《老友记》视听精讲第182期:老实说我知道太多内幕了
日期:2012-12-06 16:39

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: Where are you going?
你要上哪儿去?
Phoebe: Um, oh, I've got a birthday party, with some work people.
我要和同事去参加生日会。
Chandler: Work people? Nobody told me.
同事?没人跟我说?
Phoebe: No, I know. That's a part of the whole, you know, them not liking you extravaganza.
我知道,他们中的一部分不希望你大驾光临。
Chandler: You know, I don't get this. A month ago, these people were my friends. You know, just because I'm in charge doesn't mean I'm a different person.
你知道,我迷糊了。一个月前他们是我朋友,当上主管并不代表我会变。
Phoebe: Well, then you should come tonight. You know, just hang out with them. Let them see what a great guy you still are.
那么说你今晚该来。和他们多相处,让他们知道你还是个大好人。
Chandler: You think I should?
你真的认为我该去
Phoebe: I really do, yeah.
对,你该去。
Chandler: Okay.
好的。
Phoebe: Okay.
好的。
Chandler: Okay.
好的。
Phoebe: Oh, but, could we not go together? I,I don't wanna be the geek that invited the boss.
我们能不一起去吗,我不想成为邀请上司的家伙。
Ross: Hey, you okey?
你还好吧?
Monica: Yeah.
还好。
Ross: This can't be easy for him either.
这对他来说也不容易。
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: This may take him sometime to get over it... but,then at four Muppet Babies is on.
这对他来说可能需要一段时间来克服,但是,四点闪电侠就要开始了。
Chandler: Go deep, deep. Sorry, Shelly. See, with the fun? I think last night was great. You know, the Karaoke thing. Tracy and I doing Ebony and Ivory.
在深点,深点。对不起,Shelly。你看见没,很开心?昨晚真是太棒了,卡拉0K,我和Tracy合唱了首《乌木与象牙》。
Phoebe: You were great. But they still made fun of you.
你表现得很好,大家仍然取笑你。
Chandler: What?
什么?
Phoebe: You know, now you're more like, you know like, "Mr. Caring Boss," "Mr.", you know, "I'm one of you, Boss," "Mr., I wanna be your buddy, Boss Man Bing!"
你现在成了“管家婆”上司,“我要你”上司,“称兄道弟”上司。
Chandler: Then, I don't get it.
我更迷糊了。
Phoebe: Well, you know what Chandler? I think you've gotta face it. You're like, the guy in the big office, you know. You're the one that hires them, and that fires them... They still say you're a great boss.
Chandler,你得面对现实,你像个坐在大办室里的人一样,有权录取他们,也有权开除他们,他们仍说你是个好上司。
Chandler: They do?
他们会吗?
Phoebe: Uh huh. But they're not your friends anymore.
但是他们不再是你的朋友
Chandler: I just want to...
我只是想……
Phoebe: No, but you can't.
你不能。
Chandler: But I just wa...
你不是要去……
Phoebe: Uh uh.
嗯。
Monica: Aren't you gonna...
不是要去……
Ross: Oh, Carol and I have a new system. If she punches in 911, it means she's having a baby, otherwise I just ignore it.
卡萝和我有了新系统,如果打911就代表她将生产,否则我就根本不理会。
Joey: What about Andr?
Andr怎么样?
Ross: Oh, well this morning he got a call from whom I think was our cousin Nathan, and frankly, it was a little more than I needed to know.
早上他接到我表弟Nathan的电话,老实说我知道太多内幕了。

影片简介

Rachel大做春梦——先是和Chandler,第二天梦见和Chandler及Joey(不过太多时间是后两人在忙乎),第三个梦终于是和Ross。Phoebe想做兼职赚钱,所以给Chandler做秘书。Chandler由此发现同僚们不再像以前那样喜欢他……甚至模仿他讲话的语气取乐。Monica和大二年级生Ethan约会,后来方知此君竟然是——高中二年级生,她无法接受遂于之分手。

重点讲解

词组学习:

1. in charge: 负责,主管;在……看管下

eg. Nobody decided whether to turn left or right, or even to turn at all. Nobody was in charge.
没有人决定是向左转还是向右转,甚至根本没人决定转向,没有主要的负责人。

2. hang out with: 与……出去玩;与……闲逛

eg. Which friend should we hang out with?
我们会和哪位朋友一起逛街?

eg. Hang out with people who inspire you to take action.
经常与那些能够激励你采取行动的人在一起。

3. get over: 从……中恢复过来

eg. It took me a very long time to get over the shock of her death.
我过了很长时间才从她去世的震惊中恢复过来。

4. make fun of: 取笑

eg. It's cruel to make fun of a cripple.
取笑瘸子是残忍的。

eg. Do not make fun of anyone for any reason.
不要因为任何原因去取笑别人。

5. punch in: 打上班钟卡

eg. He would get up and get ready for work, eat, and punch in at 6 p.m.
他通常起床、准备上班、吃饭,然后在下午6:00打卡上班。

分享到
重点单词
  • ivoryn. 象牙,乳白色 adj. 象牙制的,乳白色的
  • inspirevt. 影响,使 ... 感动,激发,煽动 vi. 吸入
  • ignorevt. 不顾,不理,忽视
  • punchn. 打洞器,钻孔机,殴打 n. (酒、水、糖等制成的)