《老友记》视听精讲第161期:我十二岁了,我不笨
日期:2012-10-31 17:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler: Then with authority, hang up.
还挂着……证书。
Ross: Will you just leave her the massage?
你到底留言好不?
Chandler: Ok, all right, fine.
好的,好的。
Chandler: Oh, Danielle! I wasn't expecting the machine... Give me a call when you get a chance. Byebye. Oh, God!
没想到是答录机接的有空请回电再见。
Monica: That's what you've been working on for the past two hours?!
你这两小时都在忙这个?
Chandler: Hey, I've been honing!
我在演练。
Ross: What was with the dishes?
和盘子有何关系?
Chandler: Oh, uh.. I want her to think I might be in a restaurant... You know? I might have some kind of life, like I haven't been sitting around here honing for the past few hours.
我要她以为我在餐厅,我过着不错的生活,不是只在这儿演练数小时的样子。
Monica: Look look! He's doing it again, the guy with the telescope!
看,又是那个拿望远镜的人。
Phoebe: Oh my God! Go away! Stop looking in here!
拜托,走开,别再往这儿看。
Monica: Great, now he's waving back.
这下可好,他也挥手了。
Joey: Man, we gotta do something about that guy. This morning, I caught him looking into our apartment. It creeps me out! I feel like I can't do stuff!
我们得想办法阻止他,早上我逮到他往这儿看,真是令我毛骨惊然,我感觉自己无法办事。
Monica: What kind of stuff?
什么样的事情呀?
Joey: Will you grow up? I'm not talking about sexy stuff, but, like, when I'm cooking naked.
成熟点行吗?我不是指性,我只是光着屁股做饭。
Phoebe: You cook naked?
你光着屁股做饭?
Joey: Yeah, toast, oatmeal... nothing that spatters.
不会溅出来的东西。
Chandler: What are you looking at me for? I didn't know that.
看我干嘛?我毫不知情。
Barry: What's the matter?
怎么了?
Rachel: Oh, it's just... Oh, Barry, this was not good.
Barry,这样不好。
Barry: No, it was. It was very very good.
不,不,是非常非常好。
Rachel: Well, what about Mindy?
Mindy怎么样?
Barry: Oh, way, way better than Mindy.
非常我们干得比Mindy好多了。
Rachel: No, not that, I mean, what about you and Mindy?
不,我是指你和Mindy?
Barry: Well, if you want, I'll just—I'll just break it off with her.
如果你愿意我就和她分手。
Rachel: No. Nononono, no. I mean, don't do that. Not, I mean not for me.
万万不行,别那样做, 别为我那样做。
Bernice: Dr. Farber, Bobby Rush is here for his adjustment.
法大夫,Bobby 来做调整。
Barry: Thanks, Bernice. Let's go away this weekend.
谢谢。我们周末去渡假。
Rachel: Oh, Barry..! Come on, this is all way too..
Barry,这样太……
Barry: We can, we can go to Aruba! When I went there on what would have been our honeymoon, it was, uh... it was really nice. You would've liked it.
不,或许我们可以去阿鲁巳。我在”蜜月”时去过了,感觉很棒,你一定会喜欢的。
Rachel: I had a bra.
我本来有穿胸罩。
Bobby: Hey, Dr. Farber.
法大夫。
Barry: All right Miss Green, everything looks fine... Yep, I think we're starting to see some real progress here.
格林小姐,看来一切正常,进步许多!
Rachel: What?
干嘛?
Bobby: I'm twelve, I'm not stupid.
我十二岁了,我不笨。

影片简介

大家在争论花生酱饼干和咸味饼孰优孰劣时,发现有人在用望远镜向室内偷窥:Joey发现那是个不错的女人。众人埋怨偷窥者举止下流,Phoebe窥见丑陋裸男穿着重力靴,大家又蜂拥去看。Chandler和Danielle约会感觉非常好,他很想打电话给她却又不想显得太猴急。Rachel想安慰Barry,结果却和他上了床;当她与Barry的现任未婚妻Mindy碰面交谈之后,Rachel发现Barry惯于脚踏两船,真不是个东西。

重点讲解

背景介绍:

Aruba: 位于加勒比海南部小安的列斯群岛最西端。面积193平方千米。人口9.14万(1997年)。主要为印欧混血种人。居民多数信奉天主教,少数信奉基督教新教。官方语言为荷兰语,但通用帕皮阿门托语,也讲西班牙语和英语。首府奥拉涅斯塔德。

词组学习:

1. hang up: 把……挂起;挂断

eg. If they decline, the operator will hang up.
如果他拒绝,接线员就会挂断电话。

eg. Always say goodbye before you hang up the phone.
别忘了在挂断电话之前要与对方说再见。

2. creep out: 偷偷溜出 creep sb.out: 吓了一跳,大吃一惊

eg. At night, he would creep out of the house like a spook.
夜间,他常常像幽灵一般地从家里偷偷地出来。

eg. Mimes creep me out.
我最怕哑剧演员了。

3. break (it) off with sb: 与……断绝交往

eg. When she found that her boyfriend took drugs, she decided to break off with him.
她发现男友吸毒后,决定和他断绝关系。

eg. I promised to break off with her, as long as seeing her again.
我答应和她断绝来往,只要再见她一面。

经典口语句子:

All right, everything looks fine!
好的,一切都看起来不错!(看来一切正常!)

类似的句子:Everything's gonna be fine! (gonna=going to)

eg. Colder, crying over your shoulder, hold her, tell her everything's gonna be fine.
库尔德,在你肩膀上哭泣,抱紧她,告诉她一切都会变好的。

分享到
重点单词
  • adjustmentn. 调整
  • declinen. 衰微,跌落; 晚年 v. 降低,婉谢
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,