《老友记》视听精讲第94课:你会走出阴霾的,相信我
日期:2012-06-01 14:11

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Mrs. Bing:I am famished. What do I want...
我饿死了,我想吃什么呢?
Chandler:Please God don't let it be Kung Pow Chicken.
拜托,别又是宫保鸡丁。
Mrs. Bing:Oh, you watched the show! What'd you think?
你看了那节目,感觉如何?
Chandler:Well, I think you need to come out of your shell just a little.
我觉得你可以更开放一些…
Ross:What is this dive? Only you could've picked this place.
为何选在这种二流餐厅? 只有你才会选这种地方。
Mrs. Bing:Oooh, c'mon, shut up, it's fun. Gimme a hug. I heard about the divorce. Lesbian, huh? Well, you know what they say: Be careful what you wish for.Well, I think we're ready for some tequila.
别说了,这样满不错的,来,抱一个。我已经听说你离婚的事了,同性恋,嗯?你知道他们总是说:“要小心你内心希望的。”我们可以喝点龙舌酒了。
Chandler:I know I am.
我知道我可以。
Mrs. Bing:Who's doing shots?
谁要来点儿?
Monica:Yeah.
我要。
Phoebe:I'm in.
我也来点。
Mrs. Bing:There y'go. Ross?
给你,Ross?
Ross:Uh, I'm not really a shot drinking kinda guy.
我不喝酒。
Rachel:Hi! Sorry sorry we're late, we, uh, kinda just, y'know lost track of time.
抱歉,我们迟到了,我们有点忘了时间
Ross:...But a man can change.
男人可以改变。
Ross:Anyone want me to appraise anything?
有人要我评价任何事物吗?
Mrs. Bing:Well, I’m gonna go to tinkertown.
我要去tinkertown。
Rachel:Mrs. Bing, I have to tell you, I've read everything you've ever written. No, I mean it! I mean, when I read Euphoria at Midnight, all I wanted to do was become a writer.
Bing太太,我得告诉你, 我拜读过你所有的大作。我是说真的,我读”浪漫夜”后,就一心想成为作家。
Mrs. Bing:Oh, please, honey, listen, if I can do it, anybody can.You just start with half a dozen European cities, throw in thirty euphemisms for male genitalia, and bam! You have got yourself a book.
别这么说,我能办到大家都能办到。你只需先描述几个欧洲城市,然后以委婉语形容男性生殖器,这样就能写成一本书了。
Chandler:Myyy mother, ladies and gentlemen.
各位,我母亲。
Mrs. Bing:Yeah, any messages for room 226?
226房有留言吗?
Mrs. Bing:You okay there, slugger?
你还好吧,猛男?
Ross:Yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine.
我还好。
Mrs. Bing:What is with you tonight?
你今晚怎么了?
Ross:Nothing. Nothing nothing nothing.
没,没,没什么。
Mrs. Bing:Okay, thank you. It's the Italian HandLicker, isn't it?
谢谢,是因为那个意大利舔手男?
Ross:No. It's the one he's licking.
不,是因为被他舔的人。
Mrs. Bing:She's supposed to be with you.
她应该和你在一起。
Ross:You're good.
你真行。
Mrs. Bing:Oh, Ross, listen to me. I have sold a hundred million copies of my books, and y'know why?
你真行,Ross,我卖出上亿本的书,知道为什么吗?
Ross:The girl on the cover with her nipples showing?
因为封面上的辣妹露两点?
Mrs. Bing:No. Because I know how to write men that women fall in love with. Believe me, I cannot sell a Paolo.People will not turn three hundred twentyfive pages for a Paolo.C'mon, the guy's a secondary character, a, y'know, complication you eventually kill off.
不,因为我知道怎样去描写,那些被女人们爱上的男人。相信我,Paolo没有卖点。没人有兴趣翻325页,去看Paolo的罗曼史。他不过是个二等货,不过是最后被你终结的纠葛。
Ross:When?
什么时候呢?
Mrs. Bing:He's not a hero ...You know who our hero is.
他不女人心中的英雄,知道我们心中的英雄是什么样的吗?
Ross:The guy on the cover with his nipples showing?
封面上露两点的猛男?
Mrs. Bing:No, it's you!
不,是你!
Ross:Please.
拜托
Mrs. Bing:No, really, c'mon. You're smart, you're sexy...
你既聪明又性感。
Ross:Right.
对呀。
Mrs. Bing:In fact that you don’t think you are makes you sexier. You are gonna be fine, believe me.
事实上,你不认为自己比以前更性感了。你会走出阴霾的,相信我。

重点讲解
1. come out of: 从....出来
2. shut up=闭嘴 Gimme =give me 给我
3. Who's doing shots【就是小半杯酒,一饮而尽,港剧里常见,主人公心情不好就在酒吧,把某种shot往吧台上一震,然后喝进去】
4. lose track of: 忘记

When you are doing it, do you lose track of time?
是否每当你做这件事情的时候就会忽略了时间?

You lose track of time when you're engrossed in the activity.
当你投入到那项活动的时候,你就忘记了去看时间。

I do a lot of reading, and one of the few downsides to that habit is that I often lose track of the source of an idea or phrase.
我会读很多东西,这个习惯带来的一个缺点是经常遗漏某个想法或词组的来源。

5. supposed to be: 本应如此

You were supposed to be here an hour ago.
你应该在一小时之前赶到这里。

Because the truth is, I’m not supposed to be here, standing here.
因为事实上我本不应该在这里、不应该站在这里。

IMITATION is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery, but that is not how most brands see it.
模仿应该是一种最真诚的恭维,不过这可不是大部分的品牌厂商所乐见的。

6. fall in love: 陷入爱河(爱上,喜爱)

Some fall in love with the West and decide to stay, if they can wangle a visa.
有些人则和西方人坠入爱河并决定定居国外,如果他们能想法弄到签证的话。

Scientists have found that the parts of the brain that are activated when we first fall in love are re-stimulated by adventure and novelty.
科学家发现当我们第一次坠入爱河之后,我们的大脑就会受到新一轮的刺激,对冒险以及其他的新奇的事物感兴趣。

Yet the story, simple in format, was passionate and brave: two women, one a doctor, the other a carpenter, fall in love and decide to bring a child into the world and raise her together.
但是这个形式简练的故事,却充满了真情与勇气:职业分别是医生和木工的两个女人坠入爱河,决定生育一个孩子并共同将它抚养成人。

7. kill off: 消灭,杀光

This is to make sure you kill off as much of the bacteria as possible the first time around.
这么做是确保在第一轮的时候就尽最大可能的去消灭所有的细菌。

Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men.
干掉那些遭天谴的懦夫我们就会有一个国家的勇者。

分享到
重点单词
  • sourcen. 发源地,来源,原始资料
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • adventuren. 冒险,奇遇 vt. 冒险,尝试 vi. 大胆进行,
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • carpentern. 木匠 v. 做木工活
  • complicationn. 复杂,并发症,纠纷
  • appraisevt. 评价,估价,鉴定
  • imitationn. 模仿,效法 adj. 假造的,冒充的
  • flatteryn. 谄媚,阿谀,巴结
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后