(单词翻译:单击)
双语剧本Monica:(to Alan) Thanks. I'll call you tomorrow. (Alan exits, to all) Okay. Okay, let'slet the Alanbashing begin. Who's gonna take the first shot, hmm?
谢谢。我明天打电话给你。(Alan走了,转向大家)好了,现在开始向Alan开火,谁先来?
Monica:C'mon!
快呀!
Ross:...I'll go. Let's start with the wayhe kept picking at...no, I'm sorry, I can't do this, can't do this. We loved him.
我先来。我们从他拿……,不,抱歉,我办不到。不能这么做。我们爱他。
All:Loved him! Yeah! He's great!
我们爱他,他太棒了!
Monica:Wait a minute! We're talking about someone thatI'm going out with?
等一下,我们是在谈论我约会的对象吗?
All:Yeah!
是的。
Rachel:And did you notice...? (She spreads her thumb andindex finger.)
你们有没有注意……?【呵呵,大概是前面讲的某个器官的长度】
The Guys:(reluctantly) Yeah.
是的.
Joey:Know what was great? The way his smile was kindacrooked.
知道他什么最棒吗?他笑起来有点邪邪的。
Phoebe:Yes, yes! Like the man in the shoe!
是的,没错!就像是鞋子里的那个男人!
Ross:What shoe?
什么鞋子?
Phoebe:From thenursery rhyme. 'There was a crooked man, Who had a crooked smile, Who lived in a shoe, For a... while...'
儿歌里唱的‘有一个弯弯曲曲的男人,他有着弯弯曲曲的笑容,他住在一只鞋子里,一会…儿…’
(Dubiouspause.)
Ross:So I think Alan will become theyardstickagainst which all future boyfriends will be measured.
我认为Alan应成为未来男朋友的标准。
Rachel:What future boyfriends? Nono, I th I think this could be, you know, it.
什么未来男朋友?不,我认为就是了。
Monica:Really!
真的?
Chandler:Oh, yeah. I'd marry him just for hisDavid Hasselhof impression alone. You know I'm gonna be doing that at parties, right? (Does the impression)
是的,光凭他学David Hasselh的样子,我就想嫁给他了。我要在派对上学他。
Ross:You know what I like most about him, though?
不过,知道我最喜欢他什么吗?
All:What?
什么?
Ross:The way he makes me feel about myself.
他让我找回了自我.
讲解注释Alanbashing:攻击
bash: 怒殴
【这段话很多人讨论过,主要集中在Alanbashing上,其实之前Monica已经是下了很大的决心要带Alan同大家见面,心里已经做好了被挖苦的准备了(之前的wine guy,还有那个说话漏风的家伙等等一定让她被讽刺的很不爽),不过这次大家总算给足了面子,包括为了抽烟而宁愿在走廊淋的浑身湿透的Chandler(dripping wet),Monica一定觉得怪怪的,所以才会等Alan一走就面向大家:好了,现在开始Alan的批判会吧!(Alanbashing是个有趣的组合,我们也可以用的,比如看到Antique欺负谁了,也可以来个Antiquebashing嘛。】
“take the first shot”也值得记下,各种场合都可以用,“谁先来?”
常用短语:take a shot(at...)
1. 向......开枪
The hunter took a shot at the deer.
猎人朝那头鹿开了一枪。
2. 尝试,试着做某事,也可用give... a shot
I wasn't sure of the answer, but I thought I'd take a shot at it anyway.
我不确定答案是什么,但我想试着猜一下。
He's proven himself to be a talented actor and now he's having a shot at directing.
他已经证明了自己是一个出色的演员,现在又尝试着当导演。
pick at: 吃一点点,无食欲地吃
The old man is only picking at his food; he must be ill.
老人只吃一点点东西; 他一定是病了。
go out with:和…约会
would you go out with me? (和 May I date you out? 同一个意思。)
我可以和你约会吗?
I go out with all the girls I can.
我和所有能约到的女生去约会.
index finger: 食指
reluctantly: 勉强地,不情愿地
reluctant adj.
That child goes out reluctantly to dump rubbish.
那小孩不情愿地出去倒垃圾。
Her father reluctantly consented to the marriage.
她父亲勉强答应了这桩婚姻。
crooked:歪的,邪恶的
nursery rhyme: 童谣
dubious: 怀疑,可疑的
I feel dubious about his honesty.
我对他的诚实表示怀疑。
The testimony given by him is dubious.
他所作的证据是可疑的。
yardstick:码尺【本身是一种丈量工具,即 “码尺、准绳”,其引申之意也就是 “衡量…的标准或尺度”,后面跟介词of或against,等几个拼命吹嘘Alan,也不知道是真的喜欢还是投Monica所好,总之Monica乐坏了。】
do the impression: 模仿表情
David Hasselh: 戴维·哈塞霍夫是著名的歌手兼偶像,曾主演过《霹雳游侠》和《杰克和海德》。
though: [常用于句末][口语]然而,可是,不过
翻译练习凭著向母亲借来的区区600元美金,堪萨斯州的两兄弟决定尝试自行创业。
吃饭时,她只吃一点点。
我开始与另一个女人出去约会。
我们勉强答应跟她一起去。
我对她的动机仍存疑念。
参考答案With just $600 borrowed from their mother, two brothers from Kansas decided to take a shot at their own business.
凭著向母亲借来的区区600元美金,堪萨斯州的两兄弟决定尝试自行创业。
During the meal she picked at her food.
吃饭时,她只吃一点点。
I started to go out with another woman.
我开始与另一个女人出去约会。
We reluctantly agreed to go with her.
我们勉强答应跟她一起去。
I remain dubious about her motives.
我对她的动机仍存疑念。