《老友记》视听精讲第110课:斗不过有戒指的
日期:2012-07-20 18:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Joey:Ma! What're you doing here?
嗨,你在这里做什么?
Mrs. Tribbiani:I came to give you this and this.
我拿这个来给你,还有这个。
Joey:Oww! Big ring!
头好晕!
Mrs. Tribbiani:Why did you have to fill your father's head with all that garbage about making things right? Things were fine the way they were! There's chicken in there, put it away. For God's sake, Joey, really.
你为何讲一大堆要你爸改正的垃圾?何不顺其自然呢?里面有鸡肉,拿去放,拜托,Joey,真的。
Joey:Hold on, youyou knew?
慢着,你都知道?
Mrs. Tribbiani:Of course I knew! What did you think? Your father is no James Bond. You should've heard some of his cover stories. "I'm sleeping over at my accountant's," I mean, what is that? Please!
我当然知道,你认为呢?你爸又不是詹姆士庞德,你应该听过他的谎言,“我在会计这儿睡”,那是什么?拜托!
Joey:So then how could you I mean, how could you?
那么刚才我说了什么,你怎么能?
Mrs. Tribbiani:Do you remember how your father used to be? Always yelling, always yelling nothing made him happy, nothing made him happy,not that wood shop, not those stupid little ships in the bottle, nothing. Now he's happy! I mean, it's nice, he has a hobby.
你怎能……记得你爸以前的模样吗?总是大吼大叫,总是不开心。连木店和瓶内的小船也无法让他开心,这样也好,他总算有个嗜好。
Joey:Ma, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but... what the hell are you talking about?! I mean what about you?
妈,恕我直言,你到底在说什么?
Mrs. Tribbiani:Me? I'm fine. Look, honey, in an ideal world, there'd be no her, and your father would look like Sting. And I'll tell you something else. Ever since that poodlestuffer came along,he's been so ashamed of himself that he's been more attentive, he's been more loving... I mean, it's like every day's our anniversary.
我呢?我很好啊,在理想的世界中没有她,你爸也长得和史汀一样帅,再告诉你别的,自从那女人出现后,他感到内疚而开始对我体贴每天都像我们的结婚纪念日。
Joey:I'm...happy...for you?
我该为你高兴?
Mrs. Tribbiani:Well don't be, because now everything's screwed up. I just want it the way it was.
不需要,因为现在全搞砸了,我只想回到从前。
Joey:Ma, I'm sorry. I just did what I thought you would want.
妈,对不起, 我以为自己做了你想做的事。
Mrs. Tribbiani:I know you did, cookie. Oh, I know you did. So tell me. Did you see her?
我知道, 告诉我,你看见她没?
Joey:Yeah. You're ten times prettier than she is.
你比她漂亮多了。
Mrs. Tribbiani:That's sweet. Could I take her?
嘴巴真甜, 我能斗得过她吗?
Joey:With this ring? No contest.
你有戒指,她斗不过的。

重点讲解

单词回顾:

1. cover: 封面
2. anniversary: 结婚周年纪念日
3. stuffer: 填充物
3. big ring: 头好晕
4. engagement: 订婚 engagement ring: 订婚戒指
5. attentive: 体贴的
6. loving: 钟情的
7. disrespectful: 失礼的

小故事:

James Bond : 詹姆斯·邦德英国电影中的主角(20世纪50年代时期的一个英国间谍,为各种国际事件四处活动)

词组学习:
1.put away文中是“储存……备用”的意思:

eg. The child was taught to put away her toys and clothes to keep her room neat.
那孩子被教导要将玩具和衣服收拾好,以保持房间的整洁。

还有“抛弃,放好”的意思:

eg. But when I became a man , I put away all childish things.
但我成为一个男人,我就抛弃了所有小孩子的东西。

eg. She put away her powder compact and smiled kindly.
她放好了粉盒,慈祥地微笑着。

2.sleep over文中是“借宿,在别人家里过夜”的意思:

eg. We will sleep over at Grandma's tonight.
我们今晚要在奶奶家过夜。

还有“忽视”的意思:

eg. While this is not something to lose sleep over, people should know where their information is going.
这虽然不是什么需要过分担心的事,但是人们应该知道他们的信息去了哪里。

3.what the hell 究竟是什么

eg. What the hell are you doing reading this on the weekend.
你这个周末究竟在干些什么? 就是看这篇文章吗?

4.come along 到来,出现

eg. In a perfect world, Napster wouldn't have come along.
在完美的世界里,不会有纳普斯特这种公司出现。

5.be/feel ashamed of oneself 感到羞耻

eg. No matter Who has pulled out that tree, one will feel ashamed of oneself.
无论是谁拔掉了那颗树,都应该为自己感到羞愧。

6.screw up: 弄糟

eg. The truth is that most people mean well, even if they screw up every now and then.
事实上,许多人都是好意,即便他们是不是地把事情办砸。

分享到
重点单词
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • disrespectfuladj. 无礼的;失礼的;不尊敬的
  • stingn. 刺痛刺,讽刺 vt. 刺痛,使苦恼,欺诈 vi.
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • contestn. 竞赛,比赛 vt. 竞赛,争取 vi. 奋斗
  • accountantn. 会计人员
  • compactn. 合约条约,梳妆粉盒 adj. 紧凑的,紧密的,简洁
  • powdern. 粉,粉末,细雪,火药 vt. 洒粉于,使变成粉,重
  • attentiveadj. 注意的,留意的