《老友记》视听精讲第83课:我是你的爸爸
日期:2012-05-14 18:01

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Carol:Anytime you're ready.
任何时候只要你准备好了。
Ross:Ok, ok, here we go. Ok, where am I talking to, here? I mean, uh, well, there is one way that seems to offer a certain acoustical advantage, but...
好的,好的,开始。这里吗,我得对着哪里说?我的意思是:好象只有那样才能让他听见,但是……
Carol:Just aim for the bump.
对着鼓出来的地方就可以。
Ross:Ok, ok, ok, ok, here goes. You know, I, you know, can't do this. Uh, this is too weird. I feel stupid.
好的,开始了。你知道,我,你知道,我做不出来。噢,这太搞笑。我感到自己象个傻瓜。
Carol:So don't do it, it's fine. You don't have to do it just because Susan does it.
那你就别说了。你不必因为Susan做了你就非得做。
Ross:Hello, baby. Hello, hello.
你好吗?宝宝!你好,你好
Rachel:I loved the moment when you first saw the giant dog shadow all over the park.
大狗在公园上的时候挺好玩的。
Phoebe:Yeah, but did they have to shoot him down? I mean, that was just mean.
是的,但是他们必须把他射下来吗?真是作孽。
Monica:Ok, right about now the turkey should be crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Why are we standing here?
现在火鸡应该是外焦里嫩了。还站在这里干嘛?
Rachel:We're waiting for you to open the door. You got the keys.
等你开门。你拿的钥匙。
Monica:No I don't.
没有,我没拿。
Rachel:Yes, you do. When we left, you said, "got the keys."
你拿了。出来的时候,你说拿了钥匙。
Monica:No I didn't. I asked, "got the keeys?"
我没有。我说:“拿上钥匙”?
Rachel:No, no, no, you said, "got the keys".
不、不、不。你是说:“拿上钥匙”。
Chandler:Do either of you have the keys?
你们俩都没带?
Monica:The oven is on.
烤炉还开着。
Rachel:Oh, I gotta get my ticket!
噢,我得拿我的票!
Joey:Wait, wait, we have a copy of your key.
等等,等等,我们有一把你家的备用钥匙。
Monica:Well then get it, get it!
快去拿,快去!
Joey:That tone will not make me go any faster.
你这种语气无法加快我的速度。
Monica:Joey!
Joey!
Joey:That one will.
这还凑合。
Ross:And everyone's telling me, you gotta pick a major, you gotta pick a major. So, on a dare, I picked paleontology.And you have no idea what I'm saying, because, let's face it, you're a fetus.You're just happy you don't have gills anymore.
每个人都对我说:你得选个专业,你得选个专业于是我鼓起勇气挑了古生物学可能你不懂我正说什么我们得面对现实,你还是一个胎儿。你应该高兴因为你不会再有鳃。
Carol:Look, you don't have to talk to it. You can sing to it if you want.
你不用老是说话,你也可以对它唱歌.
Ross:Oh, please. I am not singing to your stomach, ok?
噢。拜托,我才不想对着你的胃唱歌!
Susan:Hi, how's it going?
进展如何?
Ross:Shh! Here we come, walking down the street, get the funniest looks from, everyone we meet.Hey, hey! Hey, uh, did you just feel that?
嘘!正忙着呢,“沿着那些街道走着,每人人的表情都很可笑。嘿,嘿!喂,噢,你觉着到了吗?
Carol:I did.
是的,我有。
Ross:Does it always, uh?
他总这样吗,噢?
Carol:No, no that was the first.
不,没有,这是第一次
Susan:Keep singing! Keep singing!
接着唱!接着唱!
Ross:Hey, hey, you're my baby, and I can't wait to meet you.When you come out I'll buy you a bagel, and then we'll go to the zoo.
“嘿,嘿,你是我的宝宝,我已经等不及想见你。等你出来后,我会为你买百吉饼然后带你去动物园。”
Susan:I felt it!
我感觉到了
Ross:Hey, hey, I'm your daddy. I'm the one without any breasts.
“嘿,嘿,我是你的爸爸。没有乳房的那个……”

重点讲解

1.be prepared to: 准备做某事

If you give a hug to a stranger, be prepared to run very fast afterward.
而如果你给陌生人一个拥抱,那还是准备好抱完赶快跑吧。


If you plan to use this -- and it can be useful -- be prepared to take time to use it well.
如果您计划用它——而且它可能是实用的——要准备好花一些时间来 用好它。


I did this film because I believe that if we as a country are going to cause such disorder we must also be prepared to face the horrendous images that result from these events.
我创作这部电影的原因在于我相信如果我们这样的国家引起了如此大的混乱,那么我们也应该准备好去面对由此局面而产生的可怕的结果。

2.aim for: 瞄准;以……为目标

Trading operations in big banks aim for big profits because that is what the shareholders want.
大型银行的交易业务以高额利润为目标,因为这是股东想要的。

Aim for five to nine daily servings of all kinds of fruits and vegetables—especially these six superstars.
瞄准以各种水果和蔬菜做成的五到九道家常菜——尤其是下面的六个超级明星菜。

Above all, aim for things that are truly important to you, not what you think you ought to do or what others expect of you.
最重要的是,你要把那些对你真正重要的事情作为目标,而不是那些你认为自己应该做或者其他人希望你做的事。

3.shoot down: 击落;驳倒,否决

Japan had also threatened to shoot down the rocket with land-based batteries if it seemed to endanger its territory.
日本还威胁,若火箭有威胁日本领土的迹象,日本将用地面火力击落它。

He says the United States would only attempt to shoot down the rocket in the unlikely event it appeared to pose a direct threat to U.S. territory.
他说,美国只会在该火箭可能向美国领土发出直接威胁的时候试图将其击落,而这种情况发生的可能性不大。

4.can't wait to: 等不及做某事

分享到
重点单词
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作
  • threatn. 威胁,凶兆 vt. 威胁, 恐吓
  • unlikelyadj. 不太可能的
  • shadown. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处 vt. 投阴影于,跟踪
  • endangervt. 危及,危害
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • disordern. 杂乱,混乱 vt. 扰乱
  • territoryn. 领土,版图,领域,范围
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某