《老友记》视听精讲第195期:听不懂 Not following you.
日期:2013-01-18 18:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: You know, that guy she met at the coffeehouse.
她在咖啡屋认识的那个。
Ross: No.
不认识。
Phoebe: Oh, well, see, there's this guy she met at the...
这个人是她在……
Ross: At the coffeehouse, right.
在咖啡屋认识的。
Phoebe: So you do know who he is! Sorry.
这么说你知道他是谁!对不起。
Ross: OK, I'm gonna go say goodbye to the guys.
好吧,我要去跟他们道别。
Phoebe: Oh, hey, you know what? Tell them that bone story.
嗨,告诉他们骨头的事吧。
Ross: Hi.
嗨。
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: ... I have to go to China.
我要去中国。
Joey: The country?
国家?
Ross: No no, this big pile of dishes in my mom's breakfront. Do you guys know who Carl is?
不,我妈家中的一大堆盘子。你知道Carl是谁吗?
Chandler: Uh, let's see... Alvin... Simon... Theodore.... no.
让我想想,Alvin... Simon... Theodore...不认识。
Ross: Well, Rachel's having drinks with him tonight.
Rachel,今晚和他在一起喝酒。
Joey: Oh no! How can she do that when she's never shown any interest in you?
不,她还没对你有任何表示前,怎能这样做?
Chandler: Forget about her.
忘了她吧。
Joey: He's right, man. Please. Please move on. Go to China. Eat Chinese food.
他说得对,伙计,去吧,到中国,吃中国菜。
Chandler: Of course there, they just call it food.
当然,他们在那儿只称为菜。
Ross:Yeah... I guess. I don't—I don't know. Alright, just... just give her this for me, OK?
是吗?大概吧,我不知道。帮我把这个交给她,好吗?
Joey: Listen, buddy, we're just looking out for you.
兄弟,我们只是为你着想。
Ross: I know.
我明白。
Joey: We want you to be happy. And I may only have a couple beers in me, but... I love you, man.
我们要你快乐,或许我喝了两瓶,但我爱你。
Chandler: I'm still on my first. I just think you're nice.
我只喝了一瓶,我觉得你人真好。
Melanie: Anyway, that's when me and my friends started this whole fruit basket business. We call ourselves "The Three Basketeers".
总之,我和朋友开始水果篮事业后,我们就自称为“三篮人”。
Joey: Like the three musketeers, only with fruit.
就像“三剑客”,只是多了水果。
Chandler: Ooooh.
喔。
Monica: OK, how does everybody like their burgers?
好吧,谁想吃汉堡?
Rachel: Oh, no, no, no. Presents first. Food later.
不,不,不。先拆礼物,待会儿再吃东西。
Chandler: We're doing presents first.
礼物先,待会儿再吃。
Monica: Hey, hold on there, tiger. How's it going? How are you holding up?
等等,猛男,进展得如何?
Joey: Well, not so good. She definitely thinks tonight is the night we're gonna... complete the transaction , if you know what...
不太顺利,她想在今晚就敲定这笔交易,如果你……
Joey: Then you do.
你懂。
Monica: So, uh, have you ever thought about being there for her.
你曾经想过站在她的角度去想事情吗?
Joey: What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Monica: You know, just be there for her.
只是为她着想。
Joey: Not following you.
听不懂。
Monica: Think about it.
考虑一下。

影片简介

Joey为赚钱去捐精,但当他和新女友——一个果篮制造商——日益情浓,事情变得有点麻烦。大家一起烧烤为Rachel庆祝生日,Ross刚放下生日礼物就急着上路,他说要远赴中国为博物馆取回一块至关重要的(恐龙)头骨。后来,当Rachel 拆开礼物时,Chandler不经意地泄露出Ross 对她的爱慕之情。Rachel立刻奔向机场想截住Ross,“我得和他当面谈谈”,却错过了。Ross离开之后,她内心激烈交战。

划红精讲

1. forget about: 忘记

eg. Did you forget about going to the bank?
你忘记了去银行吗?

eg. You can almost forget about it.
你们几乎可以忽略它。

2. move on: 继续前进

(1) 继续前往

eg. Mr. Brooke moved on from LA to Phoenix.
布鲁克先生离开洛杉矶继续前往菲尼克斯市。

(2) 命令……走开

eg. Eventually the police were called to move them on.
最后叫了警察命令他们离开。

(3) 罢手去做别的事

eg. She ran this shop for ten years before deciding to move on to fresh challenges.
她经营这家商店10年之后,决定罢手去迎接新的挑战。

3. look out for: 留心,提防

eg. Look out for the following cultural mistakes and try to avoid them while going abroad.
到国外时要特别留心并尽量避免误入以下几种文化陷阱。

4. hold on: 等一等

eg. Just hold on a minute, I'll be back at once.
请稍等一下,我马上就回来。

5. hold up: 持续;维持

eg. But as with much conventional wisdom, this analogy does not hold up to closer inspection.
但是,如同许多传统智慧一样,此类比经不起进一步推敲。

6. be there for sb.: 愿随时(给某人)提供帮助(或支援)

eg. He seemed to be there for the encouragement of all.
他在那里好象是为了鼓励每一个人。

分享到
重点单词
  • inspectionn. 检查,视察
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • encouragementn. 鼓励
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • transactionn. 交易,处理,办理,事务 (复)transactio
  • conventionaladj. 传统的,惯例的,常规的