《老友记》视听精讲第271期:老爸生日我决定送他中风
日期:2013-05-15 13:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

JOEY: Wow, this is wild. What're you gonna get?
好狂野哦,你们要刺什么?
PHOEBE: Um, I'm getting a lily for my Mom. 'Cause her name's Lily.
我要刺一朵百合,因为我妈就叫百合。
CHANDLER: Wow, that's lucky. What if her name was Big Ugly Splotch?
真幸运她要是叫大污点怎么办?
JOEY: So where you gettin' it?
那你们要刺哪里?
PHOEBE: I think on my shoulder.
我想在我肩上。
ROSS: What? What's on your shoulder?
什么? 什么在你肩上?
PHOEBE: Um, a chip. A tattoo, I'm getting a tattoo.
碎屑啦。是刺青,我要去刺青啦。
ROSS: A tattoo? Why, why would you want to do that? Hi.
刺青?你为什么要那么做?
RACHEL: Hi. Well hey, you don't - you don't think they're kind of cool?
你不觉得那酷吗?
ROSS: No, sorry I don't. Tell me why would anyone pay someone to scar their body for life? What if it doesn't come out right. Phoebe? Then it's like, I don't know, havin' a bad hair cut all the time. Why's everyone staring at me?
不,抱歉,我不觉得.怎么会有人花钱去搞个一辈子的伤痕?万一要是刺得不好呢?那不是变成永远在”我头发剪丑了”吗?大家为什么都瞪着我?
MONICA: Ross, come sign this birthday card for dad. Rich is gonna be here any minute.
罗斯,过来签给爸的生日卡理查随时会到.
CHANDLER: Oooh, Rich is goin' to the party too, huh?
理查也要去参加派对?
MONICA: Well, he's my parents' best friend, he has to be there.
他是我父母最好的朋友他必须去。
JOEY: Oh, is today the day you're gonna tell them about you two?
那你打算今天告诉他们你们的事吗?
MONICA: Yeah. It's my dad's birthday, I decided to give him a stroke.
对,我爸的生日我决定送他中风。
PHOEBE: No, I think you should tell them.
不,你应该告诉他们。
MONICA: No, I don't even know how serious he is about me. Until I do, I'm not telling them anything.
我还不知道他对我有多认真在搞清楚之前,我什么也不说。
ROSS: I don't know, I don't think mom and dad would mind. Remember when you were 9 and Richard was 30, how dad used to say, 'God I hope they get together.'
我不知道,我想他们不会介意。记得你九岁理查三十岁的时,爸常说,”天啊真希望他们在一起”。

影视精讲


罗斯和莫妮卡去参加父亲的生日派对,理查是他父亲的好友,当然也出席。

1. not come out right 事情进展地不好
No matter how many times I go over the figures, they just do not come out right.
不管我计算多少次,数目都不对。

2. Splotch 大污点
a spot or mark (as of color or ink) especially when large or irregular

3. stroke 中风
Even if the physical symptoms of a stroke are obvious, brain imaging should be carried out in order to determine whether an ischaemic stroke or a haemorrhagic stroke has occurred.
即使中风症状有明显的物理,脑成像应进行,以确定是否发生缺血性中风或出血性中风的发生。

分享到
重点单词
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • scarn. 疤痕,伤痕,断崖 v. 结疤,使 ... 有伤痕,
  • determinev. 决定,决心,确定,测定
  • stroken. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风, v. 奉
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤