《老友记》视听精讲第101课:他调戏我
日期:2012-06-13 09:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler:Ok, so it's just because it was my table, I have to buy a new one?
那么就因为这是我的桌子,就得让我买新的?
Joey:That's the rule.
对, 这是规矩。
Chandler:What rule? There's no rule, if anything, you owe me a table!
什么规矩?没有什么规矩,如果有的话,规矩就是你欠我个桌子!
Joey:How would you get to that?
你从哪得的这个结论?
Chandler:Well, I believe the piece of furniture was fine until your little breakfast adventure with Angela Delvecchio.
这个桌子一直很结实直到你开始在早餐时蹂躏黄油。
Joey:You knew about that?
你知道这事?
Chandler:Well, let's just say the impressions you made in the butter left little to the imagination.
这么说吧,看到那罐黄油的惨相,根本连想象都省了。
Joey:Ok, ok, How about if we split it?
好吧,那我们合伙买怎么样?
Chandler:What do you mean, like, buy it together?
你什么意思,一起买?
Joey:Yeah.
是呀。
Chandler:You think we're ready for something like that?
你认为我们的关系进展到这个的程度了么?
Joey:Why not?
为什么不?
Chandler:Well, it's a pretty big commitment, I mean, what if one of us wants to move out?
这可是个很大的承诺, 我意思是, 要是有人想搬出去呢?
Joey:Why, are you moving out?
为什么,你要搬吗?
Chandler:I'm not moving out.
我不搬呐。
Joey:You could tell me if you were moving out right.
你要是搬的话得告诉我好吗?
Chandler:Yeah, yeah, it's just that with my last roommate Kip...
好,好,只是我上个室友Kip……
Joey:Aw, I know all about Kip!
噢,我知道Kip所有的事!
Chandler:We bought a hibachi together, and then he ran off and got married, and things got pretty ugly.
我们一起买了个日式古桌,后来他要结婚走人,结果事情搞得很糟。
Joey:Well, let me ask you something, was Kip a better roommate than me?
好吧,我问你个问题,作为室友Kip比我好吗?
Chandler:Aw, don't do that.
噢,别这么问。
Phoebe's Assistant:We've got a couple changes in your schedule. Your 4:00 herbal massage has been pushed back to 4:30 and Miss Somerfield canceled her 5:30 shiatsu.
你的日程有些变化.你4:00的香蕈按摩推迟到4:30,还有Somerfield太太取消了5:30的日式指压。
Phoebe:Ok, thanks.
好,谢谢。
Phoebe's Assistant:Oh, here comes your 3:00. I don't mean to sound unprofessional, but, yum.
哦,你3:00的顾客来了。我不想表现的不专业,但是,很迷人哦……
Paolo:Buon Giorno, Bella Phoebe!
Buon Giorno, Bella Phoebe!
Phoebe:Oh, Paolo, hi, what are you doing here?
哦, Paolo, 你好, 有何贵干?
Paolo:Uh, Racquela tell me you massage, eh?
嗯, Racquela告诉我你按摩, 是么?
Phoebe:Well, Racquela's right, yeah!
Racquela's说得对……
Phoebe:Oh, okay, I don't know what you just said, so let's get started.
噢……我不知道你刚才说什么,我们开始吧。
Paolo:Uh, I am, uh, being naked?
嗯, 需要我裸体么?
Phoebe:Um, that's really your decision, I mean, some people prefer, you know, to take off...oh whoops! You're being naked!
嗯,这就是个人喜好了, 我是说,有的人喜欢脱...噢! 你光着身子!
Rachel:I can't believe you don't want to know. I mean, I couldn't not know, I mean, if, if the doctor knows, and Carol knows, and Susan knows...
我不能相信你不想知道。我意思是,我可不能不知道,如果,如果医生知道,Carol知道,还有Susan 知道的话……
Monica:And Monica knows...
还有Monica知道……
Ross:Wha, heh, how could you know, I don't even know!
你怎么知道的,我都不知道!
Monica:Carol called me to thank me for the lasagna, I asked, she told me.
Carol因为面条打电话道谢,我问他,她就告诉我了。
Joey:So what's it gonna be?
那么孩子的性别是?
Ross:Wait—oh—hey—huh, oh great now he knows, and I don't know!
等一下,嘿, 哈, 太好了, 现在他都知道了,我却不知道!
Monica:I'm sorry, I'm just excited about being an aunt!
对不起, 只是我当了姑姑,太兴奋了!
Joey:Or an uncle...
还有叔叔……
Joey and Chandler:Hey Phoebe!
嘿,Phoebe.
Ross:Hi Pheebs!
嘿,Phoebe.
Rachel:Pheebs!
Phoebe!
Phoebe:Fine!
很好!
Monica:Phoebe, what's the matter?
Phoebe,怎么了?
Phoebe:Nothing, I'm sorry, I'm just, I'm out of sorts.
没什么, 对不起, 我就是, 我不舒服。
Chandler:Well, you can use some of my sorts. I rarely use them.
好的,你可以用我的sorts。我很少用到。
Customer:Hey, can we get some cappuccino over here?
嘿, 能给我们上些咖啡么?
Rachel:Oh, right, that's me!
哦, 对, 是叫我!
Joey:Hey, Chandler, that table place closes at 7, come on.
嘿, Chandler , 那个卖桌子的地方7点就关门了, 走吧。
Chandler:Fine.
好吧。
Monica:Phoebe, what is it?
Phoebe,怎么了?
Phoebe:All right, you know Paolo?
好吧,你知道Paolo?
Ross:I'm familiar with his work, yes...
我了解他那点把戏的,是的……
Phoebe:Well, he made a move on me.
他调戏我。
Joey:Whoa, store will be open tomorrow!
别急,商店明天还会开!
Chandler:More coffee over here, please!
请再来点咖啡!

要点讲解
词汇回顾:
1. Angela Delvecchio: 一个黄油的牌子
hibachi: (日本)木炭火盆
shiatsu: (Jap.)〈医〉指压,指压按摩疗法

2. Impressions: 压痕,印迹
3. split: 分担
4. commitment: 承诺
5. work: [口语]坏事,不可告人的勾当,欺骗行为;卑鄙的勾当
6. massage: 按摩
7. yum: 极好的,妙的
8. frantically : 疯狂地

短语学习:

1.move out: 搬出

eg. I was five when I began counting down the years until my sister would move out.
我从五岁起,就开始倒数计时看我姐姐将何时离开家搬出去住。

eg. When young people do move out, they are more likely to rent than buy.
即便年轻人真的搬出去了,他们也更有可能租车而不买车。

eg. His ambition is to get a job, keep it and move out.
他的愿望就是有一份工作,保住它,然后搬出去。

2.what if: 如果……将会怎样?

eg. What if I have no debts?
如果我没债务怎么办?

eg. One of each? What if you have triplets?
假如生了三胞胎会怎么样?

eg. What if this is all there is to our life?
如果这一切就是我们的生活,怎么办?

3.take off: 脱下(衣帽、鞋子等)

Margaret never failed first to take off her make- up and hang up the clothes she had stepped out of.
玛格丽特从不忘记取下化妆品,把脱下的衣服挂整齐。

To find your perfect heel height, take off your shoes, sit on a chair and extend one leg straight in front of you.
要找到你最合适的鞋跟高度,首先脱下你的鞋子,坐在椅子上,并向前伸直一条腿。

4.run off: 走掉, 离开

How dare you run off like that?
你们竟敢就那样跑开?

Staying with him seems more sensible, but if he does run off you will have limited negotiating power.
和他在一起但不结婚似乎更明智一些,但如果他真的离开你,你的谈判实力将很有限;

5.push back: 推迟

Some have begun to push back against this bill, and I am very happy to address their concerns.
一些人已经开始推动对这个法案的反击了,我很乐意看到他们站出来发表自己的看法。

Two new projects, however, aim to push back both these limits.
所幸的是,两个新项目正在努力打破这些限制。

6.out of sorts: [口语] 心情不好sort: 态度;种类

Slouched into work feeling tired, flat and thoroughly out of sorts.
懒散地开始工作,感觉疲惫、乏力,而且一点儿都不高兴。

It's best to just let people know that you haven't had enough sleep and that you feel both tired and out of sorts.
最好就是让人们知道,你没有足够的睡眠,以至让你感到累、没精打采。

Everyone seemed rather out of sorts and inclined to croak .
每个人似乎都有点不对劲,想发发牢骚。

7.make a move: 采取行动,开始行动

To make a move, to wake people up.
为了使人震动,把人惊醒。

All day long, every time you make a move, you will be depending on the code that’s already there.
一整天,每当你开始动手,都要依赖已有的代码。

分享到
重点单词
  • extendv. 扩充,延伸,伸展,扩展
  • limitedadj. 有限的,被限制的 动词limit的过去式和过去
  • ambitionn. 雄心,野心,抱负,精力 vt. 有 ... 野心,
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • adventuren. 冒险,奇遇 vt. 冒险,尝试 vi. 大胆进行,
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • croakv. 嗄嗄叫,发牢骚,死 n. 嗄嗄声,哇哇声