《老友记》视听精讲第232期:让我们从你的童年开始
日期:2013-03-18 10:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Phoebe: Oh. Well is she, is she the first that you've been with?
她是不是你的第一个女人?
Duncan: Well, I've never told you this but, there were one or two times, back in college, when I'd get really drunk, go to a straight bar and wake up with a woman next to me. But I, I, I told myself it was the liquor, and eeveryone experiments in college.
我从来没告诉过你……不过可能在大学里有一两次,我喝得大醉,去了异性恋酒吧,醒来时身旁有个女人,我以为这是因为喝酒而且大学每个人都在摸索。
Phoebe: Sure.
当然。
Duncan: But now I know I don't have a choice about this, I was born this way.
现在我知道我没有选择我生下来就是如此!
Phoebe: I, I don't know what to say. I mean, you know, you're married to someone for six years and you think you know him and then one day says, 'Oh, I'm not gay.'
我不知道该说什么。嫁给一个人六年以为自己很了解他,我不是同性恋。
Duncan: I'm, I'm still me.
我还是我。
Phoebe: Why couldn't you have just figured this out six years ago?
你为什么在六年前没有发现这件事?
Monica: You know, it still smells like monkey in there.
里面间起来还是有猴骚味。
Julie: That saves us a conversation.
我们又有话可聊了。
Chandler: Well, listen, this has been great but I'm officially wiped.
今晚很好玩,我太开心了。
Joey: Me too, we should get going.
我也是,我们该走了。
Rachel: No, no, I mean, no, c'mon you guys, I mean, c'mon look it's only eleven thirty. Let's just talk, we never just hang out and talk anymore.
不!你们别这样,现在才十一点半。让我们好好聊聊我们最近都没有一起聊过天。
Monica: Rachel, that's all we do.
Rachel, 我们在一起只有聊天。
Rachel: Maybe that's all we do, what about Julie?
也许我们是如此,但是Julie呢?
Julie: What about Julie?
Julie怎么样?
Rachel: Well, you have been in our lives for nearly two months now and we don't really know you. I mean, who is Julie? I mean, what do you like, what don't you like? We wanna hear everything.
你已经加入我们将近两个月了,我们还没有真正认识你。Julie究竟是什么样的人?你喜欢什么?不喜欢什么?我们什么都要知道。
Julie: Well, that could take a while.
这可能要花一段时间。
Rachel: So. I mean, who here does not have the time to get to know Julie?
所以呢,谁没有时间更认识Julie?
Chandler: I got the time to get to know Julie.
我有时间来认识Julie.
Joey: I got time.
我有时间。
Monica: Rach, I know her pretty well, can I go? That's fine.
我跟她很熟了,我能回去吗?没关系。
Rachel: OK Julie, so now let's start with your childhood, what was that like?
让我们从你的童年开始,你的童年是怎么样?
Julie: Well, in a nutshell...
简单地说……
Rachel: Nah, uh, uh, uh, uh. Nah, uh, uh, uh, uh.
不,不,不。

影片简介

想不到Phoebe竟有个丈夫叫Duncan,此人是个同性恋,是Phoebe的加拿大朋友,她帮他拿美国绿卡所以结婚。Phoebe从始至终一直暗恋他。六年过去了,他却回来说要离婚。原来他并非同志,现在爱上了别的女人,要重新结婚。Phoebe的地下婚姻的曝光成了导火索,其余人的秘密相继暴露。

划红精讲

1. straight: [俚语]异性恋的,非同性恋的

2. marry to: 与……结婚

eg. It is tragic that many people marry to stop being lonely, but soon find themselves lonelier than they were as singles.
然而可悲的是,许多人为了脱离孤独而结婚,却在婚后发现他们比单身时更加孤独。

3. figure out: [美国口语]弄清,理解

eg. It took them about one month to figure out how to start the equipment.
他们用了大约一个月的时间才弄明白如何启动这台设备。

eg. They're trying to figure out the politics of this whole situation.
他们正试图弄明白整个形势的利害关系。

4. hang out: 呆(在某处);停留

(1) 晾出

eg. I was worried I wouldn't be able to hang my laundry out.
我担心不能把洗的衣服晾到外面去。

(2) 闲逛[非正式]

eg. I often used to hang out in supermarkets.
我过去常常到超市闲逛。

5. in a nutshell: 简而言之 nutshell: 坚果壳

eg. To put it in a nutshell, a good user experience is essential.
简单地说就是,一个好的用户体验是不可少的。

分享到