《老友记》视听精讲第376期:你在尽情出丑吗?
日期:2014-05-27 08:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Hey, you guys! Guess what?
嗨,你们猜怎样?
Got a job on a river boat?
你在邮轮上找到工作?
Y'know what I didn't wear this suit for a year because you hated it. Well, guess what? You're not my girlfriend anymore so...
我一整年没穿这套西装因为你不喜欢。你不是我的女朋友了,所以…
Oh I see, so this suit is making a point.
我懂了,你想要强调
Now that you're on you're own, you're free to look as stupid as you like.
你现在孤家寡人,可以尽情的出丑
You like it right?
你喜欢这套西装吧?
Oh absolutely. I like it even more on you than I did on Colonel Sanders.
当然,你穿起来比肯德基爷爷好看
Ross! Ross! I'm kidding!Yeah, come here!
罗斯,开玩笑的,回来
What-what was it you were gonna tell us?
你要说什么?
Yeah. Oh! Was how you invented the cotton gin?!
你发明轧棉机的过程?
Okay, good bye!
好吧,再见

影视精讲


make a point 表明一种看法;阐述观点
The Chinese make a point of their personal honor.
中国人特别重视个人荣誉。
I make a point of watching TV for an hour every day.
我认为每天应该看一小时电视。

on you're own 独自;靠自己
Now that you' re growing up you must learn to stand on your own two feet.
你既然已经长大成人,就得学会独立生活。
She lives on her own.
她一个人过。

分享到