(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
[Scene: Central Perk, Chandler is still trying to ease things over with Janice, and there are about a dozen empty Espresso cups in front of him. He is extremely wired.]
Chandler: Here's the thing, Janice. You know, I mean, it's like we're different. I'm like the bing, bing, bing. You're like the boom, boom, (Chandler flails his hand out and hits Janice in the eye)... boom.
是这样,Janice。要知道,我认为,好像我们是不同的人。我就像乒,乒,乒,而你像乓、乓、(Chandler挥手打中了Janice的眼睛)……乓。
Janice: Ow!
噢!
Chandler: Oh, my god, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?
哦,我的天,对不起。还好吗?
Janice: Ow. Um, it's just my lens. It's just my lens. I'll be right back.
噢,恩,只是我的隐形眼镜,只是我的隐形眼镜,我去去就来。
(She leaves.)
Chandler: (to Phoebe) I hit her in the eye! I hit her in the eye! This is the worst breakup in the history of the world.
我打到她的眼睛了!我打到她的眼睛了!这是有史以来最糟糕的分手了。
Phoebe: Oh my god. (Chandler downs another espresso.) How many of those have you had?
哦我的天。你已经喝了多少了?
Chandler: Oh, I don't know, a million?
哦,我不知道,一百万杯?
Phoebe: Chandler, easy, easy. Go to your happy place. La la la la la la la.
Chandler,放松,放松。想点高兴的事。啦啦啦啦。
Chandler: I'm fine.
我很好。
Phoebe: All right.
对了。
(Janice returns from the bathroom.)
Chandler: I'm not fine. Here she comes.
我不好。她回来了。
Phoebe: Wait here, okay? Breathe.
在这儿等着。深呼吸。
(Phoebe goes over to speak to Janice. She talks to her for a few seconds, and then Janice immediately smiles, hugs her, waves to Chandler, and leaves.)
Chandler: How do you do that?
你怎么做到的?
Phoebe: It's like a gift.
这好像是种天赋。
Chandler: We should always always break up together.
我们应该回回次次都一起分手。
Phoebe: Oh, I'd like that.
哦,我乐意之至。
重点讲解
1. ease: v. 减轻,放松,缓和,缓慢移动
相关短语辨析:
1) at ease,with ease
这两个介词短语的词义范围和使用场合并不相同。at ease的意思是安逸地、安心地、自在地(feeling confident or relaxed),其反义短语为ill at ease;
with ease的意思是轻松地、容易地(easily or without difficulty)。
就使用场合而言,at ease即可作表语,亦可作状语;with ease 只能用作状语。例:
The old couple are now quite at ease as their son is out of danger.
这一对老夫妻现在可安心了,因为他们的儿子已经脱离危险。
I don't know why he is ill at ease.
我不知道为什么他心神不宁。
They fulfilled the task with ease.
他们轻松地完成了任务。
注:stand at ease是军事术语,义稍息;take one's ease是休息或无拘无束。例:
The soldiers are standing at ease now.士兵们现在在立正稍息。
We are now taking our ease.我们现在是优哉游哉。
With ease 是容易地、不费力地的意思,用作状语。例如:
He writes with ease. 他笔墨流畅。
He can jump over the wall with ease. 他能轻而易举地越过这墙。
2) Put (set) …… at ease 是使……心安的意思。例如:
We put Mary at her ease during hte thunderstorm by reading her stories. 在雷雨时,我们读故事给玛丽听,以使她宽心。
2. wired: 极其兴奋的
3. flail: 使劲地挥舞,挥动,用连迦打,敲打
The baby's legs flailed under the quilt.
小孩的两条小腿在被子下面乱动。
4. lens: 隐形眼镜
5. go over: 走过去