《老友记》视听精讲第251期:他真的是我爸爸吗?
日期:2013-04-16 18:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

GRANDMOTHER: Hi, Phoe.
丫头。
PHOEBE: Hi Gram. Whatcha doin'?
奶奶,你在干嘛?
GRANDMOTHER: Oh, just updating the phonebook.
我在改电话簿。
PHOEBE: Um, gram, um, can I see the pictures of my dad again?
奶奶?我可以再看一次我爸的照片吗?
GRANDMOTHER: Oh. Oh, sure, sure, uh, uh, how come?
当然,当然了,为什么?
PHOEBE: Just, you know, to see... um.
我只是突然想看一看。
GRANDMOTHER: Oh, sure, yeah. This is the one of you father in a meadow, and, uh, helping a little boy fly a kite, and here he is at a graduation. . . another graduation. . . another graduation.
好,来。这是你爸站在草地上的照片。他…帮一个小男孩放风筝。这一张是他的毕业典礼,再一张的毕业典礼。
PHOEBE: OK, is this really my father?
他真的是我爸爸吗?
GRANDMOTHER: Is it really your fa--I can't... well of course it is.
他真的是你爸…?天哪,他当然是。
PHOEBE: OK, I smell smoke. Maybe that's 'cause someone's pants are on fire.
我看这很有问题或许有人在说谎。
PHOEBE: Ya know, in all the years that we have been grandmother and granddaughter, you have never lied to me.
我们两个当祖孙这么多年了……你从没有对我撒过谎。
GRANDMOTHER: Alright, that is not your father, that's just a picture of a guy in a frame.
好吧,他不是你爸爸他只是一个相框里的男人。
PHOEBE: Oh God.
天啊。
GRANDMOTHER: It was your mother's idea. Ya know, she didn't want you to know your real father because it hurt her so much when he left, and, I didn't want to go along with it, but, well then she died and, and it was harder to argue with her. Not impossible, but harder.
那是你妈的主意。她不想让你知道谁是你爸……因为他的离去让你妈很伤心,我本来也不想跟着她骗你,可是她死了那样跟她争辩就太难了,不是不可能,只是更难。

影视精讲


菲比发现她对生父的了解(甚至连照片)都全是谎言。

1. pants are on fire 撒谎
eg. Liar! Liar! Your pants are on fire!
可能有些人在撒谎

2. go along with v.赞同
eg. I can' t go along with you on that point.
在那一点上我无法同意你的意见.

3. update the phonebook 更新电话簿
eg. It is a good habit to update the phonebook from time to time.
每隔一段时间就更新电话簿是个好习惯。

分享到
重点单词
  • meadown. 草地,牧场
  • updatev. 更新,补充最新资料 n. 更新
  • framen. 框,结构,骨架 v. 构成,把 ... 框起来,陷
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的