《老友记》视听精讲第185期:石英表vs瑞士石英表
日期:2013-01-05 11:43

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: Stopped for a Chunky.
中途下车买矮胖
Carol: Let it go, Ross.
下车买矮胖别介意了,Ross
Susan: I got an extra one. You want this?
我多了一个,想要吗?
Ross: No.
不想。
Dr. Franzblau: Hey, how's my favorite parenting team doing?
我最喜爱的父母团队还好吗?
Ross: Dr. Franzblau, hi.
你好,Franzblau医生。
Dr. Franzblau: So, I understand you're thinking of having a baby? Well, I see you're nine months pregnant. That's a good start. How you doing with your contractions?
我了解你们在考虑生宝宝的事,我知道你已怀胎九月,这是好的开始,收缩的情况如何?
Carol: Oh, I love them. Each one's like a little party in my uterus.
我喜欢每一阵都像是子宫中的小舞会。
Susan: They're every four minutes and last 55 seconds.
他们每四分钟一次,持续55秒。
Ross: 59 seconds. Quartz, ha.
59秒,石英表。
Susan: Swiss quartz, ha, ha.
瑞士石英表。
Carol: Am I allowed to drink anything?
我能喝饮料吗?
Ross: I'll get it.
我去拿。
Susan: No, I'm getting it. I'll be right back.
不,我去,马上回来不,我去。
Ross: I got it—I'm getting it!
我去!
Rachel: Hi, I thought you might like some ice chips.
我想你或许想喝碎冰。
Carol: Thanks.
谢谢。
Rachel: And if you need anything else, I—do not believe we've met. Hi. I'm, uh, Rachel Green. I'm Carol's... exhusband's... sister's roommate.
如果还需要别的……我没见过吧?我叫Rachel Green,Carol前任丈夫妹妹的室友。
Dr. Franzblau: It is nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Franzblau. I'm your roommate's... brother's... exwife's obstetrician.
幸会,我是Franzblau大夫, 你室友哥哥前妻的医生。
Rachel: Oh, that's funny!
真有趣!
Monica: I want a baby.
我要个宝宝。
Chandler: Mmmm. Not tonight, honey. I got an early day tomorrow.
今晚不行,亲爱的我明天得早起。
Monica: Get up. Come on. Let's get some coffee.
起来,我们去买咖啡。
Chandler: Oh, ok, 'cause we never do that.
好吧,因为我们没做过。
Joey: Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot, or just fall down. That's good too.
投……或是不进也行。
Lydia: Knick fan?
Knick迷?
Joey: Oh, yeah.
是的。
Lydia: Oh, boy, do they suck
他们烂透了。
Joey: Hey, listen, lady...whoa.
听着,女士。
Lydia: Look, look at your man, Ewing. Nice shot. You know what, he couldn't hit water if he was standing on a boat.
看,你的Ewing ,漂亮他连坐在船上都投不进水里。
Joey: Oh yeah? And who do you like?
是吗?你支持谁?
Lydia: The Celtics.
Celtics队。
Joey: The Celtics? Ha. They couldn't hit a boat if...wait. They suck, alright?
Celtics队?他们无法投进船……反正他们很烂。
Lydia: Oh, shut up. You know, it's a rebuilding year. You... waah!
闭嘴,今年是重建年。
Joey: Wha? Wha..aa? Let me get the father. Hey, we need a father over here! We need a father!
我帮你孩子的爹,我们这儿需要爸爸……
Lydia: There is no father.
他没有爸爸。
Joey: Oh, oh, oh, sorry.
抱歉。
Lydia: Ok, that's ok. I'm fine. I'm... oh!
没关系,我没事。
Joey: Oh, uh, ok. Right this way. All the other pregnant women seem to be going in here.
所有的孕妇似乎都往这儿走。
Lydia: Ok.
是的。

影片介绍

Carol即将分娩,六人齐集医院;但Carol却因为陪Susan购物而姗姗来迟;Ross一见Susan就剑拔弩张,之后两人又为婴儿的名字争执,双双被Carol轰出门外。Rachel对妇产科医生频送秋波……但该医生患职业病,对女性失去了胃口。Phoebe带着吉他到医院唱歌,“粉嘟嘟的小孩子,长大憎你老不死”——犯得Ross给她钱买她闭嘴。Phoebe、Ross和Susan被困在储物室,Phoebe给两人上了一课。

划红精讲

短语学习:

1. ice chips: 碎冰 chip: 碎片(常用于医疗手术中)

eg. One of the nurses asked if I would like some ice chips to help alleviate problem.
一位护士问我要不要含一些碎冰块来缓解一下。

eg. These practitioners usually okay ice chips only, supplemented as needed by intravenous fluids.
这类医生往往只允许冰块,和需要的静脉注射。

2. fall down

(1) 掉下,落下,跌倒

eg. The old lady fell down in the street and broke her leg.
老妇跌倒在大街上,摔坏了腿。

(2) 拜倒,跪倒

eg. They fell down before him.
他们拜倒在他面前。

(3) 倒塌

eg. The old house soon fell down.
这座老房很快就倒塌了。

(4) 毫无结果,(在……方面)失败(常与on,in连用);被表明为不正确、不足或不妥;证明是不令人满意的(或不切合实际)

eg. Your plan fell down when it proved too costly.
你的计划是不切合实际的,因为它被证实耗资太大。

口语简单句:

how are you doing with... 你过得如何?你……怎么样了?

eg. How are you doing with sunlight?
你对阳光过敏的事现在怎么样了?

eg. How are you doing with your new boss?
你跟新上司处的如何?

eg. How are you doing with your goals and plans for this Decade of Destiny?
在这末世的日子里,你是如何制定你的目标和计划呢?

分享到
重点单词
  • costlyadj. 昂贵的,代价高的
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • alleviatevt. 减轻,使 ... 缓和
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • decaden. 十年
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟