《老友记》视听精讲第211期:谁想跟我去捡便宜?
日期:2013-02-17 12:02

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Julie: Rachel, do you have any muffins left?
还有松饼吗?
Rachel: Yeah, I forget which ones.
还有,我忘记是哪一种。
Julie: Oh, you're busy, that's ok, I'll get it. Anybody else want one?
哦,你太忙了,好吧,我来拿。其他人想要吗?
All: No thanks.
不要,谢谢。
Julie: Oh, you're losing your apron here, let me get it. There you go.
哦,你的围裙松了,我给你系上。好了。
Rachel: Thank you. What a bitch.
谢谢。真是个恶婆娘!
Julie: Oh, listen you guys. I have this friend at Bloomingdales who's quitting tomorrow, and he wants to abuse his discount. So, anyone want to come with me and take advantage of it?
伙计们听着,我有朋友在布鲁戴尔百货公司上班明天就不干了,他想花掉他的折扣优惠。谁想跟我去捡便宜?
Phoebe: I can't, I have to take my grandmother to the vet.
我不行,我要带我祖母去看兽医。
Monica: Ok, um, I'll go with you.
好,嗯,我跟你去。
Julie: Great.
太好了。
Ross: Hi, honey.
嗨,甜心。
Chandler: Hey,sweetums.
嗨,蜜糖。
Ross: Hello to the rest.
哈喽各位。
All: Hi!
嗨!
Joey: Monica what're you doing? You can't go shopping with her? What about Rachel?
Monica,你在干什么呢?你不能跟她去购物,Rachel怎么办啊?
Monica: It's gonna be a problem, isn't it?
会有问题,对不对?
Chandler: Come on, you're going to Bloomingdales with Julie? That's like cheating on Rachel in her house of worship.
别那样啦,你要跟Julie去布明戴尔?就像是到Rachel家中偷汉子。
Monica: But I'm—
但是我——
Phoebe: Monica, she will kill you. She will kill you like a dog in the street.
Monica,她会宰了你。她会宰了你就像宰街上的流浪狗。
Ross: So, uh, Julie tells me you guys are going shopping tomorrow?
Julie说你们明天要去逛街?
Monica: Yeah, uh, it's actually not that big a deal.
是,嗯,其实没有什么大事。
Ross: It's a big deal to me. This is great, Monica. I really appreciate this.
对我很重要,非常重要。我非常感激你这么做。
Monica: You're welcome.
别客气。
Phoebe: Woof, woof.
(狗的)低吠声。
Joey: Bijan for men? Bijan for men? Bijan for men? Hey Annabelle.
碧而泉男性香水?嗨,Annabelle。
Annabelle: Hey, Joey. So did you hear about the new guy?
听说过新来的人吗?
Joey: Who?
谁?
Annabelle: Nobody knows his name. Me and the girls just call him the Hombre man.
没人知道他的名字。我们女生都叫他“原野奇侠”。
Joey: What's he doing in my section?
他到我这一区干什么?
Annabelle: I guess he doesn't know.
我想他不知道。
Joey: Well, he's gonna. I'll see you a little later, ok?
他必须知道。待会见你好吗?

影片简介

Carol给本喂奶,Joey和Chandler赶紧回避。Phoebe为确认奶水的温度,尝了尝奶瓶里的母乳,Ross反应强烈,成人怎么可以喝人奶呢?Julie邀人购物,Phoebe怕得罪Rachel,借故推脱,Monica为表示友善答应同去:虽然偷偷摸摸,但却欲盖弥彰,Rachel最终发现真相,感觉自己被背叛。两人的争吵听来仿佛Monica有了“外遇”。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

1. Bloomingdales: n.布鲁明戴尔百货公司:纽约曼哈顿地区的著名百货公司

2. Bijan:(比詹)高端品牌香水于1987年出自贝弗利山的著名男装设计师Bijan之手。是世界各地精品店的顶级香水

3. Hombre: n.男人,西班牙系的人,男子汉

短语精讲:

1. under breath: 低声悄语地(小声地)

eg. The lovely one whispers under her breath.
可爱的她只说了一句悄悄话。

2. take advantage of: 占……的便宜

eg. Please take advantage of these if you have any questions or doubts!
如果你还有任何问题或怀疑,请利用这些!

3. What about:(对于)……怎么样

eg. What about those of us who have average children?
那些有普通孩子的人怎么样呢?

4. cheat on: (在男女关系上)对……不忠

eg. Like when you cheat on exams and the teacher caught you.
就像考试作弊被老师当场抓个正着一样。

eg. Why do some men and women cheat on their partners while others resist the temptation?
为什么有些人会欺骗自己的伴侣,而另一些能抵抗住诱惑?

简单口语:

There you go. (口语)就这样了。

eg. There you go. I've told you the four thunderstorms—disappointment, frustration, unfairness and isolation.
就是这些,我已经向你们讲述了生活中的四大威胁——失望、沮丧、不公和与人隔绝。

分享到
重点单词
  • frustrationn. 挫折,令人沮丧的东西
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • resistv. 抵抗,反抗,抵制,忍住 n. 防蚀涂层
  • discountn. 折扣,贴现率 vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重视,不全信
  • temptationn. 诱惑,引诱
  • disappointmentn. 失望,令人失望的人或事
  • worshipn. 崇拜,爱慕,做礼拜 vi. 做礼拜 vt. 崇拜,
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于