《老友记》视听精讲第138课:角色互换
日期:2012-09-14 20:39

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Monica:Rachel, the cute doctors are here.
Rachel,帅哥医生来了。
Rachel:Okay, coming!
来了。
Monica:Hi, come on in.
嗨,快进来
Dr. Mitchell:Hey.
嗨!
Monica:Hi, Geoffrey
嗨,Geoffrey。
Rachel:Hi.
嗨。
Dr. Rosen:Ah here, we brought wine.
我们带了一瓶酒。
Dr. Mitchell:Look at this, it's from the cellars of Ernest and Tova Borgnine, so how could we resist?
这是来自 Ernest and Tova Borgnine酒窖,我们能受得了这样的诱惑?
Rachel:Oh, that's great. Look at that.
哦!真棒,看看。
Dr. Rosen:So, Monica, how's the ankle?
Monica,脚踝怎么样了?
Monica:It's uh...
嗯……
Monica:...well, why don't you tell them? After allit, is your ankle.
你为什么不告诉他们?毕竟这是你自己的脚踝。
Rachel:You know what, it's feeling a lot better, thank you, um...Well, listen, why don't you two sit down and, and we'll get you some glasses... okay.
我感觉好多了,谢谢!哦,你们快请坐,我给你们拿几个酒杯。
Rachel:Okay, listen, I'm thinking, why don't we just tell them who we really are? I mean, it'll be fine, I really think it'll be fine.
好的,听者,我想我们为什么不告诉他们我们的真实身份呢?我想不会有事的,不会有问题的。
Monica:It will not be fine. We'll get in trouble.
我们会惹上大麻烦的!
Rachel:Oh, Monica! Would you stop being such a wuss?
Monica!别那么不争气。
Monica:A wuss? Excuse me for living in the real world, okay?
不争气?抱歉,我生活在真实的世界之中。
Dr. Mitchell:So?
所以呢?
Dr. Rosen:So... they sssstill seem normal.
她们似乎很正常。
Dr. Mitchell:That's because they are.
这是因为他们是。
Dr. Rosen:Okay, but you have to admit that every time we go out. Women we meet at the hospital... Itturns into ...
但你得承认,每次我们和女病患约会都……
Dr. Mitchell:Relax. Look around. No pagan altars, no piles of bones in the corners, they're fine. Go like this.
别紧张,看看四周,没有异教徒的神坛,角落里没有一堆一堆的骨头,他们不错!这个……
Monica:I said we are not going to do it, okay? Sometimes you can be such a, a big baby.
我们绝不能这么做。有时候你怎么这么像个大小孩呢?
Rachel:I am not a baby! You know what? I swear to god, just because you get so uptight every time we...
我才不幼稚呢。我发誓,每次咱们这样你都那么紧张……
Monica:Sure, every time, you're such a princess.
是啊,每次你都像公主似的。
Rachel:You know what?
你知道吗?
Monica:What?
什么?
Rachel:You know what?
你知道吗?
Monica:What!?
什么?
Rachel:You know what?
你知道吗?
Monica:What!?
什么?
Rachel:Every day, you are becoming more and more like your mother.
一天一天你愈来愈像你妈了。
Rachel:Hello! Here we go!
来喽!
Dr. Rosen:This is a great place. How long have you lived here?
这地方真不错,你住在这儿多久了?
Rachel:Thanks! I've been here about six years, and Rachel moved in a few months ago.
谢谢,我住在这儿六年了,Rachel几个月前才搬来。
Monica:Yeah... see, I was supposed to get married, but, um, I left the guy at the altar.
对,我本来应该结婚的, 但我把我的未婚夫抛弃在圣坛了。
Dr. Mitchell:Really?
真的?
Monica:Yeah... Yeah, I know it's pretty selfish, but haha, hey, that's me. Why don't you try the hummus?
啊。是啊,是啊!我知道这很自私,但是,嘿,这就是我!试试这个鹰嘴豆沙吧?
Dr. Rosen:So, Monica, what do you do?
Monica,你从事什么工作?
Rachel:Aahh, I'm a... chef at a restaurant uptown .
我在上城区一家餐厅的厨师。
Dr. Rosen:Good for you.
有两手,真厉害。
Rachel:Yeah it is, mostly because I get toboss people around, which I just love to do.
没错,因为我喜欢指使别人。
Dr. Rosen:This hummus is great.
这点心不错。
Dr. Mitchell:God bless the chickpea.
愿神保佑鹰嘴豆。

影片简介

Monica带Rachel上医院:Rachel没买保险,所以她和Monica身份互换。当两名帅哥医生要约会她俩时,情况变得复杂化。Rachel认为应该坦白她们的身份,Monica坚持要保守秘密,两人争吵,结果在两位医生面前自爆其短。Ross没有信心当一个好爸爸:他在朋友们中寻找帮助,并向父亲咨询。Joey继续约会Ursula,后者成为他和Phoebe的朋友关系中的障碍——他错过了Phoebe的生日。

重点讲解

1.after all: 毕竟

eg. There is no need to pick at him all day long. He's a child after all.
不要老是对他唠唠叨叨,他毕竟还是个孩子嘛!

2.do with: 处置

eg. What can we do with this information?
我们能够利用此信息做什么?

3.turn into: (使)成为,(使)变为

eg. Now, assuming the event goes ahead at all, it could turn into a brawl.
现在设想一下活动如期进行,那可能会演变成一场争吵。

4.be supposed to: 应该

eg. What time will we be supposed to arrive there.
我们应该什么时候到达那里。

5.boss sb around: 指挥别人,使别人团团转 boss: 指挥,控制

eg. You are the best-dressed boss around.
您是这里穿的最有型的主管。

分享到
重点单词
  • chefn. 厨师,主厨
  • pagann. 异教徒,无宗教信仰者 adj. 异教的,异教徒的,
  • brawln. 争吵,大声的吵闹 vi. 争吵,发出大声吵闹
  • resistv. 抵抗,反抗,抵制,忍住 n. 防蚀涂层