《老友记》视听精讲第204期:也许是上帝模仿我的声音
日期:2013-01-31 11:18

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler: So what the hell happened to you in China? I mean, when last we left you, you were totally in love with, you know.
你在中国究竟发生了什么事?我是说,你离开前还疯狂爱着……你知道的。
Ross: I know, I know I was, but there was always this little voice inside that kept saying it's never gonna happen, Move on! You know whose voice that was?
我知道我爱她,但我心中有这个小声音告诉我不可能成功的,死心吧!你知道那是谁的声音吗?
Chandler: God?
上帝?
Ross: It was you, pal.
是你的声音,老兄。
Chandler: Well, maybe it was God, doing me.
也许是上帝模仿我的声音。
Ross: Look, you were right. She looks at me and sees a friend, that's all. But then I met Julie, and I don't know, we're having a great time. And I have to say, I never would've gone for it with her if it hadn't been for you.
你说得对她眼中只把我当成朋友,仅此而已。然后我遇见了Julie,我们在一起非常开心。我不得不说,如果没有你的那些话我就不会向Julie告白了。
Chandler: Well, you owe me one, big guy.
你欠我一个情,大个儿。
Rachel: Here's your lemonade.
你的柠檬汁。
Ross: I didn't order lemonade.
我没有叫柠檬汁。
Rachel: Oh. Well then, you'd better go take that back because they're gonna charge you for that.
那你最好送回去否则他们会要你付钱。
Ross: But—
但是—
Rachel: Go go go go, come on! So then, well, what did you find out?
你问出了什么?
Chandler: He said, he said that they're having a great time. I'm sorry. But, the silver lining, if you wanna see it, is that he made the decision all by himself without any outside help whatsoever.
他说,他说他们在一起很开心。对不起。但是,还有一线希望,如果你愿意这么看,他完全是自己做了这个决定,完全没收外人影响。
Rachel: How is that the silver lining?
这怎么是一线希望?
Chandler: You have to really wanna see it.
你要非常愿意才看得出来。
Ross: Ironically, these are the guys who were picked last in gym.
讽刺地是,这些家伙上体育课时没人愿意跟他一队。
Monica: Phoebes, you know what I'm thinking?
Phoebe,你知道我在想什么吗?
Phoebe: Oh, ok. How, it's been so long since you've had sex, you're wondering if they've changed it?
哦,好的。怎么了,因为你太久没做爱了,你不知道有没有什么改变?
Monica: No, although now that's what I'm thinking.
不是,但是我现在是这么想了。
Phoebe: All right, so what were you thinking?
你本来在想什么?
Monica: Well, I was thinking, that you gave the guys such great haircuts, I thought, maybe you'd like to do mine?
你帮他们剪了这么好的发型,我想你也应该帮我剪。
Phoebe: Ohh! No.
哦,不要!
Monica: Why not?
为什么不要?
Phoebe: Because, I'm just, I'm incredibly anal and an unbelievable control freak.
因为我是个我非常挑剔而且是令人难以忍受的控制狂。
Monica: No you're not.
不,你不是。
Phoebe: I know I'm not, but you are, and I was trying to spare your feelings.
我知道我不是,但你是,我只是不想伤害你的心。

影片简介

Rachel兴冲冲去机场接Ross,满怀期待想和他书写新篇章,但Ross带着Julie(华裔女孩)回国,却使她美梦破碎。泄露Ross喜欢Rachel的大嘴巴是Chandler,在Ross出国前劝他忘了Rachel的也是Chandler,Chandler为此愧疚不已。大家一起看相扑节目。Phoebe给Joey和Chandler做发型;Monica眼红要凑热闹。Phoebe说Monica你太挑剔,我怕搞砸被你骂,却又在后者的再三哀求下让步。

划红精讲

1. the hell: 用于加强语气 hell: 地狱

eg. Well, what the hell did you think I was?
那么,你认为我是什么样的人呢?

eg. What the hell are you doing reading this on the weekend.
你这个周末究竟在干些什么? 就是看这篇文章吗?

2. move on: 改换(工作、话题等)

(1) 继续前往

eg. Mr. Brooke moved on from LA to Phoenix.
布鲁克先生离开洛杉矶继续前往菲尼克斯市。

(2) 命令……走开

eg. Eventually the police were called to move them on.
最后叫了警察命令他们离开。

(3) 罢手去做别的事

eg. She ran this shop for ten years before deciding to move on to fresh challenges.
她经营这家商店10年之后,决定罢手去迎接新的挑战。

3. silver lining: 一线希望

eg. If that sounds like a metaphor for Japan's current malaise, then perhaps there is a silver lining.
如果这听起来像是隐喻了日本当今的不稳定,那可能还是有一线希望的。

eg. Experts who follow the auto industry see a silver lining of sorts in the rising prices.
追踪汽车产业的专家则在不断上涨的油价中看到了一线希望。

4. be picked last 最后一个被挑选,暗示没人愿意跟他们一队

分享到
重点单词
  • malaisen. 身体不适,莫名的不安
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • metaphorn. 隐喻,暗喻
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • ironicallyadv. 讽刺地,说反话地
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,