《老友记》视听精讲第191期:像我叔叔,被果冻包着
日期:2013-01-14 13:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: Phoebes, It's open! It's open!
Phoebes,开了,开了。
Janitor: Wait! You forgot your legs!
等等,你们忘了脚。
All: Push, push!
推,推。
Ross: We're here!
我们在这。
Carol: Where have you been?
你们在哪儿?
Ross: Long story, honey.
说来话长,亲爱的。
Dr. Franzblau: All right, Carol, I need you to keep pushing. I need—Excuse me, could I have this?
没事了,Carol, 我要你不断用力,抱歉,我能用这个……
Nurse: All right, all right, there's a few too many people in this room, and there's about to be one more, so anybody who's not an exhusband or a lesbian life partner, out you go!
这里人太多了,而且待会儿又会多一个,所以不是前任丈夫和女同志终身伴侣者请出去。
All: Good luck!
祝你们好运。
Chandler: Let me ask you, do you have to be Carol's lesbian life partner?
我问你,要Carol的女同志终身伴侣才行吗?
Nurse: Out!
出去!
Dr. Franzblau: All right, he's crowning. Here he comes.
他的头露出来了让我看看。
Ross: Let me see, I gotta see, I gotta see. Oh, a head. Oh, it's, it's huge. Carol, how are you doing this?
让我看看,是头……好大,Carol,你是怎么办到的?
Carol: Not.... helping!
于事无补。
Dr. Franzblau: You're doing great, you're doing fine.
你做得很好……
Ross: Hello! Oh, sorry.
抱歉。
Susan: What do you see? What do you see?
你看见什么?你看见什么?
Ross: We got a head, we got shoulders, we got arms, we got, oh, look at the little fingers, oh, and a chest, and a stomach. It's a boy, definitely a boy! All right! Ok, legs, knees, and feet. Oh, oh. He's here. He's a person.
我何时能见到头,肩膀和手臂都出来了,看,是手指,肚子,是男的,腿,膝盖,脚,他出来了,他是个人。
Susan: Oh, look at that.
看看那。
Carol: What does he look like?
他长得像什么?
Ross: Kind of like my uncle Ed, covered in Jello.
像我叔叔Ed,被果冻包着
Carol: Really?
真的吗?
Phoebe: you guys, he's beautiful!
各位,他好漂亮。
Ross: Oh, thanks, Pheebs!
谢谢,Pheebs!
Susan: No shouting, but we still need a name for this little guy.
不准大吼,我们仍需要为他取个名字。
Ross: How about Ben?
Ben怎么样?
Susan: I like Ben.
我喜欢Ben。
Carol: Ben. Ben. Ben's good. How come you never mentioned Ben before?
Ben. Ben.这名字不错,你们之前怎没提过这名字?
Ross: We uh, we just cooked it up.
刚想出来的。
Susan: That's what we were off doing.
这就是我们不在时做的事。

影片简介

Carol即将分娩,六人齐集医院;但Carol却因为陪Susan购物而姗姗来迟;Ross一见Susan就剑拔弩张,之后两人又为婴儿的名字争执,双双被Carol轰出门外。Rachel对妇产科医生频送秋波……但该医生患职业病,对女性失去了胃口。Phoebe带着吉他到医院唱歌,“粉嘟嘟的小孩子,长大憎你老不死”——犯得Ross给她钱买她闭嘴。Phoebe、Ross和Susan被困在储物室,Phoebe给两人上了一课。

划红精讲

1. how come 为什么,怎么会……(那样)

eg. How come you speak English without an accent?
为什么你说英语一点口音也没有?

eg. How come some people can stick with it and others not?
为什么有的人可以坚持,有的人却不可以。

2. cook up

(1) 策划(骗局等)[非正式]

eg. He must have cooked up his scheme on the spur of the moment.
他肯定是即兴策划了他的方案。

(2) 编造[非正式]

eg. She'll cook up a convincing explanation.
她将编造一个有说服力的解释。

3. long story 一言难尽

eg. Long story short, he is now our director of retail operations.
长话短说,他现在是我们的零售总监了。

eg. It's a long story, it takes time to explain it.
说来话长,这需要花时间来解释它。

分享到
重点单词
  • schemen. 方案,计划,阴谋 v. 计画,设计,体系,结构,图
  • convincingadj. 使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的 vbl.
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • retailn. 零售 vt. 零售,传述 adv. 以零售形式
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • explanationn. 解释,说明