《老友记》视听精讲第229期:比珠宝还要渴望
日期:2013-03-13 10:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: OK, what's the longest you've been in the relationship before ha, have, having the sex?
你与男人交往花了最久时间……才发生关系的是多久?
Rachel: Why? Who's not having... Are you and Julie not, are, are you and, are you and Julie not having sex?
什么?谁没有……?你与Julie还没有……你与Julie还没有发生关系?
Ross: Technically, huh, no.
技术上来说,没有。
Rachel: Wow. Is it, is it because she's so cold in bed. Or, or is it because she's like, kinda bossy, makes it feel like school?
哇哦,是不是因为她很冷感?或者她非常挑剔感觉像是在学校?
Ross: No, no, she's great and it's not like we haven't done anything. I mean, uh, uh, we, we do plenty of other stuff, lot's of other stuff, like uhh...
不!她很好,我们又不是什么都没做。我们做了很多事情像是……
Rachel: No, no no no, don't need to know the details.
不!别告诉我细节。
Ross: It's just, it's, it's me. You, you know I've only been with one woman my whole life and she turned out to be a lesbian. So now I've got myself all psyched out, you know, and it's become, like this, this thing and I... Well, you just must think I'm weird.
不!这个只是我的问题,我一辈子只跟一个人上过床……后来她变成了同性恋。所以现在我很担心,就像是……这件事,你一定以为我很怪。
Rachel: No, no, no, no I don't think it's weird, I think, I think umm, in fact, in fact you know what I think?
不,我不认为很怪。你知道我怎么想吗?
Ross: What?
怎么想?
Rachel: I think it's sexy.
我觉得这很性感。
Ross: Sexy?
性感?
Rachel: Let me tell you something. As a woman there is nothing sexier than a man who does not want to have sex.
让我告诉你,身为女人没有任何事情比不想要作爱的男人更性感。
Ross: No kidding?
真的吗?
Rachel: Oh yeah. In fact you know what I'd do?
哦,是的。事实上你知道我会怎么做?
Ross: What?
什么?
Rachel: I'd wait.
我会等待下去。
Ross: You'd wait?
你会等待?
Rachel: Yes, absolutely. I would wait and wait. . . then I'd wait some more.
没错,我会等待……一直等待……然后我还会再等下去。
Ross: Really?
真的?
Rachel: Oh yeah, I don't care how much she tells you she wants it, I don't care if begs, she pleads, she tells you she, she's gonna have sex with, with another man. That just means it's working.
我不管她怎么说她多么想要,多么恳求你…… 她说她要跟其他男人做爱……这只表示收到了效果。
Ross: Women really want this?
女人真的希望如此?
Rachel: More than jewelry.
比珠宝还要渴望。

影片简介

想不到Phoebe竟有个丈夫叫Duncan,此人是个同性恋,是Phoebe的加拿大朋友,她帮他拿美国绿卡所以结婚。Phoebe从始至终一直暗恋他。六年过去了,他却回来说要离婚。原来他并非同志,现在爱上了别的女人,要重新结婚。Phoebe的地下婚姻的曝光成了导火索,其余人的秘密相继暴露。

划红精讲

1. plenty of: 大量;很多;许多

eg. She has plenty of imagination.
她的想象力非常丰富。

eg. He indulges his son with plenty of pocket money.
他纵容他的儿子,给他许多零用钱。

2. turn out

(1) 结果为

eg. If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我知道我的一生会是这样的结果,我早就该让他们杀了我。

eg. I was positive things were going to turn out fine.
我当时就确信事情最终会好起来。

(2) 被发现是

eg. Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be completely wrong.
科斯格累夫的预测被发现是完全错误的。

(3) 关掉

eg. The janitor comes around to turn the lights out.
那个看门人会过来把灯关掉。

3. psych out: 吓坏

eg. I psych out every time I enter an examination room.
每次我一走进考场,就神经紧张。

4. pleased with: 对……满意的,高兴的

eg. I was actually quite pleased with myself as you can imagine.
你们可以想象,我确实对自己的作品十分满意。

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • forecastn. 预测,预报 v. 预测
  • jewelryn. 珠宝,珠宝类