《老友记》视听精讲第179期:如果你能坦白,我想我也能
日期:2012-11-30 17:52

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Young Ethan: Oh, ah. I should go.
我该走了。
Monica: Okay.
好的。
Young Ethan: Okay.
好的。
Monica: Unless...
除非……
Young Ethan: What?
什么?
Monica: Uh, ah. Unless you wanna stay over? I mean, I'm going to, so...
除非你要在这儿过夜,我反正要在这里过夜……
Young Ethan: Yeah, I'd really like that.
我也很想。
Young Ethan: Uuh, before we get into any stayingover stuff, there is something you should know.
在我们考虑留宿的事之前,我有些事情得告诉你。
Monica: Okay, is this like "I have an early class tomorrow" or "I'm secretly married to a goat?"
明天一早有课?还是你已经与什么家伙秘密结婚了?
Young Ethan: Well it's somewhere in between. You see, in a strictly technical sense, of course, I'm not uh..., well I, I mean I haven't ever uh...
在这两者之间,就严格的技术上而言,当然,我还没……
Monica: Ethan?
Ethan?
Young Ethan: Yeah?
啊?
Monica: Are you a virgin?
你是个处男?
Young Ethan: Well, if that's what you kids are calling it these days then, yes I am.
如果你们这些孩子,现在这样称呼的话,对,我是个处男。
Monica: I mean you're just such a good kisser, I would never have known.
我是说,你确实是个很会接吻的家伙,我没想到。
Young Ethan: Well, I've excelled every level I've been to, I just…I just haven't been to that particular one yet. I uh, I've kinda been waiting for the right person.
嗯,我在自己涉足的每个领域都是优秀的。我还没有遇到一个特别的人。我,是在等待一个正确的人。
Young Ethan: Wow!
喔!
Monica: You keep saying that.
你一直哇个不停。
Young Ethan: You know, you read about it, you see it in the movies. Even when you practice it at home, man oh man, it is nothing like that.
书报杂志,电影上不断出现,甚至在家里练习,跟这感觉实在没得比。
Monica: Listen, listen, uh, you told me something that was really difficult for you. And I, II figured if you could be honest, then I can to.
听着,你说你有些困扰,如果你能坦白,我想我也能。
Young Ethan: Oh god, don't tell me I did it wrong.
别告诉我是我做错了。
Monica: Nono. Nothing wrong about that.
不,那件事你没做错。
Young Ethan: Oh.
喔。
Monica: Um, okay, here it goes. I'm not 22. I'm, I'm 25... and thirteen months.
我说了。我不是22岁,我是25岁,又13个月。

影片简介

Rachel大做春梦——先是和Chandler,第二天梦见和Chandler及Joey(不过太多时间是后两人在忙乎),第三个梦终于是和Ross。Phoebe想做兼职赚钱,所以给Chandler做秘书。Chandler由此发现同僚们不再像以前那样喜欢他……甚至模仿他讲话的语气取乐。Monica和大二年级生Ethan约会,后来方知此君竟然是——高中二年级生,她无法接受遂于之分手。

重点讲解

词组讲解:

stay over 过夜,寄宿

eg. Can't you stay over Sunday?
你不能呆过星期天再走吗?

eg. I worked in my local pub and over the weekends and some times during the week I would stay over there with the other bar manager.
我和朋友在本地开了家酒吧,周末的时候,并和朋友一起住在酒吧里,偶尔工作日也会住在那儿。


简单口语句子:

It's somewhere in between. 在这两者之间。

in between 在……之间;在中间;介乎两者之间;在期……间

eg. In between, they cut deals with the British.
在中间,他们分割对待英国人。

eg. Please work this old woman in between other appointments.
请把这位老妇人安排在其他预约病人中间。

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • strictlyadv. 严格地
  • technicaladj. 技术的,工艺的
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目