(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
Umm, Joanna? I wanna talk about that interview.
呣, Joanna?我想跟你谈谈那个面试。
I thought it went very well.
我想那个面试不错呀。
No! It didn’t! That’s what I want to talk to you about. (Starts to break up)
不,它很差!那正是我想跟你说的。
Now, just to brief you… (starts to cry) I may cry, but they are not tears of sadness or ofanger,
现在,简单点说。。。我要哭了,并不因为伤心和生气,
but just of me having this discussion with you.
只因为我要跟你继续下面的谈话
Rachel, please, doesn’t make a scene.
Rachel,请不要这样。
There’s nobody here!
这儿没其他人!
Sophie, get in here! (Sophie enters) You see! Now you’re making Sophie uncomfortable!
Sophie,进来!你看!现在你弄得Sophie不快乐!
She’s not making me uncomfortable.
她没有让我不快乐。
Congratulations! You now just crossed the line into completely useless. Get out.
恭喜!你总算有点作用了。出去!
Do you want me to quit?
你是要我辞职么?
What?! What would make you think that?
什么?!你怎么会这么想?
Well of those things that you said in the interview, I mean if you believe any ofthem,
那些你在面试时说的话。如果其中有任何一件你确是如此认为的话,
I must not be a very good assistant. Y’know what?
那我都不是一个好助理。你知道么?
I am just gonna pack up my desk, and I will be gone by the end of the day!
我正在整理我的桌子,而且今天之后我就不再在这里了!
Well, I guess there’s no use to me sticking around ‘til theend of the day!
现在,我想我没有必要继续赖在这里直到今天结束了。
Wait-wait-wait-wait! You can put your sad little muffin back in its drawer.
等等-等等!你可以把那些糟糕的小松饼放回抽屉。
If you must know the truth, I didn’t want to lose a perfectly good assistant.
假如你要知道那真相,我不想失去个好助理
What?
什么?
That’s why I said all those things about your flirting and you’re drinking…
这就是为什么我说你轻浮和酗酒…
My drinking?
我酗酒?
Oh, I must’ve said that after you left.
哦,那我一定是在你离开后说的。
Said what? Exactly.
到底你说了什么?
That you enjoyed the occasional drink…ing binge.
你时不时的喜欢酗酒…然后狂欢
Oh my God!! Ohh that is it! I’m leaving! You are just a horrible person!
噢,天!!我得离开这!!你可太可怕!
Wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait!!
不要-不要。。等等-等等!!
If you’re gonna get all sensitive about it! I don’t want to lose you.
如果你真的在意这个职位的话…我不想失去你。
What if I, create a position for you? I’ll make you an assistant buyer in this department.
如果我给你创造这么个职位怎样?我会让你在这部门里当个助理采购员。
Say more things like that.
说更多的来听听。
You can have your own office, and a raise! Effective tomorrow.
给你升职,让你有自己独立的办公室!从明天开始。
I’d need an expense account.
我还要公费报销单。
Done!
成交!
影视精讲
break up: 崩溃
Her coalition would probably break up.
她的联盟很可能会分裂。
Holding euro-denominated assets also incurs the long-term risk that the single currency may one day break up.
持有欧元计价资产还会带来长期风险,因为欧元也许某一天就会崩溃。
make a scene: 吵架
Let's not make a scene.
我们不要大闹一场。
Why did you make a scene in the restaurant?
你为什么在餐馆里大吵大闹?
pack up: 把…打包
Please pack up early today.why? What's special about today?
今天请早点整理为什么?今天有什么特别的吗?
stick around:逗留
They would stick around longer than many think.
他们留在英国的时间可能要比人们想象的要长一些。
Why do you stick around?
为什么你还跟着我?