(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Rachel:So Phoebe, what do you want for your birthday?
Phoebe,你想要什么生日礼物?
Phoebe:Well, what I really want is for my mom to be alive and enjoy it with me.
我想要我妈复活和我共享人生。
Rachel:Okay. Let me put it this way. Anything from Crabtree and Evelyn?
好吧,我这样说吧,想不想要“艾芙琳”的产品?
Phoebe:Ooh! Bath salts would be nice.
我想要浴盐。
Rachel:Ooh, okay,good.
好吧,好的。
Jamie:What is this place?
这是什么地方?
Fran:Look, you're cold, I have to pee, and... there's a cup of coffee on the window. How bad could it be?
你很冷,我想尿尿,窗户上又有个咖啡杯,还有比这更糟的吗?
Jamie:I think we have an answer.
我想我们有答案了。
Fran:What's she doing here?
她怎么会在这儿?
Jamie:This could be God's way of telling us to eat at home.
老天爷明明就是叫我们回家吃饭嘛。
Fran:Think she got fired at Riff's?
她被Riff餐厅开除了?
Jamie:No, no, no. We were there last night. She kept... bringing swordfish. Are you gonna go to the, um?
不,昨晚我们还在那儿吃饭,她不断端来剑鱼,你要去……
Fran:I'm gonna wait till after we order. It's her, right.
点完之后再去。是她吧?
Jamie:It looks like her.
看起来像她。
Jamie:Um, excuse me.
抱歉?
Phoebe:Yeah?
怎么?
Jamie:Hi, it's us.
是我们。
Phoebe:Right, and it's me.
好呀,是我。
Jamie:So, so you're here too?
你也在这儿?
Phoebe:Much as you are.
和你们一样。
Jamie:Your turn.
该你了。
Fran:Err... we know what we want.
我们知道我们要什么。
Phoebe:Oh, that's good.
很好。
Jamie:All we want is two Caffe Lattes.
我们要两杯拿铁。
Fran:And some biscotti cookies.
还有小饼干。
Phoebe:Good choice.
不错的选择。
Jamie:Definitely her.
绝对是她。
Fran:Yeah.
嗯。
Monica:I can't believe you. You still haven't told that girl she doesn't have a job yet?
我真不敢相信。你还没告诉她她失业了?
Chandler:Well, you still haven't taken down the Christmas lights.
你还没把圣诞灯拿下来。
Monica:Congratulations, I think you've found the world's thinnest argument.
恭喜你,你发现了世上最薄弱的争论。
Chandler:I'm just trying to find the right moment, you know?
我只是在寻找适当的时机。
Rachel:Oh, well, that shouldn't be so hard, now that you're dating. "Sweetheart, you're fired, but how about a quickie before I go to work?"
应该不会太难找到,因为你们已开始约会。亲爱的,你被开除了。我上班前何不来个“速战速决”?
Joey:Hey.
嗨。
Rachel and Chandler:Hey.
嗨。
Chandler:You know, once you're inside, you don't have to knock anymore.
进门后就不用再敲门了。
Monica:I'll get it.
我来开。
Monica:Oh. Hi, Mr.Heckles.
嗨,Heckles先生。
Mr.Heckles:You're doing it again.
你们又这么做了。
Monica:We're not doing anything. We're just sitting around talking, quietly.
我们什么都没做,我们只是坐在这儿静静地聊天。
Mr.Heckles:I can hear you through the ceiling. My cats can't sleep.
我可以透过天花板听见,我的猫睡不着。
Rachel:You don't even have cats.
你根本没养猫。
Mr.Heckles:I could have cats.
我原本有机会养。
Monica:Goodbye Mr.Heckles.
再见了,Heckles先生。
Rachel:We'll try to keep it down.
我们会很小声的。
重点讲解
重点单词:
1. blankly: 茫然地,毫无表情地
eg. I sat inside for a while, just staring out the windshield blankly.
我在驾驶室里坐了一会儿,只是茫然地盯着挡风玻璃看。
2. philosophically: 哲学的;达观的,泰然自若的
eg. It's a much better place, philosophically, mentally, and sexually.
无论从哲学上、精神上还是性上说,它都是一个好地方。
词组学习:
1. put it this way: 这样表达
eg. One woman put it this way, "If you made a mistake, be a man and admit it."
有一位女士这样说,“如果你犯错误,请有点儿男士的风度,主动承认。”
2. much as: 非常象,和……几乎一样
eg. We want to succeed and do well just as much as you want us to.
我们想要获得成功,我们想要尽量表现得好就像你想要的那样。
3. take down: 拿下
eg. You take down a bunch of cookbooks, plan the week's meals and make a shopping list.
你记下了一大堆食谱,计划本周的食物和购物清单。