(单词翻译:单击)
双语剧本-Ross: (standing outside the door).....Hi.
嗨.
-Monica: Wow. That is not a happy hi.
这可不是个高兴的嗨.
-Ross: Carol's pregnant.
carol 怀孕了.
-Phoebe: (while everyone else is stunned) Ooh! I found it!
我找到了.
-Monica: W-w-wh-... wha-... w-w-w-...
什,什,什么?
-Ross: Yeah. Do that for another two hours, you might be where I am right about now. (He enters.)
是的,你再持续两小时,就会变成我这样.
-Chandler: Kinda puts that whole pillow thing in perspective, huh, Mon?
如此一来,枕头的事就可先放在一边了,是吧,Mon?
-Rachel: Well now, how-how do you fit into this whole thing?
你现在要怎么办?
-Ross: Well, Carol says she and Susan want me to be involved, but if I'm not comfortable with it, I don't have to be involved.. basically it's entirely up to me.
Carol说她和Susan 想让我加入,但是对这件事我感到很不舒服,我不想卷进去,一切由我决定
-Phoebe: She is so great! I miss her.
她人真好,我真想她
-Monica: What does she mean by 'involved'?
她所谓的加入代表什么?
-Chandler: I mean presumably, the biggest part of your job is done.
我猜,你大部分的工作已经结束了.
-Joey: And the most enjoyable, Phoebe, say something
也是最有意思的阶段哦, Phoebe,说点什么。
-Ross: Anyway, they want me to go down to this sonogram thing with them tomorrow.
她们要我去做超声波检查,明天和她们俩个一起
remember when life was simpler, and she was just a lesbian.
记得当生活变简单了,她也不过是个女同性恋了.
-Chandler: uh, those were the days
这既是生活啊.
-Rachel: So what are you gonna do?
你打算怎么做?
-Ross: I have no idea. No matter what I do, though, I'm still gonna be a father.
(Joey starts to eat the rest of the lasagne and everyone turns and stares at him.)
我不知道,不管我怎么做,我还是孩子的父亲.
-Joey: .....Well, this is still ruined, right?
面还是被搅乱了,不是吗?
讲解注释stun: 使震惊,使目瞪口呆
This speech seemed to stun the king.
这话似乎使国王大吃一惊。
perspective: 透明,视而不见【Kinda puts that whole pillow thing in perspective: 在片中出现的次数非常频繁,也是口语中非常实用的词语,意思是有一点儿,相当于kind of.这样的话,枕头的事就可先放在一旁?是不是,mon? CHAN式的幽默,用来讽刺MON太紧张房间是否整洁的玩笑。】
fit into: 适应,符合
I'll change my timetable to fit in with yours.
我将改动我的时间表以适应你的。
This course will fit you for the task ahead.
这门课程将使你适应今后的工作。
He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
他有意识地使自己的话符合那种特殊场合。
involve: 包含,加入
comfortable: 舒服
entirely: 全部的
be up to sb: 取决与某人决定
miss: 想念
mean: 表示…的意思
presumably: 推测上,假定上,大概
Presumably the bad weather has delayed the flight.
大概恶劣的天气使飞机误点了。
She is aware of the difficulties, presumably?
她对这些困难大概了解吧?
He will presumably resign in view of the complete failure of his policy.
由于他所推行的政策彻底失败了,他很可能辞职。
enjoyable: 享受的,愉快的
do not think that movie is very enjoyable.
我看那部电影并不怎么有趣。
In fact, life gets more enjoyable as you age.
事实上,生活随着时间的流逝变得更有趣。
We assured our clients of an enjoyable holiday.
我们保证游客能过一个愉快的假期。
sonogram: 超声波检查
ruined: 毁坏的,破坏的
翻译练习他因听到这突然的消息而目瞪口呆。
它们必须符合社会需要。
该项报导可能是正确的。
我们全都度过了一个愉快的夜晚。
参考答案He was stunned by the sudden news.
他因听到这突然的消息而目瞪口呆。
They must fit in with the needs of the society.
它们必须符合社会需要。
The report is presumably correct.
该项报导可能是正确的。
We all had an enjoyable evening.
我们全都度过了一个愉快的夜晚。