《老友记》视听精讲第58期:看到一个美女
日期:2012-02-24 15:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

[Scene: The Theater, the play has ended and everyone is applauding. As soon as the cast leaves, the gang all groan and sit down heavily.]

Rachel: God. I feel violated.
天呐。我觉得被亵渎了。

Monica: Did anybody else feel they just wanted to peel the skin off their body, to have something else to do?
是不是还有其他人觉得如果有别的什么事可做的话,那就是只想剥自己的皮了?

Chandler: (staring at a woman across the room) Ross, ten o'clock.
Ross,十点钟。

Ross: Is it? Feels like two.
是吗?好像是两点钟吧。

Chandler: No, ten o'clock.
不,十点钟方向。

Ross: What?
什么?

Chandler: (sighs and gestures to explain) There's a beautiful woman at eight, nine, ten o'clock!
有个美女在八、九、十点钟方向!

Ross: Oh. Hello!
哦,嗨!

Chandler: She's amazing! She makes the women that I dream about look like short, fat, bald men!
她太迷人了!和她比起来我的梦中情人就像是又矮又肥的秃顶男人!

Monica: Well, go over to her! She's not with anyone.
好吧,去找她吧!她旁边没人。

Chandler: Oh yeah, and what would my opening line be? 'Excuse me. Blarrglarrghh.'
哦,对,那我的开场白会是什么?‘打扰了。呃啊……’

Rachel: Oh, c'mon. She's a person, you can do it!
哦,别这样。她只是个人,你能做到的!

Chandler: Oh please, could she be more out of my league? Ross, back me up here.
哦拜托,她还有让我更配不上她的地方吗? Ross,支持我一下。

Ross: He could never get a woman like that in a million years.
他一百万年也休想得到这样的女人。

Chandler: Thank you, buddy.
谢了,兄弟。

Phoebe: Oh, oh, but y'know, you always see these really beautiful women with these really nothing guys, you could be one of those guys.
哦,哦,但你要知道,总能看到那些真正的美女和一些真不怎么样的男的在一起,你也可以成为那些男的中的一个。

Monica: You could do that!
你能做到!

Chandler: Y'think?
你们这么认为?

All: Yeah! Absolutely!
对!是的!

Chandler: Oh God, I can't believe I'm even considering this... I'm very very aware of my tongue...
哦天,我都不敢相信我居然会想这个……我非常非常清楚自己的语气……

Ross: C'mon! C'mon!
加油!加油!

Chandler: Here goes.
我去了。

重点讲解

violate: v. 侵犯,违反
Don't violate other people's copyright.
不要侵犯他人版权。
I'm committed not to violate the rules.
我有义务不违反规定。

关于几点钟方向:  

假设自己站在表盘的中心,  
假如我现在站在你正右方,这时就说我站在你的三点钟方向。
假如我现在站在你正左方,这时就说我站在你的九点钟方向。
假如我站在你的正前方,就说我站在你的十二点或零点方向。
假如我正好站在你后面,就说我在你六点方向。

dream about:梦见,梦想
He often dreams about his days in the countryside.
他常梦见在乡下的那些日子。
I dreamed about you last night.昨晚我梦见你了。
I dreamt about flying last night.昨夜我梦见我在飞翔。

go over: 走过去,检查,复习,越过
Let's just go over these figures again.
我们再检查一下这些数字吧。
Tom went over the text before the exam.
汤姆考试前复习课文。
Don't go over that line or your throw won't count.
别越过那条线,否则你的投掷就会被判无效。

be out of one's league: 配不上

out of someone’s league从字面上理解是不是某人的联盟和圈子。当用于形容人时,表示一人高攀不上另一个人;当有些事情out of your league时,表示这件事情你无法处理,或者不是在你的职责范围内。

Examples:

He was so good-looking and so popular that I felt he was a little out of my league.
他长得又好,又受欢迎,我恐怕我高攀不起。

Those questions are unfortunately out of my league.I can contact someone higher up and have them call you as soon as they are able.Is that acceptable to you? 这些问题并不在我的职责范围内。我可以联系更高职位的人,让他们与您取得联系。您看可以接受吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • groan呻吟
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • castv. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目
  • peeln. 果皮 vt. 削皮,剥落 vi. 脱皮,脱衣服,脱
  • committedadj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的
  • acceptableadj. 合意的,受欢迎的,可接受的
  • violatevt. 违犯,亵渎,干扰,侵犯,强奸
  • copyrightn. 版权,著作权 adj. 版权的