(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Ross: I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, "supposedly" by accident.
我不知道它在考验我还是在发泄情绪,我的猴子已失去控制。它不断消除我答录机上的留言,应该是个意外。
Rachel: No, yeah, I've done that.
哦,是的,我做过这种事。
Ross: And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did, and peed all over the crossword.
它连续三天在我看报纸前,在猜字游戏上尿尿。
Rachel: I've never done that.
这我没做过。
Ross: Last night,I don't know what he did but there were capers everywhere!
昨晚,我不知道他做了什么,他到处蹦来蹦去!
Chandler: All right, now look at her and tell me she doesn't look exactly like her sister.
看着她,告诉我她和她姐长得不一样。
Joey: I'm saying I see a difference.
我看到不同之处。
Chandler: They're twins!
她们是双胞胎。
Joey: I don't care. Phoebe's Phoebe. Ursula's... hot!
我不管,Phoebe是Phoebe。Ursula很火辣。
Chandler: You know that thing, when you and I talk to each other about things?
我们不是常谈论事情吗?
Joey: Yeah.
当然。
Chandler: Let's not do that anymore.
咱们别再干那事了。
All: Hey guys! Hey!
嗨,大家好!
Joey: Hey Phoebe, guess who we saw today.
嗨,Phoebe,猜我们今天遇见谁?
Phoebe: Ooh, ooh, fun! Okay... um, Liam Neeson.
哦!有趣!嗯……Liam Neeson。
Joey: Nope.
不是。
Phoebe: Morly Safer.
Morly Safer。
Joey: Nope.
不是。
Phoebe: The woman who cuts my hair!
剪我头发的女人。
Monica: Okay, look, this could be a really long game.
你们到底要猜多久?
Chandler: Your sister Ursula.
你姐姐Ursula。
Phoebe: Oh, really.
哦,真的。
Chandler: Yeah, yeah, she works over at that place, uh...
她在那儿工作……
Phoebe: Rift's. Yeah, I know.
Rift餐厅,我知道。
Chandler: Oh, you do? Because she said you guys haven't talked in like years.
你知道?因为她说你们已多年不说话。
Phoebe: Hmmm? Yeah. So, um, is she fat?
嗯,她胖吗?
Joey: Not from where I was standing.
从我站的角度一点也不。
Phoebe: Where were you standing?
你从什么角度?
Rachel: Um, Phoebe, so, you guys just don't get along?
Phoebe,你们合不来?
Phoebe: It's mostly just dumb sister stuff, you know, I mean, like, everyone always thought of her as the pretty one, you know.Oh, oh, she was the first one to start walking, even though I did it... later that same day. But, to my parents, by then it was like "yeah, right, well what else is new?"
这只是姐妹之间的事,大家都认为她是漂亮的一个。她先学会走路,虽然我是在当天稍后学会的,对我爸妈而言那已经不新鲜了。
Ross: Oh, Phoebe, I'm sorry, I've got to go. I've got Lamaze class.
Phoebe,抱歉,我得走了,我得去参加心理助产班。
Chandler: Oh, and I've got Earth Science, but I'll catch you in gym.
我得去参加地球科学班,健身房见了。
Rachel: So, is this just gonna be you and Carol?
你和Carol两人去。
Ross: No, Susan's gonna be there too. We've got dads, we've got lesbians, the whole parenting team.
不,Susan也要去,那有爸爸,女同志…全部的父母都会到。
Rachel: Well, isn't, isn't that gonna be weird?
这样不是会很奇怪?
Ross: No, no. I mean, it might been at first, but by now I think I'm pretty comfortable with the whole situation.
不会的,一开始或许会。但现在我已坦然面对。
Monica: Ross, that's my jacket.
Ross,那是我的外套。
Ross: I know.
我知道。
重点讲解
背景词汇:
Lamaze: <医>无痛分娩法的,心理助产法的
act out: [心理学] (将受压抑的情绪)无意识地表现出来
Liam Neeson: 利亚姆·内森,主演《辛德勒的名单》和《星球大战前传之魅影危机》的著名演员
Morly Safer: 莫利·塞弗,美国《六十分钟》电视节目的著名记者。
词组学习:
1. out of control: 不受控制
eg. The pressure increase out of control was at the bottom of the explosion.
失去控制的气压增长是这一爆炸的根本原因。
2. by accident: 意外
eg. I am an American, not by accident of birth but by choice.
我是一个美国人,不是偶然而是被选择出生在这里。
重点词语:
1. erase: 取消,清除
eg. You can erase pencil marks with a rubber.
你可以用橡皮擦掉铅笔记号。
2. supposedly: 想像上,按照推测
eg. For this reason, prices can supposedly never go down.
出于这个原因,可以推测价格不会下降。
3. distractedly: 心烦意乱地
eg. Indeed I always distractedly fond of children.
我这人确实总是发疯地喜爱孩子。