《老友记》视听精讲第213期:称呼加强他的信仰
日期:2013-02-19 11:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Carol: Ok, and this is Funny Clown. Funny Clown is only for after his naps, not before his naps or he won't sleep.
这是滑稽小丑。只有睡过午觉才可以给他玩否则他会睡不着。
Ross: Carol, we've been through this before,ok? We have a good time. We laugh, we play. It's like we're father and son.
我之前带过他,我们玩得很高兴。我们又笑又玩就像父亲跟儿子一样。
Susan: Honey, relax. Ross is great with him. Don't look so surprised. I'm a lovely person.
放松,亲爱的。Ross很会带他。别这么惊讶。我是个很好的人。
Rachel: Oh, this is so cute.
哦,这个好可爱!
Susan: Oh, I got that for him.
哦,我为他买的。
Ross: My mommies love me. That's clever.
我的妈妈们爱我。真聪明。
Monica: Hello? Oh, Hi, Ju Hi, Jew! Uh huh? Uh huh? Ok. Um, sure, that'd be great. See you then. Bye.
哈喽?哦,犹太人!好的,可以,很好,待会见,拜。
Rachel: Did you just say Hi, Jew?
你刚才是不是说:嗨,犹太人?
Monica: Yes. Uh, yes, I did. That was my friend, Eddie Moskowitz. Yeah, he likes it. Reaffirms his faith.
对。是的,我是这么说的。那是我的朋友Eddie Moskowitz。是的,他很喜欢这称呼。能加强他的信仰。
Phoebe: Ben, dinner!
Ben,吃晚餐了。
Ross: Thanks Aunt Pheebs. Hey, you didn't microwave that,did you? because it's breast milk, and you're not supposed to do that.
谢谢Phoebe姑妈。嘿,你没有用微波炉吧,是吗?因为这是母乳,你不应该那么做。
Phoebe: Duh, I think I know how to heat breast milk. Ok.
我想我知道如何加热母乳。
Chandler: What did you just do?
你在干什么?
Phoebe: I licked my arm, what?
我舔了我的手臂,怎么样?
Ross: It's breast milk.
那是母乳。
Phoebe: So?
那又怎么样?
Rachel: Phoebe, that is juice squeezed from a person.
Phoebe,那是从另一个人身上挤出的汁。
Joey: What is the big deal?
有什么了不起?
Chandler: What did you just do?
你又在干什么?
Ross: Ok, would people stop drinking the breast milk?
大家能不能不要喝母乳?
Phoebe: You won't even taste it?
你连尝都不尝?
Ross: No!
不!
Phoebe: Not even if you just pretend that it's milk?
不能假装那是牛奶吗?
Ross: Not even if Carol's breast had a picture of a missing child on it.
就算卡萝的乳房贴了牛奶寻人启事都不行。

影片简介

Carol给本喂奶,Joey和Chandler赶紧回避。Phoebe为确认奶水的温度,尝了尝奶瓶里的母乳,Ross反应强烈,成人怎么可以喝人奶呢?Julie邀人购物,Phoebe怕得罪Rachel,借故推脱,Monica为表示友善答应同去:虽然偷偷摸摸,但却欲盖弥彰,Rachel最终发现真相,感觉自己被背叛。两人的争吵听来仿佛Monica有了“外遇”。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

Funny Clown: 美国JSNY公司出品的一种颜色靓丽的娃娃,又叫“给我穿衣服”小丑。Ross的前妻卡罗尔把孩子本托付给Ross照看,强调只能在午睡后才能给他玩“谐趣小丑”,否则本就不会睡觉。

短语学习:

1. be great with: 为某种感情所激动

be great with children 善于与孩子相处

eg. I have many sites, so it would be great with cheap upgrades.
我有很多网站,所以这将是非常廉价的升级。

2. breast milk: 母乳 breast: 乳房

eg. One of the main appeals of breastfeeding is the transferring of immunity from mother to baby via breast milk.
母乳喂养的好处之一是通过母乳母亲能把免疫力传递给婴儿。

3. be supposed to do: 应该做……

eg. Is not really good, is the man to be supposed to do, can take up can lay down.
实在不行,做男人该做的,拿得起放得下。

4. even if: 即使,虽然

eg. Britain is not just one country and one people; even if some of its inhabitants think so.
英国不只是一个国家和一个民族,即使是它的一些居民也都这样认为。

分享到
重点单词
  • immunityn. 免疫,免疫性,免除
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的