and I'm gonna kick your snooty ass all the way to New Gloukenshire!
你不给我号码,我就杀到伦敦,把你一脚踹到新咕噜肯夏去
Hello? Hello?
在么?在么?
She knew I could kick her ass.
她知道我说到做到

影视精讲


by the way 顺便说; 顺便问一下
Love to Bob, by the way.
请便代向鲍勃问好。
By the way, do you live with your parents or have a place of your own?
顺便问一句,你是同父母一起生活还是自己生活?

make fun of 开玩笑,捉弄
That will teach him a lesson! It doesn't pay to make fun of the Law, my man!
那会给他一个教训!与法律开玩笑绝不会有好下场,我的老弟。
Don't make fun of the poor boy.
不要取笑那个可怜的孩子。

at liberty 自由; 随意
I am afraid that I am not at liberty to discuss this matter.
对不起,我无权讨论这个问题。
You're at liberty to say what you like.
你尽可畅所欲言。

分享到