《老友记》视听精讲第252期:如果他还是那个抛妻弃子的浑球呢?
日期:2013-04-17 10:47

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

PHOEBE: OK.
好吧。
JOEY: How far'd ya get?
你走到哪里啊?
PHOEBE: Mailbox.
信箱。
CHANDLER: Alright, we're gettin' closer.
有进步了。
PHOEBE: Uh-huh.
是吧。
JOEY: Phoebs, what's goin' on?
菲此,你怎么了?
PHOEBE: No, it's just like, ya know, it's a whole mess of stuff, ya know.
其实原因很多啦
It's like, yesterday, ya know, my dad was this, like, famous Burma tree surgeon guy and, ya know, now he's a, a pharmacist guy and. . .
昨天,我爸爸他还是一个名间遐迩的缅甸树医,可是他现在却变成一个药剂师了…
JOEY: Well, maybe he's, maybe he's this really cool pharmacist guy.
或许他是一个很酷的药剂师也说不定。
PHOEBE: Yeah, maybe, yeah. You know, and, and I'll knock on the door and, and he'll hug me,
对,或许,对然后我会跑去敲他的门…
and I'll have a dad. Ya know and I'll, I'll go to his pharmacy and everyone will be really nice to me 'cause,
…他会拥抱我,我会有个爸爸,然后大家都会亲切地对待我…
you know, I'm Franks daughter.
…因为我是法兰的女儿。
CHANDLER: Well, so why not go knock?
那就快去敲门哪。
PHOEBE: Well, 'cause, I mean, what if, what if he's not this great dad guy?
因为如果他没有那么棒呢?
I mean, what if, what if he's just still the dirtbag who ran out on my mom and us?
如果他还是那个抛妻弃子的浑球呢?
You know what? I've already lost a fake dad this week and I don't think I'm ready to lose a real one.
你知道吗?我这个礼拜已经失去一个假爸爸了,我不想再失去一个真的爸爸。

影视精讲


她祖母说其实她生父住得不远,于是菲比带上钱德和乔伊去探望父亲。 到门口了她却说,我还没准

备好!

1. what if 如果…怎么办
eg. But what if you want to find someone by her first name?
但如果你想使用名的第1个字母来查找姓名呢?

2. a mess of 一大堆…;把…弄糟
eg. At his death, his heirs found only a mess of manuscripts.
他死后,继承人只找到一些杂乱无章的手稿。

3. dirtbag 可鄙的家伙
eg. Drop the watermelon, dirtbag!
放下西瓜,混蛋!

分享到
重点单词
  • mailboxn. 邮筒,邮箱
  • surgeonn. 外科医生
  • pharmacistn. 药剂师,药商