《老友记》视听精讲第117课:烧毁男友物品失控的事件
日期:2012-08-16 16:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: So are you actually from New York?
你真的从纽约来的?
Kristin: Not originally. I'm from...
本来不是,我从……
Carol: Oh no. I thought you said they could shoot the spot without you.
哦,不,你说他们可以自己做。
Susan: I thought they could... The maxipads were a piece of cake. Minipads should be that much easier.
我本来也这样想……最大版都是小菜一碟,最小版当然是更简单一些了啊。
Carol: It's Valentine's Day.
但现在是情人节。
Susan: I know. but it's my job. I'll try to get back as soon as I can. I'm sorry.
我知道,但这是我的工作。我会尽快赶回来的,对不起。
Kristin: I'm spending most of my time teaching science... which is funny because, that wasn't even my major.
但我大部分时间都在教科学。有趣的是,我又不是主修这个。
Ross: Now that is funny. Hey, do you think... would it be too weird if I invited Carol over to join us? 'Cause she's, she's alone now, and pregnant, and, and sad.
这可真是有趣。嘿,你觉得……如果我邀请Carol过来会不会显得有些奇怪?因为她现在就一个人,而且还怀孕了,心情又不好。
Kristin: I guess.
大概吧。
Ross: Are you sure? Great. Carol? Wanna come over and join us?
你确定吗?太好了。Carol,想过来和我们一起坐吗?
Carol: Oh, no no no. I'm fine. I'm fine.
哦,不,不,不,我很好,我很好。
Ross: Come on. These people'll scooch down. You guys'll scooch, won't you? Let's try scooching! Come on. Come on. Uh, Kristen Riggs, this is Carol Willick. Carol, Kristin. Uh, Carol teaches sixth grade. And, Kristin, Kristin ...does something that, funnily enough, wasn't even her major!
来吧。这些人会挪过去的,各位挪过去好吗,动起来,拜托。Kristin Riggs,这是Carol Willick。Carol,Kristin。恩,Carol教六年级。然后,Kristin,Kristin...的职业是,很有趣,因为那不是她的主修!
Rachel: Thanks for coming over.
谢谢你们能来。
Fireman No.1: Not at all. It's pretty our job.
没关系,这是我们的工作。
Fireman No.2: That's why we get the cool hats.
这就是我们为什么戴这么酷的帽子啊。
Fireman No.3: What do we got there?
里面都有什么?
Fireman No.1: A piece of something: boxer shorts, greeting cards, and what looks like a halfcharred picture—Wow, that guy's hairier than the Chief!
一些东西的碎片:短裤、贺卡,烧得半焦的相片,哦,那个人的体毛比队长还浓密!
Monica: You know, it's a really funny story how this happened. I was taking out the trash, and Phoebe was burning incense.
这件事说来好笑。我拿出垃圾桶,Phoebe点燃熏香。
Fireman No.2: It's all right. It's all right. You don't have to explain. This isn't the first boyfriend bonfire that we've seen get out of control.
没关系,没关系的。你们不用解释,这不是第一件烧毁男友物品失控的事件了。
Fireman No.3: You're our third call tonight.
这已是今晚的第三件。
Rachel: Really?
真的?
Fireman No.1: Oh, sure, Valentine's is our busiest night of the year.
哦,当然,情人节之夜是我们一年里最忙的时候。

重点讲解

单词回顾:

1. original: 最初的

eg. She was distracted from her original interest.
她改变了自己原有的兴趣。

eg. They accepted his advice and rescinded the original plan.
他们听从了他的劝告,撤销了原计划。

2.maxi: maximum的缩略:特大的
mini: minimum的缩写:小型的

3. greeting card: 贺年片

4. charred: 烧焦的

eg. The table was badly charred by a flatiron.
这张桌子被熨斗烧焦。

词组学习:

1. shoot the spot: 解决困难
shoot: 射击 spot: [口语]处境,(尤指)困境

eg. I thought you said they could shoot the spot without you.
你不是说他们没有你也能解决吗。

2. scooch down: 挪过去

eg. Lie on your back with legs spread far apart then scooch down to position yourself under the flow of water from the tub faucet.
平躺,双腿尽量张开,然后挪到水龙头下,让水流流到身上。

3. out of control: 失去控制

eg. If anger is an ally in life, when out of control, it can quickly turn into a nightmare.
如果说愤怒是生活的一个伙伴,当失去控制的时候,它将会成为梦魇。

分享到
重点单词
  • originaladj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的 n. 原件
  • incensen. 香,香味,阿谀,恭维 vt. 对 ... 敬香,熏
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • allyn. 同盟者,同盟国,伙伴 v. (使)结盟,(使)联合
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • faucetn. 水龙头