(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Ross:I had a dream last night where I was playing football with my kid.
我昨晚梦见我和我儿子在玩足球。
Chandler and Joey:That's nice.
真温馨。
Ross:No, no, with him. I'm on this field, and they, they hike me the baby...And I, I know I've gotta do something because the Tampa Bay defence is coming right at me.
不?是用他打,我在球场上,他们叫我以儿子做裆下开球。我知道我得做点什么,Tampa Bay的防守球员正在逐渐逼近。
Joey:Tampa Bay's got a terrible team.
Tampa Bay可是很烂啊!
Ross:Right, but, it is just me and the baby, so I'm thinking they can take us. And so I uh, hahhah, I just heave it down field.
没错?但只有我和我儿子,所以我想他们很可能要找我们的麻烦, 所以我只好传球。
Chandler:What are you crazy? That's a baby!
什么?你疯啦?他是你儿子。
Joey:He should take the sack?
他应该擒抱?
Ross:Anyway, suddenly I'm down field, and I realise that I'm the one who's supposed to catch him, right? Only I know there is no way I'm gonna get there in time, so I am running, and running, and that, that is when I woke up.See I, I am so not ready to be a father.
不管怎样,突然间我已到了场边了,我发觉我就是那个该接球的人,对吧?但我绝对来不及,于是我跑啊跑,于是我就醒过来了。看?我还没准备好当爸爸。
Chandler:Hey, you're gonna be fine. You're one of the most caring, most responsible men in North America. You're gonna make a great dad.
你没问题的, 你是全北美洲最细心、最有责任感的男人, 你将来一定是个好爸爸的。
Joey:Yeah, Ross. You and the baby just need better blocking.
没错?Ross。你和你儿子只是需要更好的阻挡。
Joey:Oh, have either one of you guys ever been to the Rainbow Room? Is it real expensive?
你们去过彩虹厅吗?真有那么贵?
Chandler:Well, only if you order stuff.
除非你要点儿什么东西。
Joey:I'm taking Ursula tonight. It's her birthday.
我要带 Ursula去那里,今天是她生日。
Ross:Wowowhoa. What about Phoebe's birthday?
Phoebe的生日该怎么办?
Joey:When's that?
什么时候?
Ross:Tonight.
今晚。
Joey:Oh, man. What're the odds of that happening?
哦!真是太巧了。
Ross:You take your time.
好好想想吧。
Chandler:There it is! So what're you gonna do?
想出来了!你打算怎么办?
Joey:What can I do? Look, I don't want to do anything to screw it up with Ursula.
我能怎么办?我不想让Ursula不开心。
Chandler:And your friend Phoebe?
你的朋友Phoebe 呢?
Joey:Well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. I mean, wouldn't you guys?
如果她是我朋友,希望她能谅解。你们能谅解吗?
Chandler:Man, if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be staring at the business end of a hissy fit.
兄弟,如果你敢在我的生日那天做这事儿, 我就让你好看!
Dr. Mitchell:You add a pinch of saffron, it makes all the difference .
加上少量蕃红花,就能使情况完全改观。
Dr. Mitchell:Okay, errrr, Monica?
好的,嗯,Monica ?
Monica:Yes? Yes, she is.
是的……是的,她是!
Rachel:Hi, this is my friend Rachel.
她是我朋友Rachel。
Monica:Hi.
你好。
Dr. Mitchell:Hi, err Rachel. I'm Dr.Mitchell.
Rachel,我是Mitchell 大夫。
Dr. Rosen:And I'm his friend Dr. Rosen.
我是他朋友Rosen大夫。
Dr. Mitchell:I'm okay here.
我在这没问题。
Dr. Rosen:Actually, that's right, you can take your break.
好吧,就这样,你可以休息一下。
Dr. Mitchell:No, no, this is why I become a doctor .Ankles and stuff like that .
不了,这是我为什么做了医生,脚踝之类是我的专长。
Rachel:Aren't you a little cute to be a doctor?
你当医生是否太帅了一点?
Dr. Rosen:Excuse me?
抱歉,什么?
Rachel:I meant er, young, young, I meant young, young to be a doctor. Oh good, Rach.
哦,我是指年轻,是不是做医生太年轻了。说的好,Rach。
Monica:Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel:Right.
没错。
影片介绍
Monica带Rachel上医院:Rachel没买保险,所以她和Monica身份互换。当两名帅哥医生要约会她俩时,情况变得复杂化。Rachel认为应该坦白她们的身份,Monica坚持要保守秘密,两人争吵,结果在两位医生面前自爆其短。Ross没有信心当一个好爸爸:他在朋友们中寻找帮助,并向父亲咨询。Joey继续约会Ursula,后者成为他和Phoebe的朋友关系中的障碍——他错过了Phoebe的生日。
重点讲解
背景介绍:
Rainbow Room: 彩虹厅(这是纽约洛克斐勒中心通用电器大楼顶楼的高级餐厅)
名词短语:
1. ill fortune: 坏运气
2. the business end =the receving end 承受方,受害人,受气包
3. odds: n. 几率;胜算;不平等;差别
eg. How can you improve your odds of success?
如何才能提高你成功的几率呢?
动词短语:
1. only if: 只有当
eg. Only if we really recognize the importance of job safety, the importance in thinking up really, really be in the operation of the implementation.
只有我们真正认识到安全工作的重要性,在思想上真正的重视起来,才能在行动中真正的实施起来。
2. screw up: [俚]弄糟,损坏 screw:旋,拧
eg. That cute girl (or boy) won't eat you if you screw up this date.
那个可爱的女孩(男孩)又不会吃了你如果你搞砸了这次约会。
3. have a hissy fit: 因为一些小事而发飙生气 hissy: 嘘声的 fit: 突发的感情