《老友记》视听精讲第20期:爹妈不能换啊
日期:2011-12-05 16:04

(单词翻译:单击)

双语剧本[Scene: Central Park, everyone's there.]

-Joey: Your folks are really that bad, huh?
你的父母真的那么糟糕吗?
-Ross: Well, you know, these people are pros. They know what they're doing, they take their time, they get the job done.
你要知道这些人十分专业,他们知道他们要做什么,他们会躲在那里,再来个突然袭击.
-Monica: Boy, I know they say you can't change your parents... boy, if you could (To Ross) I'd want yours.
常言道:父母是无法交换的,如果可以,我要你的父母.


-Ross: Must pee. (Goes to pee.)
我要去尿尿了.
-Phoebe: You know, it's even worse when you're twins.
如果你是双胞胎,情况会更惨.
-Rachel: You're twins?
你是双胞胎?
-Phoebe: Yeah. We don't speak. She's like this high-powered, driven career type.
对,我们不往来,她是一心追求事业的人,她从事什么工作?
-Chandler: What does she do?
她从事什么工作?
-Phoebe: She's a waitress.
服务生.
-Joey: Identical?
长的一样吗?
-Phoebe: People say we look alike. But I don’t see it
大家都说我俩长的很像,但我不这么认为.
-Rachel: All right, you guys, I kinda gotta clean up now. (They all start to leave.)
各位,我得打扫了.
-Monica: Chandler, you're an only child, right? You don't have any of this.
Chandler, 你是独生子?你没有这些困扰.
-Chandler: Well, no, although I did have an imaginary friend, who... my parents actually preferred.
没有,尽管我有个想象中的朋友,而我爸妈比较喜欢他.
-Rachel: turn off the lights, please.
帮我关灯.

讲解注释pro: 专业的,专业人士,同professional
take one's time: 从容做(不慌不忙),从容不迫
Those life-saving people take their time.
那些救生员真够从容不迫的。
Since there was no need to hurry, we took our time leaving.
既然没有必要赶忙,我们动身就从容不迫了。
pee: 撒尿,小便
high-powered: 高级的,强大功率的
driven: 追求 career: 事业
type
: 类型
waitress: 女侍者,女服务员
identical: 相同的,同一的
Your appearance is identical to hers.
你的相貌和她的一模一样。
alike adj./adv.相似,同样
We are much alike in character.
我们的性格很相似。
These kittens look exactly alike how can you tell which is which?
这些小猫看上去一模一样--你怎么能分出哪个是哪个?
I always confuse the sisters: they look so alike.
我总是分不出这对姐妹,她们看上去简直一模一样。
gotta: (美俚)have got to
I gotta/I've gotta go.
我得走了。
Gotta go. Check you later.
得走了。以后再打电话给你。
clean up: 收拾干净
imaginary: 想象的,虚构的
The boy's fears were only imaginary.
这小孩的恐惧只是一种想象。
prefer: 较喜欢,宁可

翻译练习你欠我的债可以慢慢还

他们穿着完全相同的衣服。

这两兄弟非常相像。

这本书中的人物都是虚构的。

参考答案You can take your time to pay the debt you owe me.
你欠我的债可以慢慢还。

They're wearing identical clothes.
他们穿着完全相同的衣服。

The two brothers are very much alike.
这两兄弟非常相像。

All the characters in this book are imaginary.
这本书中的人物都是虚构的。

分享到
重点单词
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • imaginaryadj. 想象的,虚构的
  • confusevt. 混淆,使困惑,使混乱
  • identicaladj. 相同的,同一的
  • appearancen. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案