《老友记》视听精讲第52期:洗衣服都不会
日期:2012-02-03 16:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Woman: Coming through through. Move, move.
借过,让让,让让。
Rachel: Oh, excuse me. I was kinda using that machine.
哦,抱歉。好像我在用这台机器啊。
Woman: Yeah, well, now you're kinda not.
对,恩,现在好像你没有了。
Rachel: But I saved it. I put my basket on top.
但是我占的。我把篮子放在上面的。
Woman: Oh, I'm sorry, is that your basket? It's really pretty. Unfortunately, I don't see suds.
哦,对不起,是你的篮子?真是漂亮。不幸地是,我没看见肥皂液。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Woman: No suds, no save. Ok?
没有肥皂液,就不算占了。对吧?
Ross: What's going on?
什么事?
Rachel: Hi, uh, nothing. That horrible woman just took my machine.
嗨,呃,没什么。那个可恶的女人占了我的机器。


Ross: Was your basket on top?
你的篮子放在上面的?
Rachel: Yeah, but, there were no suds.
对,不过,没放肥皂液。
Ross: So?
所以?
Rachel: Well, you know, no suds, no save.
恩,你知道,没有肥皂液,就不算占了。
Ross: No suds? Excuse me, hold on a second. That's my friend's machine.
没肥皂液?抱歉,等一下,那是我朋友的机器。
Woman: Hey, hey, hey, her stuff wasn't in it.
嗨,嗨,嗨,她的东西又没在里面。
Ross: Hey, hey, hey, that's not the rule and you know it.
嗨,嗨,嗨,没这规矩而且你也知道的。
Ross: All right, show's over. Nothing to see here. Ok, let's do laundry.
好了,表演结束了。这儿没什么可看的。好,我们洗衣服吧。
Rachel: That was amazing. I can't even send back soup.
真神奇。我连退份汤都不敢。
Ross: Well, that's because you're such a sweet, gentle, uh...Do you, uh, do you...Oh, hey, uh you must need detergent.
恩,那是因为你太可爱,温柔,呃……你想,呃,你想,哦,嗨,呃,你必须要用洗涤剂。
Rachel: What's that?
这是什么?
Ross: Uberveiss. It's new, it's German, it's extratough.
乌伯维斯,新产品,德国的,效果超强。
Ross: Rach, do you uh, are you gonna separate those?
Rach,你要呃,你准备把这些分开洗吗?
Rachel: Oh god. Oh, am I being like a total laundry spaz? I mean, am I supposed to use like one machine for shirts and another machine for pants?
哦天呐。哦,我是不是完全像个洗衣白痴?我想,我猜是不是要用一台机器洗衬衣,另一台洗裤子?
Ross: Rach, have you never done this before?
瑞,你以前从来没洗过?
Rachel: Well, not myself, but I know other people that have. Ok, you caught me. I'm a laundry virgin.
恩,没自己洗过,但我知道其他人这样洗过。好吧,被你发现了。我是个洗衣处女。
Ross: Uh, well, don't worry, I'll use the gentle cycle.
呃,恩,别担心。我用慢速循环。
Ok, um, basically you wanna use one machine for all your whites,
好,恩,基本上你需要用一台机器洗所有白色的,
a whole nother machine for colors, and a third for your uh, your uh, delicates, and that would be your bras and your underpanty things.
另一台洗有颜色的,第三台洗你的呃,你的呃,贴身,就是指你的胸罩和内裤之类的。
Rachel: Ok, Well, what about these are white cotton panties. Would they go with whites or delicates?
好,恩,这些白色的棉内裤怎么办。是和白色还是和贴身一起洗?
Ross: Uh, that, that, that would be a judgment call.
呃,这个,这个,这个就随便了。

讲解注释

come through:借过

hold on a second: 等一会儿

send back: 送回,还回

extratough:(去污)能力很强

spaz: <俚>(被人蔑视的)笨家伙,怪人

be supposed to

1.被期望;应该
2.认为必须,认为应该
3.认为应该,必须;认为可以
4.一致公认
You are supposed to get a good grade你被期望得到一个好成绩

It's supposed to be a problem这应该是一个问题(被认为)

nother: <俚>不同的,各异的

go with

1.伴随
Happiness doesn't necessarily go with money. 快乐不一定跟钱有关。
2.与...相配
Do you think this hat would go with my new dress? 你觉得这帽子搭我这件新裙子怎么样?
3.与...约会
He goes with the girl every week. 他每周都跟这女孩儿约会。
4.顺从...的趋势

a judgment call: 自己判断

分享到
重点单词
  • gentleadj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • judgmentn. 裁判,宣告,该判决书
  • laundryn. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣
  • detergentn. 清洁剂 adj. 用于清洗的