(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Joey:Hey you guys. Hey, you all know my dad, right?
各位,你们都认识我爸吧?
All:Hey! Hey, Mr. Trib!
您好,Mr. Trib!
Monica:Hey, how long are you in the city?
打算在纽约待多久?
Mr. Tribbiani:Just for a couple days. I got a job midtown. I figure I'm better off staying with the kid than hauling my ass back and forth on the ferry. I don't know this one.
几天,我在中城工作,我想和儿子同住比来回坐渡轮好。我没见过他。
Phoebe:Oh, this is my friend Roger.
他是我朋友Roger。
Roger:Hi.
您好。
Mr. Tribbiani:Hey, hey. Good to meet you, Roger.
幸会,Roger。
Roger:You too, sir.
彼此彼此。
Mr. Tribbiani:What happened to the, uh, puppet guy?
玩布偶的那个怎么了?
Joey:Dad, dad.
爸爸。
Mr. Tribbiani:Oh, excuse me. So Ross, uh, how's the wife? Off there too, uh? Uh, Chandler, quick, say something funny!
抱歉,Ross,你的太太呢?两人出局了?Chandler,说点好笑的。
Mr. Tribbiani:Gotta go. I miss you too, I love you, but it's getting real late now.
我得挂电话了,我也想你,我爱你,但现在很晚了。
Joey:Hey Ma. Listen, I made the appointment with Dr. Bazida, and... Excuse me? Did you know this isn't Ma?
让我向她打声招呼,妈,我和包西达大夫约了时间。什么?你知道这不是妈吗?
Mr. Tribbiani:Her name's Ronni. She's a pet mortician.
她叫Ronni,宠物殡葬业者。
Joey:Sure. So how long you've been...
当然,你和她多久了……
Mr. Tribbiani:Remember when you were a little kid, I used to take you to the navy yard and show you the big ships?
记得小时候我常带你去海军军港看大船?
Joey:Since then?
从那时候?
Mr. Tribbiani:No, it's only been six years. I just wanted to put a nice memory in your head so you'd know that I wasn't always such a terrible guy...
不,才6年,我只想勾起你美好的回忆,让你不会觉得我一直是个大烂人……
Mr. Tribbiani:What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
Joey:Chopping garlic.
剁大蒜。
Mr. Tribbiani:Hey, you don't crush it?
你不是把它碾碎吗?
Joey:You are having an affair, I chop garlic, it is a wacky world.
你谈恋爱,我剁大蒜,这是个奇怪的世界。
Mr. Tribbiani:Joe. You ever been in love?
Joe,你恋爱过吗?
Joey:...I don't know.
我不知道。
Mr. Tribbiani:Then you haven't. You're burning your tomatoes.
那你就是没有,你的番茄快要烧焦了。
Joey:You're one to talk.
你想转移话题。
Mr. Tribbiani:Joe, your dad's in love big time. And the worst part of... It is, it's with two different women.
Joe ,你老爸爱得无法自拔,最糟的是我爱两个女人。
Joey:Oh man. Please tell me one of them is Ma.
拜托你告诉我其中一个是妈。
Mr. Tribbiani:Of course, course one of them's Ma. What's the matter with you.
当然其中一个是你妈, 你是怎么搞的?
重点讲解
词汇回顾:
1. midtown: 位于市中心地
2. ferry: 渡轮
3. whine: 作呜呜声抱怨,哀诉
4. stonefaced: 面色铁青的
5. snatch: 夺取
6. chop: 剁
7. mortician: 殡仪业者
8. navy yard: 海军工厂,海军船坞 navy: 海军的
9. affair: 风流韵事
10. wacky: 古怪的
11. saucepan: 长柄而有盖子的深锅
短语学习:
1.back and forth: 反复地,来回地
eg. Switching between these states allows Grier to move objects back and forth.
格里尔通过转换这些状态来实现向前和向后移动物体。
eg. Negotiating is the process of communicating back and forth for the purpose of reaching an agreement.
谈判是为了达成协议而反复交流的过程。 它包括说服和妥 协。
eg. The pendulum swings back and forth.
这就像单摆一样来回摆动。
2.big time: 巨大成功;大范围地;愉快的时光;第一流
eg. I owe you big time.
我欠你一个大人情。
eg. This was the magical moment, his entrance into the big time.
这是一个创造奇迹的时刻,是他走向大成功的开端。
eg. When the pressure in the big time got to be too much, the guy simply returned.
当来自上面的压力太大时,这家伙干脆甩手不干了。
2.used to: 过去常常
eg. I'm not used to getting up early.
我不习惯很早起床。
eg. You will soon become/get used to the weather here.
你很快就会习惯这里的气候。
eg. I used to do business with him.
我过去和他常有业务往来。
3.better off: 情况更好
eg. We have to do that now, because it will actually make our businesses and our families better off.
我们现在得行动了,因为那样事实上会让我们的企业和家庭更美好。
eg. If your income doubles but the prices of the goods you consume also doubles, you are no better off.
如果你的收入翻番,但所消费商品的价格也翻番,你就没有变得更富裕。