(单词翻译:单击)
双语剧本Rachel: Chandler, what are you doing?
你在干吗?
Monica: (pulling him up) Hey. What are you doing?
(把他拉了起来)嗨,你干吗?
(Chandler tries to shrug nonchalantly buteventuallyhe has toexhale a mouthful ofsmoke.)
All: Oh! Oh,gross!
噢,噢,天啊!真恶劣!
Ross: What is this?!
这是什么?
Chandler: I'm smoking. I'm smoking, I'm smoking.
我在抽烟。我在抽烟。我在抽烟。
Phoebe: Oh, I can't believe you! You've been so good, for three years!
真不敢相信,你三年来一直表现很好。
Chandler: And this is myreward!
所以,这是我的奖励!
Ross:Hold on a second, alright? Just think about what you went through the last time youquit.
等等,好好想想你上次戒烟后是怎么熬过来的。
Forget about you, think about what we went through last time you quit.
就算忘了你自己,至少想想我们怎么过来的。
Chandler: Okay, so this timeI won't quit!
所以,这次我不再戒了!
All: Ohhh!Put it out!
噢,灭了它。
Chandler: All right! I'm putting it out, I'm putting it out. (He drops it in Phoebe's coffee.)
好吧!我灭了就是了。
Phoebe: Oh, no! I I can't drink this now!
噢,不!我,我现在喝不成了!
Monica: Alright. I'm gonna go change, I've got a date.
好了,我要去换身行头,有个约会。
Rachel: This Alan again? How's it going?
还是那个Alan?进展的怎么样了?
Monica: It’s going pretty good, you know? It's nice, and, we're having fun.
一切顺利,很不错,我们在一起很开心。
Joey: So when do we get to meet the guy?
那什么带回来让我们认识认识?
Monica: Let's see, today's Monday... Never.
我想想,今天星期一…永远不。
All: Oh, come on! Come on!
噢,拜托!
Monica: No. Not after what happened with Steve.
不,从Steve那次后,就再无可能了。
Chandler: What are you talking about?We love Schhteve! Schhteve was schhexy!..Sorry.
你在说什么?我们都爱Schhteve,Schhteve很性感!抱歉。
Monica: Look, I don't even know how I feel about him yet. Just give me a chance tofigure that out.
各位,我连自己对他有什么感觉都还不知道,给我点时间想清楚。
Rachel: Well, then can we meet him?
这么说我们能见见他了?
Monica:Nope.Schhorry.
不。抱——歉!
讲解注释nonchalantly:不激动地,冷淡地
eventually:最后,终于
It was a long journey, but we eventually arrived.
旅程很长,但我们最后还是到达了。
Eventually the fire was under control.
火势终于被控制住了。
exhale:呼出,呼气
a mouthful of:一口
gorss:恶劣,恶心的
He made a gross mistake but refused to admit it.
他犯了严重的错误却不肯承认。
His gross words and behaviors always irritate his classmates.
他的言行很令人讨厌,总是会使他的同学大为光火。
reward:奖赏,奖励
hold on:等一等,停一下,抓住, 继续, 坚持, 忍受, (打电话时用语)别挂断
They managed to hold on until help arrived.
他们设法坚持住直到有救援到来。
Hold on,please. I'll see if he's in his office.
请别挂断,我去看看他是否在办公室。
Hold on a minute while I get my breath back.
停一停,让我喘口气。
quit:放弃
put out:
1. 伸出
It's dangerous to put out your hand now.
现在你把手伸出去是危险的。
2. 熄灭
Put out the fire before going to bed.
睡觉之前先熄掉炉火。
3. 出版
4. 使不方便,打扰
Her parents felt put out when she brought some classmates to stay over.
她带一些同学回家过夜,她父母觉得不方便。
We felt put out by the guest's incessant requests.
客人不断的要求令我们觉得受打扰。
We love Schhteve! Schhteve was schhexy!
【monica之前在perk里谈到她前一个男友总被他们嘲笑,原因就是那个男的说话舌头不直,Chandler还学他说:“We love Schhteve! Schhteve was schhexy!”这次alan见面也开玩笑学着说“schho much ”,所以大家都笑了。】
figure out: 弄清楚,想清楚,弄明白【口语高频词组】
支持范例
1. I can't figure out the rules of football.
我不懂足球的规则。
2. I can't figure out how to break the news to them.
我想不出怎么把这事跟他们说。
3. I can't figure out what color to paint the house.
我想不出用什么颜色刷这房子。
会话记忆
A: Hurry up. We're going to be late.
快点!我们要迟到了。
B: I am hurrying.
我已经很快了。
A: What are you doing?
你在做什么啊?
B: I can't figure out which dress to wear.
我不知道该穿哪件衣服
nope: [口语][表示否定的回答]不,不是
翻译练习我们终于到达了目的地。
火很快就被熄灭了。
从他那粗俗的语言可以看出,这个人没受过教育。
我琢磨不透他为什么要辞掉工作。
参考答案We eventually arrived at our destination.
我们终于到达了目的地。
The fire was put out soon.
火很快就被熄灭了。
You can tell from his gross language that the man was uneducated.
从他那粗俗的语言可以看出,这个人没受过教育。
I can't figure out why he quit his job.
我琢磨不透他为什么要辞掉工作。