《老友记》视听精讲第93课:我爱你妈,她是最棒的!
日期:2012-05-31 15:11

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Phoebe:It’s all my fault.
这都是我的错。
Monica:No, It’s mine. Why did I 'woohoo'? I mean, what was I hoping would happen? That he'd turn round and say 'I love that sound, I must have you now'?
不,是我的错。我为何'woohoo'? 我难道期望会发生什么? 期待他回头说“我喜欢那声音,我现在就要你?”
Phoebe:I just wish there was something we could do. Hello. Hello, Coma Guy. GET UP, YOU GIRL SCOUT! UP! UP! UP!
我只希望我们能帮上一点忙。昏迷的帅哥,起来。你这少女侦查员,起来!起来!起来!
Monica:Phoebe, what are you doing?
Phoebe,你在干什么?
Phoebe:Maybe nobody's tried this.
或许没有人试过这一招。
Monica:I wish we at least knew his name...
希望至少能知道他的名字。
Joey:No, I hate that they’re calling him John Doe. It’s so sad. It’s like he’s a deer, a female deer.Oh, I was gonna stop.
我讨厌他们叫他“某John”。感觉他像一只小鹿,一只雌鹿。哦,我就此打住。
Monica:Look at that face. I mean, even sleeping, he looks smart. I bet he's a lawyer.
瞧他这张脸,即使他在昏迷中仍一副聪明样。我猜他是个律师。
Phoebe:Yeah, but did you see the dents in his knuckles? That means he's artistic.
但是,你看见他手关节上的凹凸么? 那说明他是个艺术家。
Monica:Okay, he's a lawyer, who teaches sculpting on the side. And he can dance!
他是个兼职教雕塑的律师,而且他会跳舞。
Phoebe:Oh! And, he's the kinda guy who, when you're talking, he's listening.
他是那种静静听你讲话的人,不会说“我了解”。
You know, and not saying 'Yeah, I understand' but really wondering what you look like naked.
而不是说着我理解却想着你裸体的样子。
Monica:I wish all guys could be like him.
我希望男生都像他这样
Phoebe:I know.
我知道
Chandler:I don’t get. You don’t even know this guy. Are there no conscious men or in the city for you two?
你们甚至都不认识这个小伙。纽约难道没有适合你们的清醒男生?
Monica:He doesn't have anyone.
他身旁没人照顾。
Phoebe:Yeah, wewe feel kinda responsible.
对,我们觉得应该负起责任
Joey:I can't believe you said woowoo. I don't even say woowoo.
我不敢相信你会吹口哨, 连我都不吹口哨。
Rachel:Oh, she's coming up! She's coming up!
她出现了。
Jay Leno:Folks, when we come back we'll be talking about her new book, 'Euphoria Unbound Unbound '. The always interesting Nora Tyler Bing. You might wanna put the kids to bed for this one.
各位,稍后我们将谈论她的新书。永远引人人胜的Nora Tyler Bing.,你得叫你的孩子上床睡觉了。
Chandler:Y'know, we don't have to watch this. Weekend at Bernie's is on Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax.
我们别看这个,电影台有许多好电影。
Rachel:No way, forget it.
不行,这个不行
Joey:C'mon, she's your mom!
拜托,作者是你妈妈!
Chandler:Exactly. Weekend at Bernie's! Dead guy getting hit in the groin twenty, thirty times! No?
柏尼斯之周末夜,死人的腹股沟被打二,三十次。
Rachel:Chandler, I gotta tell you, I love your mom's books! I love her books! I cannot get on a plane without one! I mean, this is so cool!
Chandler,我得告诉你, 我爱你妈的书。飞机上没她的书陪伴,我会度日如年。
Chandler:Yeah, well, you wouldn't think it was cool if you're eleven years old and all your friends are passing around page 79 of 'Mistress Bitch.'
如果你小时候朋友争相传阅,“情妇婊子”的79页,你就不会认为酷了。
Monica:I remember page 79.
我记得第79页。
Joey:The thing after the opera with the girl with trick hip?
歌剧之后和那个有可爱臀部的小姑娘?
Ross:C'mon, Chandler, I love your mom. I think she's a blast.
拜托,我爱你妈。她是最棒的!
Chandler:You can say that because she's not your mom.
你当然能这样说,她不是你妈。
Ross:Oh, please...
拜托
Paolo:Bona sera.
早上好!
Rachel:Oh, hi sweetie.
嗨,亲爱的。
Ross:When did Rigatoni get back from Rome?
那个意大利人什么时候从罗马回来的?
Monica:Last night.
昨晚。
Ross:Ah, so then his plane didn't explode in a big ball of fire?... Just a dream I had… but...
他的飞机没在空中炸成火球?只是我做过的一个梦?但是……
Phoebe:Hey hey hey! She's on!
快看,快看,她出现了!
Paolo:Ah! Nora Bing!
哇, Nora Bing!
Jay Leno:...BaNowto the book. What is this about you being arrested in London? What is that all about?
等会儿再谈你的书吧。听说你在伦敦被逮捕?
Phoebe:Your mom was arrested?
听说你妈伦敦被逮捕?
Chandler:Shhh, I’m busy beaming with pride.
嘘,我正感到无比骄傲呢。
Mrs. Bing:...This is kind of embarrassing, but occasionally after I've been intimate with a man...
这个说来有点难为情,不经意和一个男人亲热后
Chandler:Now why would she say that's embarrassing?
她怎会说难为情?
All:Shhh.

Mrs. Bing:...I just get this craving for Kung Pow Chicken.
我只是吃宫保鸡丁。
Chandler:That’s too much information!
透露太多了。

重点讲解
1. turn round: 掉头

The trouble is, the beggars scatter as soon as you turn round with the hat.
问题是,你一转身拿出帽子,那些混蛋马上就散开了。

A few moments later, the instinct of which we have spoken above made him turn round.
不大一会儿,出自我们上面所说的那种本能,他又转身折回来。

2. bend down: 倔身(弯腰)

Also, one of the workers said that he constantly wanted to drop something on the floor so he could bend down to pick it up while working.
有一个工人说,他经常故意把东西掉在地上,以便捡东西的时候可以休息一下。

On the sole condition that it shall bend down to the people.
唯一的条件是向人民低下头来。

3. on the side: 作为兼职

In general, freelancing on the side while working a full-time job will allow you to get a taste for what full-time freelancing will be like, but with very little risk.
总的来说,在有一份全职工作的同时,一边兼职自由职业的工作,能使你在很小的风险下尝尝作为一名自由职业全职者是怎样的滋味。

4. come up: 出现

They come up with me, my clients, and my friends frequently.
他们经常过来找我,我的客户以及我的朋友。

5. settle down : 安心,专心

Don't you want to settle down?
你难道不想生活安定下来吗?

6. pass around: 分发, 传送

We will see later how to pass around more complex variables like arrays and structures.
稍后我们将看到如何传送更复杂的变量,如数组和结构。

The men stretch out on quilts and pass around cigarettes and small glasses of hot sugared tea.
人们在棉被上舒展身体,挨个儿分发香烟和小杯加了蜜的热茶。

分享到
重点单词
  • coman. 昏迷
  • cravingn. 渴望,热望 动词crave的现在分词
  • consciousadj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的 n. 意
  • constantlyadv. 不断地,经常地
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • artisticadj. 艺术的
  • explodevt. 爆炸,驳倒 vi. 爆炸,爆发(感情),激增 [
  • euphorian. 幸福愉快感
  • bendv. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从 n. 弯曲,弯曲物
  • instinctadj. 充满的 n. 本能,天性,直觉