《老友记》视听精讲第200期:我就不做出这种疯狂事
日期:2013-01-25 11:47

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Joey: It was amazing! And not just for her... uhuh. For me, too. It's like, all of a sudden, I'm blind. But all my other senses are heightened, you know? It's like... I was able to appreciate it onanother level.
这简直是太神奇了,而且不只是对她,对我也一样,我就好像突然失明。但其他的感官却更加的敏感,好像我达到更高的境界。
Chandler: I didn't know you had another level.
我不知道你还有更高的境界。
Joey: I know! Neither did I!
我懂,我自己也不知道!
Chandler: Is something going on with the O.J.?
现在O.J.有活动吗?
Monica: Hey, great skirt Birthday present?
漂亮的裙子,生日礼物?
Rachel: Yeah.
是的。
Monica: Oh, from who?
谁送的?
Rachel: From you. I exchanged the blouse you got me.
你送的,我把你送的衬衫改成的。
Monica: Well, it's the thought. Hey, doesn't Ross's flight get in in a couple hours? At gate 27B?
真聪明,Ross的飞机不是再过几小时就要抵达了?27B出口?
Rachel: Uh, yeah. Uh, Monica, you know, honey, I've been thinking about it and I've decided this—this whole Ross thing, it's just not a good idea.
好的,Monica,我一直在想,我虽决定和Ross在一起,但这样或许不好。
Monica: Oh, why?
为什么?
Rachel: Because, I feel like I wouldn't just be going out with him. I would be going out with all of you. Oh, and there would just be all this pressure, and I don't wanna...
因为我感觉我不只是和他出去,而是和你们大家一起出去。因为压力,我不想……
Monica: No, no, no, no, no, no pressure, no pressure!
不,不,不,没有压力,没有压力!
Rachel: Monica, nothing has even happened yet, and you're already so...
Monica,八字都还没一撇,你就……
Monica: I am not 'so'! OK, I was a teensy bit weird at first, but... I'll be good. I promise.
我没有,开始我也觉得有点奇怪,但我没事的,我保证。
Rachel: Who is it?
谁啊?
Intercom: It's me, Carl.
是我,Carl。
Rachel: Come on up.
上来!
Monica: Behind my brother's back? ... is exactly the kind of crazy thing you won't be hearing from me.
背着我哥?我就不做出这种疯狂事。
Joey: Seven hundred bucks!
700块!
Chandler: Alright, you did it! Do we have any fruit?
好样的,你办到了!我们有水果可以吃吗?
Joey: Man, hell of a two weeks, huh? You know what, though? I really feel like I learned something.
折腾了两星期,但我感觉自己学到了一些东西。
Chandler: Really? So, you're gonna stick with this 'it's all for her' thing?
真的?这么说你将继续“牺牲自己成全她人”?
Joey: What, are you crazy? When a blind man gets his sight back, does he walk around like this?
你疯了不成,瞎子重见光明后会这样走路吗?

影片简介

Joey为赚钱去捐精,但当他和新女友——一个果篮制造商——日益情浓,事情变得有点麻烦。大家一起烧烤为Rachel庆祝生日,Ross刚放下生日礼物就急着上路,他说要远赴中国为博物馆取回一块至关重要的(恐龙)头骨。后来,当Rachel 拆开礼物时,Chandler不经意地泄露出Ross 对她的爱慕之情。Rachel立刻奔向机场想截住Ross,“我得和他当面谈谈”,却错过了。Ross离开之后,她内心激烈交战。

划红精讲

1. all of a sudden: 突然地,出乎意料地

eg. All of a sudden it will feel as though your days are almost empty.
某一刻你会忽然感到好像你的每一天都几乎是空空的。

eg. All of a sudden, I want to tell you about some things I do value and why.
突然之间,我想告诉你一些我确实重视的东西,以及重视它们的原因。

2. be able to: 有能力(或办法、机会)做某事

eg. I know someone who should be able to fix you up.
我知道有个人能提供你所需要的东西。

eg. Manufacturers must be able to juggle demands of all kinds.
制造商必须能够应付各种需求。

3. stick with: 坚持做,继续做

eg. It's easy to do anything if you stick with it.
如果你能坚持去做一件事,那么,就没有做不成的事。(或:持之以恒,必定成功。)

eg. But if the tool works well, then stick with it.
但如果工具适用,那么就应该坚持用下去。

分享到
重点单词
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • blousen. 女衬衫
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压