《老友记》视听精讲第233期:我想我要顺其自然
日期:2013-03-19 11:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Phoebe: So, um, have you told your parents?
你告诉了你父母吗?
Duncan: No, but it'll be OK, they're pretty cool, my brother's straight so...
还没有,应该没关系他们都很酷,我弟弟是异性恋,所以……
Phoebe: Here you go. You know what, I just have one more question, um, if you had figured this out sooner and um, I had been around, do you think that I would have been the one who... no, um, I'm sorry, don't tell me, I don't think either answer would make me feel better.
就是这样了,我还有一个问题,如果你早一点知道而我也在你身边…… 你想会不会是我……?不,别告诉我,我想不管什么回答都不会让我更好过。
Duncan: I love you Phoebe.
我爱你,Phoebe。
Phoebe: So your brother's straigh huh? Seriously.
所以你弟弟是异性恋?说真的。
Julie: And my second grade teacher was Ms. Thomas, and my first grade teacher was Mrs. Cobb.
我的二年级老师是Thomas小姐,我的一年级老师是Cobb小姐。
Rachel: Mrs., Mrs. Gobb?
Gobb小姐?
Julie: No, Cobb, as in cobb salad.
不,是Cobb, 就像柯布沙拉。
Rachel: Now, what exactly is in a cobb salad?
柯布沙拉里面究竟有什么?
Chandler: I'm going home.
我要回家了。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Joey: Boy that Julie's a talker, huh?
Julie真是爱说话,嗯?
Ross: Goodnight.
晚安。
Rachel: So, it's pretty late, you're probably uh, not still planning on. . .
很晚了,你们大概没有打算……
Ross: Oh, no no, I am.
不,不是,我有。
Rachel: Oh, well, are hey, are you nervous?
你紧张吗?
Ross: Um, no, I uh, I have done it before.
我以前做过。
Rachel: Uh, OK, I mean uh, what, how are you gonna handle it. I mean, are, are ya gonna, are ya gonna talk about it before hand, are you just gonna pounce?
啊,好吧,我的意思是,你要如何进行?我是说,要先谈谈?还是就上了?
Ross: I uh, I don't know, I guess I'm just gonna see, see what happens.
我不知道,我想我要……顺其自然。
Rachel: OK, good luck.
好的,祝你好运。
Ross: Wha, uhh, what?
什么?
Rachel: Nothing, I mean, um, it is your first time with her and, you know if the first time doesn't go well, well then that's, that's pretty darnn hard to recover from.
没有什么。这是你与她的第一次如果第一次就不顺利…… 那就他妈的很难再东山再起。
Ross: OK, now I'm nervous.
好,现在我紧张了。
Rachel: Maybe you should put it off.
也许你应该延期。
Ross: No, no, I don't wanna put it off, I just, God I just, I spent last year being so unbelievably miserable, ya know, and now, now I'm actually happy.
不,我不要延期。我去年一整年都很悲惨,现在我很快乐。

影片简介

想不到Phoebe竟有个丈夫叫Duncan,此人是个同性恋,是Phoebe的加拿大朋友,她帮他拿美国绿卡所以结婚。Phoebe从始至终一直暗恋他。六年过去了,他却回来说要离婚。原来他并非同志,现在爱上了别的女人,要重新结婚。Phoebe的地下婚姻的曝光成了导火索,其余人的秘密相继暴露。

划红精讲

背景简介:

cobb salad: 好吃的高伯沙拉,也有翻成“海鸥沙拉”,这道菜肴是公元一九三六年由一位餐厅老板Robber Cobb 发明的。之后这道好吃的沙拉和凯萨沙拉,就成了那年代首道可当主食的沙拉,而非只是当附餐而已。这道沙拉里的材料,主要就是在生菜沙拉上面,铺洒炭烤鸡肉、熏猪肉、黄瓜、水煮蛋和乳酪等。而Rechel故意追问这道名沙拉的内容,真的可说是没话找话讲。

短语讲解:

1. figure out: 想明白,知道

eg. It took them about one month to figure out how to start the equipment.
他们用了大约一个月的时间才弄明白如何启动这台设备。

eg. They're trying to figure out the politics of this whole situation.
他们正试图弄明白整个形势的利害关系。

2. feel better: 感到好些

eg. If they feel you genuinely like them, then they'll feel better about you.
如果他们觉得你是真心地喜欢他们,那么他们对你的感觉也会变好。

3. before hand: 预先,事先

eg. If starting a new school, then go before hand then the child will feel more familiar.
如果去一个新的学校,你要走在他的前面,这样小孩子会感到更亲切。

4. go well: 进展顺利

eg. Also different flavors may not go well together.
不同的调味品,混在一起可能不好。

eg. The argument didn't go well and tension quickly grew between us.
那次争论很不好,我们之间气氛很快紧张起来。

5. recover from: 从……中恢复

eg. Sleep is so important because it allows the brain to recover from the rigours of the day.
睡眠是非常重要的,它让我们的大脑从一天的严酷工作中恢复过来。

6. put off: 延后,搁置

eg. In that case, we'll have to put off the sports meet till next Saturday.
如果那样的话,我们只好把运动会推迟到下个星期六了。

分享到