《老友记》视听精讲第85课:还有一个失败的新年
日期:2012-05-17 15:46

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Rachel: Shoop, shoop, shoop…
咻,咻,咻…
Monica: Shoop!

Phoebe: Ooh.
噢!
Rachel: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Ugly Naked Guy's taking his turkey out of the oven.
丑陋裸男正从烤炉中取出他的火鸡。
Rachel: Whocares?
谁在乎啊?
Phoebe: He just sat in gravy. Oh my god. He's not alone.Ugly Naked Guy's having Thanksgiving dinner with Ugly Naked Gal.
他刚刚坐到肉汤里了。噢,我的天。丑陋裸男不是一个人。他正和一个丑陋裸女共进感恩节晚餐。
Joey: I've gotta see this. All right Ugly Naked Guy!
我得看看。丑陋裸男真爽!
Monica: Ooh, Ugly Naked Dancing!
裸舞开场了!
Phoebe: It's nice that he has someone.
有人陪真好。
Chandler: Shall I carve?
可以切了吗?
Rachel: By all means.
当然可以。
Chandler: Ok, who wants light cheese, and who wants dark cheese?
来,谁想要浅色起司,谁想要深色起司?
Ross: I don't even wanna know about the dark cheese.
我一点也不想知道深色起司是怎么来的。
Monica: Does anybody wanna split this with me?
有人想要和我分这块吗?
Joey: Oh, I will.
噢,我要。
Phoebe: Ooh, you guys have to make a wish.
你们必须先许个愿望。
Monica: Make a wish?
许愿?
Phoebe: Come on, you know, Thanksgiving. Ooh, you got the bigger half. What'd you wish for?
来吧,这是感.恩.节!噢!你得到大半了。你许的什么愿?
Joey: The bigger half.
得到大半。
Chandler: I'd like to propose a toast. Little toast here, ding ding.I know this isn't the kind of Thanksgiving that all of you all planned,but for me, this has been really great, you know, I think because it didn't involve divorce or projectile vomiting.Anyway, I was just thinking, I mean, if you'd gone to Vail, and if you guys'd been with your family,if you didn't have syphilis and stuff, we wouldn't be all together, you know? So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm very thankful that all of your Thanksgivings sucked.
我敬各位一杯。来一杯,叮叮。我知道这不是你们本来计划的感恩节,但是对我来说这样也挺棒的我想,这是因为它没和离婚或者呕吐沾边。不论如何,我在想,如果你去了韦尔,如果你们和父母在一起,如果你没有......“梅毒”那些玩意我们就不能一起过,所以我想说的就是:谢天谢地你们的感恩节计划都砸了。
All: That's so sweet.
真是感人!
Ross: And hey, here's to a lousy Christmas.
来,祝你们有个糟糕的圣诞节。
Rachel: And a crappy New Year.
还有一个失败的新年。
Chandler: Here, here!
干!干!

重点讲解
1. by all means: 一定,务必;尽一切办法

You must get there by all means before dark.
你们一定要在天黑以前到达那里。

Do it, by all means, but strictly on the quiet.
这件事一定要干, 不过要严守秘密。

If you enjoy reading, then by all means do that whenever you want.
如果你喜欢阅读,不管什么时候,都要想尽一切办法去读。

2. propose a toast: 祝酒

Now, I propose a toast for the New Year. Cheers!
现在我提议大家举杯,干杯!

And may I propose a toast to all of you and to the National Day of China!
让我们共同举杯,为各位嘉宾和中国的国庆干杯!

Everybody, I'd like to propose a toast to Mary Johnson, Teacher of the Year.
各位,我提议大家为"年度最佳教师"玛丽·约翰逊敬一杯酒。

3. here’s to 为……而尽一杯

Here's to our friendly cooperation.
为我们的友好合作干杯。

Here’s to the crazy ones.
给那些疯狂的人。

Sam: Heres to the best news show in America.
山姆: 为美国最好的新闻节目干杯。

分享到
重点单词
  • projectilen. 发射体,抛射物 adj. 发射的,投射的
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作
  • carvev. 雕刻,切割
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • cooperationn. 合作,协作
  • involvevt. 包含,使陷入,使忙于,使卷入,牵涉
  • strictlyadv. 严格地