《老友记》视听精讲第107课:乔伊有"栓子"
日期:2012-07-05 15:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Roger:I mean, it's conceivable that you wanted to sabotage your marriage so that the sibling would feel less of a failure in the eyes of the parents.
你要使你的婚姻触礁,让你妹在父母面前不那么抬不起头。
Ross:That that's ridiculous! I don't feel guilty for her failures!
这太荒谬了,她不争气我并未感到自责!
Monica:Oh! So you think I'm a failure!
你认为我不争气?
Phoebe:Isn't he good?
他不错吧?
Ross:No no no, that that's not what I was saying...
我不是那个意思……
Monica:You know, all these years, I thought you were on my side.But maybe what you were doing was sucking up to Mom and Dad so they'd keep liking you better!
多年来我以为你支持我。但或许你婚姻失败目的是想巴结爸妈, 让他们更心疼你!
Ross:Hey, I married a lesbian to make you look good!
我娶女同同性恋者是想让你建立自信!
Rachel:You're right! I mean you're right! It wasn't just the Weebles, but it was the Weeble Play Palace, and and the Weebles' Cruise Ship.Oh, which had this little lifeboat for the Weebles to wobble in.
你说得对那不是“威伯”的问题. 而是威伯游乐宫和游轮的问题,它上面的救生艇让威伯能缓缓驶出。
Roger:That's tough. Tough stuff. Come on,Phoebe, we're gonna catch that movie, we gotta get going.
那滋味不好受, Phoebe如果想看电影我们现在该走了。
Phoebe:Oh, okay. Feel better, Rachel, 'kay?
打起精神来,Rachel,好吗?
Roger:Geez, we're gonna be late, sweetie...
我们快来不及……
Phoebe:Oh, okay. Listen, thanks for everything, Mon.
好,谢谢不客气。
Monica:You're welcome.
不客气。
Roger:Listen guys, it was great seeing you again. Mon, um, easy on those cookies, okay? Remember, they're just food, they're not love.
各位,很高兴和各位再度见面,Mon,饼干别吃太多。切记,那只是食物,不是爱。
Monica:Hate that guy!
讨厌那家伙!
Joey:Night, you guys.
晚安,各位。
Chandler:Oh look, it's the woman we ordered.
这是我们订的女人。
Joey:Hey. Can, uh, can we help you?
需要帮忙吗?
Ronni:Oh, no thanks, I'm just waiting for, uh, Joey Tribbiani.
不用,谢谢,我在等 Joey Tribbiani。
Joey:I'm Joey Tribbiani.
我就是Joey Tribbiani。
Ronni:Oh no, not you, big Joey. Oh my God, you're so much cuter than your pictures! (Joey stares at her) II'm, I'm Ronni....Cheese Nip?
不是你,是老Joey,天啊,你此照片上帅多了。我是Ronni,想吃起司块(夹子)吗?
Chandler:Uh, Joey's having an embolism, but I could go for a Nip, you know?
乔伊有“栓子”,但我可以来一点。

重点讲解

单词回顾:

1. ridiculous: 荒谬的
2. guilty: 愧疚的
3. cruise: 巡航
4. lifeboat: 救生船
5. tough: 棘手的
6. geez: 【口语】(表示惊奇、愤怒)哎呀!
7. gotta=have got to(必须)
8. stuff: 东西
9. embolism: [医]栓塞

短语学习:

1.be on my side: 站在我这边

eg. I wish she would be on my side.
我希望她能站在我一边。

eg. You're supposed to be on my side!
你应该是站在我这边!

eg. No matter how I perform in the play, I know my mother will always be on my side.
不管我怎麽演这场戏,我知道我妈都站在我这边。

2.suck up to sb: 讨好某人suck: 吸取

suck up to
[俚语]巴结,奉承,讨好,拍……的马屁

eg. I can't stand the way that you suck up to her.
你老拍她的马屁,这种作法可真让我受不了。

eg. Who hates being sucked up to?
拍谁谁不高兴呀?

eg. If we are willing to suck up to the organ grinder, it is hypocritical to keep the monkey in prison.
如果我们愿意奉承街头艺人,却把猴子关在监狱里,那是一种伪善。

3. wobble: 使颤动wobble in: 晃晃悠悠地驶入

eg. This will cause me to wobble in a way that does not allow for my continued evolution.
这将引起我某种方式的抖动从而阻止进一步的进化。

eg. The worry is that rampant commodity prices may cause another wobble in the world economy.
商品价格的肆意上涨让人担心会引发世界经济的另一波波动。

4.go for: 想要

eg. Where do I go for help?
我能在何处寻得帮助?

eg. Would you go for the best technical choice?
你还会主张选择最好的技术吗?

eg. Like many of you, I get an idea, and either go for it, or not.
像你们很多人一样,我有了一个想法,要么实现它,要么不。

分享到
重点单词
  • rampantadj. 猖獗的,蔓延的,奔放的
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • commodityn. 商品,日用品
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • conceivableadj. 想得到的,可想像的,可能的
  • performv. 执行,运转,举行,表演
  • sabotagen. 怠工,破坏活动,破坏 vt. 从事破坏活动,妨害,
  • evolutionn. 进化,发展,演变
  • siblingn. 兄弟姐妹
  • technicaladj. 技术的,工艺的